Justice League Unlimited / Teen Titans

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Wow, is it just me or have these two cartoon series been kicking complete @ss lately?
Man, last nights new episodes of TEEN TITANS, BATMAN and JLU on the CARTOON NETWORK were incredible!

* I was a big fan of the classic MARV WOLFAM/ GEORGE PEREZ comic run on NEW TEEN TITANS and it is an absolute joy for me to see their storylines brought to life on the hit cartoon series! Re: this weeks new episode....? WOW!
The campy/hilarious "Mother may I" episode before the awesome "Trigon" one had me almost crying I was laughing so hard! Cant get enough of TEEN TITANS right now. :)

* It's taken me a while but i'm finally starting to warm up on the new animated take on BATMAN. Last night they put a really cool/tragic spin on the classic bat-villain CLAYFACE.
Good Stuff!

* This season's storyline on the awesomely written JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED is nothing short of amazing. The intruige...the drama...the tension...wow! Quite often as i'm looking at it i'll forget i'm watching a cartoon. Some of these episodes just arent kid stuff. It plays like a serious SCI FI drama with elements of the X-FILES, (the new) BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA or even an episode of ER or N.Y.P.D. blues (But with Super Heroes!) It also does a great job of juggling its huge ensemble cast of characters. I will admit though that it may be an acquired taste if youre not already a big fan of DC and some of it's lesser known characters. Characters like say the HUNTRESS, BLACK CANARY, VIXEN or the incredibly well done QUESTION who's sorta like an extreme, pulp-superhero version of AGENT MULDER on the show... lol!
The way last night's story ended I cannot wait for next week's episode!!!

Makes me kinda sad that MARVEL doesnt currently have an animated series of this quality/caliber on right now.

I really miss X-MEN: EVOLUTION!

BAMF!
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

I enjoy all those shows, but I can't usually catch them.

Funny about missing Evolution and praising those shows at the same time, however. Warner Bros. owns the rights to the licensing of pretty much all of DC (at least cartoon/movie/tv-show) and characters. The WB only cancelled Evolution because Teen Titans was in the works, or so I've heard.

Of course, I could be wrong.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by idsunki
The WB only cancelled Evolution because Teen Titans was in the works, or so I've heard.
Oh wow, I cant believe i'd never thought of that!! What with Warner Bros. being the parent company of DC comics it actually makes perfect sense.
In light of how successful most of Marvel's recent movie projects have been, it would seem logical that WB would focus it's energy on DC comic's properties.

Apparently Evo's loss is Teen Titans gain....:(

BAMF!
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I'm a big fan of JLU- and the Cadmus plot is very enjoyable.

Not a big fan of "The Batman"- the Mr. Freeze episode just killed it for me. They took a well developed character, stripped him of his pathos, and turned him into little more tahn a super-powered Jewel thief. Plus, there's what it's doing to JLU- Batman villains and supporting characters (Robin is out because of Titans...) cannot be used because of Warner Bros. phobia of cross promotion. There's even rumors going around that Batman may be kicked out of the League to avoid having two Animated Batman shows.

I honestly don't see why three shows that obviously take place in very different universes can't share characters. It's not like it causes any continuity messes.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
There's even rumors going around that Batman may be kicked out of the League to avoid having two Animated Batman shows.
Oh man that would royally suck!! I'd almost rather see him stay in JLU and scartch the new Bats show, as every episode he's involved with in JLU has been an absolute joy. (In particular all of his interactions with GABRIELLE WALLER!)
I've been really slow to warm up to the new BATMAN show. While an almost shocking contrast from DINI's classic (and excellent) BATMAN:T.A.S I think Visually the show is pretty awesome. (Not surprising considering former fan fave comic artist JEFF MATSUDA's heavily involved with the production.) But i'm having a hard time digesting the re-working of the classic Batvillians. Your Mr. Freeze observation is a perfect example!
I honestly don't see why three shows that obviously take place in very different universes can't share characters. It's not like it causes any continuity messes.
DITTO! If BATMAN ever made a guest appearance on TEEN TITANS....:eek!!! If done well my inner fanboy is screaming in virtual delight at how mind-numbingly COOL that would be!! The closet I ever remember them even acknowledging Bats was during the awesome "The Quest" episode where ROBIN leaves to find and train under the "True Master". His "I've trained with the best." statement at the beginning had the Batfanatic inside me smiling from ear-to-ear :D

And of course the fact that almost everything about Robin's personality and character on the show just screams "BABY-BATMAN". LOL!

BAMF!