Girls

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Girls

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I can't believe we haven't posted about this book yet! It's CRAZY! This was another at least, IMO) that started out a bit slow but REALLY picked up the pace and is now one of the best books out there.

Basic premise: These odd naked women appear in this small town, seducing men, and killing women. After having sex with a man, they lay eggs, which hatch more of these full grown, naked women. The town is somehow encased in this impenetrable sphere, in the center of which is this bizarre sperm like thing to which the women are feeding any of the dead women they find/kill. Obviously, the town goes nuts, and try to figure out how to deal with all this. Man it's GOOOOOOOD.

There are only about 3 issues left in this book, so pick it up and get all caught up and check out how it ends. Man I cannot WAIT!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Girls

Post by idsunki »

Yeah, it's almost like a zombie book, but instead of dead rotting people you have nubile young women that aren't wearing anything.

Y'know, if you're into that sort of thing.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Girls

Originally posted by idsunki
Yeah, it's almost like a zombie book, but instead of dead rotting people you have nubile young women that aren't wearing anything.

Y'know, if you're into that sort of thing.
:naughty
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Girls

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

This is probably the best comic I've ever read in terms of originality and realistic psychology. It's like, omigod! That's EXACTLY what would happen if a giant sphere blocked off a small village and zombies that looked like beautiful women terrorized the inhabitants.

You just know that once all the women are dead it will go after the men. The men don't know that, though, and they just keep screwing. Men are so fricking dumb sometimes.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Girls

Post by idsunki »

Oh man I got to read the new issue.

As much as some issues seem to favor one side over the other, I do like how there are people on both sides (men and women) who are good, bad, crazy, scared ... in short, human. I'm not the biggest fan of their art sometimes (the anatomy can be kind of off, or their angles don't work so well), but their characterization is usually spot on.

Check out their first mini-series Ultra for some more good characterization.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Girls

I have NO idea how they are going to be able to wrap this up in one issue. NO idea. Like, NOTHING has been answered yet. But dammit, I cannot WAIT to read the last issue.

I'm gonna be so sad to see this end :(. It was such a brilliant series. I'll be looking for their next project most def.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Girls

Ok.....I'm still a bit confused but WTF?! WTF. DAMN. That was one WEIRD ending. I think I need to reread the series to really absorb it all. That last page though really had me like "HOLY CRAP!"

Still, awesome series. I'm sad to see it go :(