lol, reviews 3/7/07

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

lol, reviews 3/7/07

Post by idsunki »

I'll get back to 2/28's later. Kind of a quiet week, and no one seemed to miss it.

Onward, to yesterday!

52 Week 44 (DC) - Someone gets eaten. Also, the wheels that have been starting in motion the past few weeks are starting to come all the way around. Big crazy fight scene this issue - things are going nuts in Kahndaq.

Bullet Points 5 (Marvel) - A five-part 'What if' story that wrapped up this week - what if the doctor responsible for the super soldier serum had been killed one day earlier, thus no Captain America in WWII? All around good cause and effect story with a very cool ending - can this world of different heroes fight Galaktus?

Captain America 25 (Marvel) - So.. there's spoilers for this anywhere you might care to look. CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, wherever. This is serious business.

Civil War Initiative 1 (Marvel) - A sneak peek at a few of the comics spinning out of Civil War and the Initiative, also Ms. Marvel either pulling a spoiler reveal about what happened above or lying her beautiful ass off to try and get Spider-Woman back on their side. Best line in that exchange?
SW: I don't want to fight you!
MM: Good, you'd lose.

Civil War Poster Book (Marvel) - You know all those awesome covers and two page spreads you wish you could hang up on your wall? No? Then don't bother with this book if you don't think hanging comic art on your walls is awesome.
Heathen.

Fantastic Four 543 (Marvel) - After the Civil War, what can America's First Family do to pull it together? Reed and Sue leave the team indefinitely to work on their marriage (a few trust issues came up during the whole Civil War thing). Ben and Johnny are going to be holding down the fort with the help of Black Panther and Storm! Then there's a short story by Stan Lee featuring... Stan Lee! Some good art by Michael Allred has Smilin' Stan taking on the moloids and their master - the Mole Man!

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 18 (Marvel) - Spidey and Sandman are hot on the trail of whoever framed Sandman's dad. An Uncle Ben from an alternate timeline is smack in the middle of this, except he's dead too. Good writing as always from Peter David.

Incredible Hulk 104 (Marvel) - Hulk can smash, but can Hulk rebuild an empire and restore peace to a world not his own? He sure as hell tries, and part of that means smashing stuff anyway. But someone doesn't want the Hulk to be at peace. And we wouldn't have World War Hulk this summer without him mad as mad can be.

Justice League of America 6 (DC) - "This is the story of my life and my death, but not the story of my defeat." Great, great ending to the first story arc. Can't wait for the next one.

Manhunter 29 (DC) - The trial of the millenium continues with attorney Kate Spencer trying to defend Wonder Woman's murder of Max Lord. Some new evidence comes up that WW refuses to use, even though Superman seems ready to allow it.

Marvel Zombies Army of Darkness 1 (Marvel) - Chainsaw hand Ash comes to mix it up with the Marvel Zombies. This should be fun.

Mighty Avengers 1 (Marvel) - Ms. Marvel gets her very own Avengers team just in time for New York to come under attack by giant monsters!

Punisher 45 (Marvel/MAX) - The five wives of gangsters that the Punisher murdered are after him. They set the trap, planted the bait, and now all they have to do is wait for him to come to them...

Superman/Batman 32 (DC) - Superman breaks the influence of the black rock just in time for Batman to fall prey to it. All the alien-origin heroes of the DCU are ready for ... something that is coming.

Ultimate Spider-Man 106 (Marvel) - Spidey and MJ back together again, Aunt May's in the hospital recovering, and things seem like they might be going back to normal (well, what passes for normal). Meanwhile, the Kingpin finds out he owns the license for all of Spider-Man's imaging, and a new student shows up at Midtown High. I'm not going to say who she is, but she has a habit of wearing some Jewish bling.

Uncanny X-Men 484 (Marvel) - More space action! The invasion begins, and Nightcrawler is pretty much the only person not using lethal force. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a Kurt/Rachel relationship, as he isn't too pleased with her killing people without much in the way of regret. We also get to find out what happened with Xavier and Darwin. Things aren't looking too good for either of them.

Welcome to Tranquility 4 (DC/Wildstorm) - A good murder mystery in a town of retired superheroes and villains. Things are starting to come together, but will the sheriff be able to figure this out before more people die?

Alright, there you go. Some more reviews for you. Let me know if I left any out you wanted, and I'll see what I can do.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

lol, reviews 3/7/07

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by idsunki
Uncanny X-Men 484 (Marvel) - More space action! The invasion begins, and Nightcrawler is pretty much the only person not using lethal force. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a Kurt/Rachel relationship, as he isn't too pleased with her killing people without much in the way of regret.
Wolverine does the same thing all the time and they're still friends. With benefits.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir