Authority: Revolution

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

My latest review ^_^

I submit that this is the very best superhero comic on the markets today. X-fans, DC fans, people who haven't read comics in years... I've yet to hear any negative responses. So what do you guys think? And how screwed is the Authority at the end of the last issue?
Jeremys Iron
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jeremys Iron »

Nice review, well done.

Originally posted by Winged Outlaw
I submit that this is the very best superhero comic on the markets today. X-fans, DC fans, people who haven't read comics in years... I've yet to hear any negative responses. So what do you guys think?
I think that it is an excellently executed comic but it is hardly the best superhero comic on the market today. To me, it is well paced, great dialogue, and beautiful (if sometimes lacking in emotion or detail) art but the story has an extremely been there done that feel to it. To me there has been nothing new or original here, just a collection of overused plot devices (i.e. fixing a future gone wrong, group falling apart, return of long thought dead adversary, etc.).

However I do expect to be surprised and entertained in the final two issues because I trust in Brubaker's skills; so I think (and hope) that all the loose end will be tied up in some unexpected ways.

As for what's been better in superhero comics (that I've been reading) while A:R has been coming out, well I'd definitely say the following titles have been better:

Astonishing X-Men
Ex Machina
Runaways
Sleeper Season 2
Seven Soldiers: Guardian
Seven Soldiers: Zatanna
Supreme Power
Ultimates 2
Ultimate X-Men

And the following are around the same level if not a little bit better:

Fantastic Four
JLA: Classified
New Avengers
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimate Spider-man
Wolverine

But then that's just my opinion I might be wrong.
Originally posted by Winged Outlaw And how screwed is the Authority at the end of the last issue?
Not nearly as screwed as they were when Ellis & Hitch, and Millar & Quitely left. But as both situations proved they managed to find other excellent creative teams to take over the property (it just took a little more time after the second team left ;) ).
Are You on the Global Frequency?

Spider: You see, Channon, it's the duty of journalists to strike fear into the hearts of criminals.
Channon: With your meat gun?
Spider: Or your attack womb.
Channon: Or your illegal bowel disruptor.
Spider: Whatever...
-Transmetropolitan #4

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas -- Where There is Doubt, There is Freedom
Clarisa_heart
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Clarisa_heart »

Dude I love your pacman icon, it kicks ass!:gir
Respect my authorita, cuz I'm Clarisa, BITCH!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Hmm.. sounds very very interesting.
of is it order-able from somewhere or can i download it from somewhere?

btw. where did you see pacman icon?
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Winged Outlaw
Banned
Awwwwwww. Is there an interesting story, or did he just wear out his welcome?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir