Confizzle says...

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Confizzle says...

Post by Confizzle »

X-Factor #10 Review
Come to think of it it’s more of a review/vague summery.

Writer-Peter Arthur David

Artist- Renato Arlem

Flashback Art-Toy Allen Martinez

First off congratulations to Ariel David for her big bowling trophy, as a bowler myself I applaud her.

Multiple Disclosures Part 1(of 3)

The flashback sheds some interesting light on Mr. Damien Tryp and his whole situation, also sheds light on his claim that he killed Madrox’s parents back in X-Factor #7. This is well written, and the is a great fit for this scene, and I suppose that’s why they had Martinez just do the flashback art. It is a bit confusing at some times but I suppose that’ll work its self out in X-Factor #11 and #12.

This arc begins setting up the showdown between Sigularity and X-Factor, which has been brewing since X-Factor #1. While it does seem a bit cliché that the means to bring Sigularity down is a rogue employe it played out rather nicely. My personal favorite part of the story was the morning after he and the rest of X-Factor had a few drinks celebrating Madrox telling S.H.I.E.L.D. to drop dead, finding that he had created a dupe on accident that night. It was a fun twist on another old cliché and the humor was abound as M and Siryn both figured out why Madrox was named “Multiple Man.”. Layla continues to be adament that she is going to marry Madrox in the future, you know, after she’s not jailbait anymore. The disgrunt Singularity employee, Professor Buchanan, runs into X-Factor’s lives with a bang as Guido manages to protect him from an assisnation attempt. The dialogue is a bit akward but I suppose that’s expected considering what happened.

As they begin to question the Professor, Madrox has a bit of a run in with his past and reacted understandably, Layla does give a hint as to who the betrayer is but she doesn’t even realize it. The Rictor/Quicksilver subplot was very interesting as Pietro seems convinced that the remutation process is not flawed but the mutants themselves. So I take it that Rictor will be busy talking with Quicksilver while the rest of the team is dealing with Sigularity.

I give X-Factor an A.

Quotes:
Mrs. D-You’re getting an early start today. I suppose the early bird catching the worm.
Tryp Sr.-True enough…Although, at the end of the morning, you’re just left with worm in your mouth.

M- Last night
Madrox- Uh-huh
M-Now I know why they call you “Multiple Man.” See you later. Count on it.

Madrox-Layla did…you and I?
Layla- Of Course not, Jamie.
Madrox- Oh, thank God.
Layla-I’m saving myself for our wedding night.

I'm still working out the kinks in my reviews, so tell me how to make them better.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Confizzle says...

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Fizz, I wanted to give you your own review thread, just as Id has, so keep it up :)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Confizzle says...

Post by Confizzle »

Huzzah! When I first started reviewing I had to stop cause school got in the way, but this time I hope to keep at it.