What are you reading?

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

What are you reading?

Post by idsunki »

Like the title says, what are you reading right now? What titles do you pick up every month? What trades are you catching up on? I want to know!

If you need to see what I'm reading right now, go check out my reviews in the new Idsunki Says! area. I'm also apparently rereading Transmetropolitan, because I can't stop picking them up off my bookshelf after I finish the previous one.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

What are you reading?

Post by Freak »

I' mainly a Marvel boy:
Uncanny X-Men, Ultimate x-Men, New Excalibur (don't hate me, Nacht :(), Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Irredeeamble Ant-Man and Zemo: Born Better

DC stuff: Green Arrow, Teen Titans

That seems a lot, but I'm a geek, sorry :blush
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

What are you reading?

Post by Slarti »

Marvel has been annoying me for a while now, so the only X book I read is Astonishing. I used to read Hubby’s Avengers and such, but he’s given up too. :P The only other monthly book I get is Jack of Fables. I’ve been getting The Walking Dead since the beginning too. ;)

What I’ve really been into is catching up on Vertigo – I caught the first several Transmetropolitan trades, but I’m not sure I’ll finish that series. Right now I’m reading Preacher, and picked up the first Fables trade. I have the first several trades for Y the last Man and I think I’ll go back to finish that after Preacher. After those? The Watchmen.

Of course with my husband around, I read other books I wouldn’t normally – like Hawkman and 52. He’s also been picking up old books, like the 1960s issues of The Brave and the Bold and some old Batman comics.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

What are you reading?

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I don't read alot of comics nowadays because our "local" comic book store is less than satisfactory. But I am reading Oddly Enough by Bruce Coville right now and can't wait for the seventh Harry Potter book.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

What are you reading?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

In trades, sort of, I mean, I'll get around to them eventually, whenever I decide I have too much money and need to buy some trades, these are the ones:

The Walking Dead
Girls
Transmet
Fables

I also read (byrnesteal) Ultimate.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

What are you reading?

Post by JSherlock »

I'm reading the Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. It's. . .interesting. I'm not sure I like it, but I'm still reading it.

Finished reading it. It was interesting, and I think I mght read the second one. But still, not as good as other things I've read. I'm still looking for something to really capture my interest.

[Edited on 20/2/2007 by JSherlock]
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

What are you reading?

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Right now, Im reading Preacher. But the comic culture in here and in there is not the same. So the stores have little to offer.
I do find interesting comics from internet every month though. Like Sea Of Blood and Gentleman Corpse.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

What are you reading?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Marvel has been dazzling me less and less, what with my favs being written horribly/out of the books altogether (:nocturne :gambit :dazzler (ult) :bawl). But I'm reading a bit.

Currently, I'm reading New Excalibur (to hate you, Freak, would make me a hypocrit. Now, if you like it..), Astonishing Xmen, Girls, Jack of Fables, The Boys (when they bring it back :bawl), Texas Chainsaw Massacre (guilty pleasure :P), American Virgin as well as Y: The Last Man, Fables, and Walking Dead in trades.

Preacher and Transmet kick ass as well ;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

What are you reading?

Post by littlebamf »

Wisdom, Target X (gorgeous artwork), New X-men and lookin to pick up a few trades - namely Girls and Fables as I've heard such good things, but have been too lazy to buy them....But I got a new part time job so I have more money :D
kurtc
Lubber
Lubber

What are you reading?

Post by kurtc »

I'm sure I'll miss something, ready go.....

batman, dectective, asb&rtby, flash, wonderwoman, allstar supes, superman, action comics, teen titans, outsiders
green lantern, gl corps, jsa, jsa classified, 52, shadowpact, jla
xmen, uncanny xmen, astonishing, excalibur, new avengers, cap, ironman, punisher, war journal, daredevil, wisdom, wolverine, xfactor, dr strange oath, eternals
jack of fables, the boys, authority, desolation jones exmachina

the ultimates, planetary, and fables(this is soooo hard to wait) in trades

then theres the half billion minis and the next big crossover megasuperdeluxe events
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

What are you reading?

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Does anyone here get Reader's Digest?? Cuz I noticed something about the back cover of this month's issue. There is a box near the bottom left corner of the picture and in it you will find an Action Comic with Superman lifting a car on the cover. Just someting I noticed and thought was cool.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

What are you reading?

Post by Trigger »

I've been having the hardest time ever actually finding something in the entire comic store worth reading. So far only uncanny is making the list, but thats even on thin ice. Is ultimate x-men any good? I've heard mixed reviews.

[Edited on 8/4/07 by Trigger]
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

What are you reading?

Post by JSherlock »

Astonishing! OMG - awesome stuff! I've picked up the first three trades, and I need more. :D It's SO good. The artwork, the dialogue, and the arcs, so far.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

What are you reading?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I just caught up on Ultimate too. Pretty damn good.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

What are you reading?

Post by Trigger »

I just read the last of the four Silver Surfer Requiems. They were amazing! The artwork was absolutely breathtaking.