Need opinions on my soon to be published book

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
codazen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by codazen »

Hi all,
Greg Robinson creator of Underlords a comic to be released in January. I would like opinions on some cheap ways to gain some exposure. I have done some advertising, called shop all over the US and sent out poster with intro letters and emails. I have had a few online interviews and reviews written about the project as well. Any other idea are welcomed.
Thanks a lot guys!
My Site
Page example
Interview
JUSTOOGOOD
Lubber
Lubber

JUSTOOSILLY?

Post by JUSTOOGOOD »

You could get some costumes made up in the likenesses of your chara.'s and hire someone to do something cra-a-a-zy in public (whilst wearing the costumes obviously) which will gain media coverage, BINGO, cheap advertisements.

Good luck by the way...
I'm the best there is at what I do...
...no wait,
...that's someone else.

*ANYTHING STATED IN THE ABOVE POST IS MERELY THE OPINION OF MYSELF: UNLESS SUPPORTED BY FACTS/SOURCES ETC*
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I'd do it for a little pocket cash ... but only if the costume is insulated. It's cold up here now.

Getting store owners to advertise for it is the best I can think of ... cuz then the advertisement's right in the place where everyone likely to be interested will see it. And the store owners get something out of it too, if more people buy the comic.

OOH! Maybe you can print up little flyer-notes and send them to comic shops to stick in with every purchase. That's how my fav store does it.

And the pages look great! I'll keep an eye out for this!
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics