lol, reviews! 2/14/07

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

lol, reviews! 2/14/07

Post by idsunki »

52 Week 41 (DC) - Not nearly as action packed as last week, but some good stuff anyway. Plenty of Question stuff going on, with a good ending for it (at least until next week). We finally get to see some more space hero action again. We're getting so close to the end...

Astonishing X-Men 20 (Marvel) - Another beautiful issue. The characters are spot on, especially Emma 'avoiding' dealing with centrifugal nonsense. Some good insight into Colossus as well, with some nice fight scenes. Good pep talk from Wolverine to the new student, 'Armor.' Also, a rather startling revelation from Beast. In conclusion, if you aren't reading Astonishing already... just go get the trades. They go all the way up to 18, 19 is still available, and 20 just came out.

Batman 663 (DC) - Grant Morrison's back on the title, and this issue is just ... interesting. More of an illustrated novella, the story is pretty out there. More Joker/Batman stuff, with some Harley Quinn thrown in at the funeral of the Joker's favorite henchman.

Exiles 91 (Marvel) - Would you believe any version of Sabertooth from any reality ever would even think the words "With great power comes great responsibility"? I don't. I keep hoping this will be good, but my hopes aren't too high. Of course, if you're a Claremont fan then this is just more of what you're looking for, so enjoy!

Justice Society of America 3 (DC) - I don't know much JSA history, but the book's been pretty interesting so far. Someone (it's revealed in this issue) has been trying to kill all the patriotic-themed heroes and their families so there would be no one to take up the legacy. Then some Fourth Reich Nazis keep trashing a family picnic, and Wildcat is doing some bonding (drinking) with his newfound son. Pretty crazy ending, but if you don't have at least a basic familiarity with JSA characters, villains, and history, it might not make much sense.

New Excalibur 16 (Marvel) - There's a shootout at a bank, which NEX decides they need to stop. They beat up the baddies, but Dazzler gets shot and killed... then comes back to life. Again. Still no explanation. Then, in the hospital, TJ has a stroke, slips into unconsciousness, then wakes up with partial amnesia. Again, if you're a Claremont fan, go right ahead.

New X-Men 35 (Marvel) - A little jumbled from one spot to another, but the story has been good. Next issue should be a great fight scene with X-23 and Hellion involved. Should be fun!

Nextwave Agents of HATE 12 (Marvel) - Nextwave goes out with a bang. If you didn't read it, that's not my fault. Hey, to make it easier to catch up, the soft cover trade for the first volume came out that day too.

Sensational Spider-Man 35 (Marvel) - More Back in Black! Still no real explanation! A bunch of Spider-Men running around in the red and blues and getting killed. Who is behind all this? Good set up for an interesting story.

Truth Justin and the American Way 5 (Image) - Very, very funny stuff. This is the last issue (finally!) with some unique, very animated art. If you haven't picked it up yet, see if you can find the other ones. It even has a theme song!

Ultimate X-Men 79 (Marvel) - Fall out from last issue continues. A funeral occurs, and people line up to pay their respects. A mutant leaves, another escapes, and ... another enjoys the death of an adversary. I'm looking forward to it.

Wolverine Origins 11 (Marvel) - Another good one for Wolverine fans. A little more detail about the kid, and it looks like someone is setting Wolverine up. But for what purpose?

Alright, I know I missed a few, but I haven't read them yet. I may get a chance to update this over the next couple days or so.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

lol, reviews! 2/14/07

Post by Slarti »

OOOO! Astonishing is out! I never pay attention to when it's scheduled. Awesome - I'm stopping on the way home to pick up that! ...and maybe the next Preacher trade too. :shifty
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

lol, reviews! 2/14/07

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Astonishing was...astonishing :P

New Excalibur was....JESUS CHRIST CC READ EXILES PLEASE!! PLEASE!!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€