Favorite Artists!!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Favorite Artists!!

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I don't think we have a favorite comic artist thread, but why the hell not?

Myself? Darick is wayyyy wayyy at the topic of that frikken list. Nightcrawler made me like him, but Transmetropolitan really elevated him to the top for me. Amazing attaention to detail, and INCREDIBLE depiction of the characters expression...something I haven't noticed handled so perfectly by many artists...

Anywho, more: Clayton Henry and Roy Allen Martinez. Most of us are pretty familiar with Henry, but check out his deviant art account: http://clayton-henry.deviantart.com/

Roy Allen Martinez is the current artist for Son of M and GOD DAMN he is INCREDIBLE! I love the lines, I love the detail, and I love ths almost simplicity. I love how frikken clean it is. Here's a few pages for example:

*drool*

Here's an online portfolio I found. http://www.glasshousegraphics.com/creat ... /index.htm Beautiful. They need to get him on a monthly title. I don't care what the title is, I'll buy it....

So, who are your favs?

[Edited on 26/3/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Favorite Artists!!

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

OK, i'm booting this to the top. We ALL read comics, so we all MUST have an artist we like. Come on, dish!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Favorite Artists!!

Post by Diablo »

To name just a few :
Alan Davis, Chris Bachalo, Travis Charest, Mike Mignola, Erik Larsen, Bryan Hitch, Salvador Larroca, Dave Cockrum and, yes, Darick Robertson. I must also admit I'm quite impressed with Billy Tan's art.

My favorite one ? Perhap's Travis Charest. I'd just like to see just ONE new comic book by him. :X
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Favorite Artists!!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I can't just pick one...
Alan Davis, Marc Silvestri, Chris Bachalo, Salvador Larroca, Dave Cockrum, Darick Robertson.

Alan Davis: I love his use of smooth flowing lines and the amount of emotion and feeling that comes trhiugh his work.

Marc Silvestri: Totally crazy with a pencil, and my idol! Sooo much detail...

Chris Bachalo: I love the 'modern' sort of style he has, it reminds me of cubism a little, also you always find something new each time you look at his work.

Salvador Larroca: Just plain B-E-UTIFUL!

Dave Cockrum:...How can you not? Lots of emotion and movement, classic, and classy.

Darick Robertson: Draws a great NC, his use of line weight and detail work together in unison to create perfection, and the guy's damn cool!

I'm sure i missed alot of faves, but these are the ones to come to mind first.

BTW, i think there was a favorite artist thread....from ages ago, buried in digital dust...because this seems vaguely familiar to me..hmmm... *goes off looking for it*
one name: Bruce Campbell
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Favorite Artists!!

Post by Bamfette »

Chris Bachalo, Alan Davis, Travis Charest, Darick Robertson, Clayton Henry, Humberto Ramos, Sean Phillips (not slick and pretty, but he tells a story like no one else, flawless storytelling) Michael Zulli (did, among other things, but this will probably be the best known, the final issues of Sandman. gorgeous.), Mark Buckingham (Fables, he has a way with creative panel layout, and other nice little touches... He also paid homage to one of my favorite non comic artists, Ivan Bilibin, in an issue of Fables during the 'Homelands' arc, which I liked)

I know I'm missing someone... or twelve...

[Edited on 7/10/06 by Bamfette]
cockrumFANrick
Lubber
Lubber

Favorite Artists!!

Post by cockrumFANrick »

DAVE COCKRUM is #1 for my 1970's ERA
as well as:
Neal Adams
Barry Windsor Smith
Walt Simonson

From the 1960's I like: