FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

And of course, what did I pick up? The Runaways/Xmen!!! Of course!!

Honestly...a bit lame....but.....its free, so no complaints. But, I HAD to post this little tid bit:

[spoiler]At the very end, Chase wearing Beast's glasses and saying "Guess you totally stole Cookie Monster's glasses" and "Oh, look at me, I'm a big vfurry nerd!"[/spoiler]

:LOL

And you WONDER why Chase is my absolute fav?? :love

So, comeon peeps, what schweet schwag did you get on freebie day? I also got a Wolverine Heroclix with a black shirt that interested me for about 5 seconds....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by Saint Kurt »

I got all of them.

My local store made up a big package of the free comics along with information about their store, eleven comics in all. I read the comics (well most of them) and then I put the whole thing back together to give to my dad. He likes comics, but in comic book stores he's kind of lost because he never knows what to get. Now he'll have a bunch of new comics to look at.

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by Angelique »

I only just got back and haven't yet read anything. Picked up the Star Wars one, an extra from last year, and two Transformers ones for the kids, and Runaways for me, as well as buying God Loves, Man Kills.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by Nandireya »

It was Free Comic Book Day this week? I didn't even go to the comic shop...there's books there waiting for me but I'm just so 'meh' with the whole industry right now I can barely be bothered going to pick them up. I got a Penny Arcade one last year...Todd put it aside for me as well...he's probably chucked one with me stash this year too...he's a good guy :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I forgot.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by HoodedMan »

I join the ranks of those who didn't realise... :(
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I got the runaways, the...was it donald duck? for my daughter, Justice league for my son and a heroclix wolverine (dark shirt) for him too.

Also they had a rocking sale, so I picked up a few back issues and a few more preacher trades. Yay!!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

Post by chicory »

I didn't quite make it to my local comic book store. But, I did figure out what part of Church Street it had to be located on. (The part w/o rain roofs in front of the store fronts - and I didn't have my jacket when it started coming down) - so I went and got a pizza instead of free comics.

I'll have to visit some other time :)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz