I need some feedback please.

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
JUSTOOGOOD
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JUSTOOGOOD »

I am a final year Graphic Design (Illustration) BA student and for my final 'major negotiated project' I am looking into creating a female comic character (and a storyline) based on what women (non-readers and fans alike) actually want to see, with the aim of encouraging more ladys to take comics seriously.

Heres where you guys/gals come in...:D

1) Who is your favourite female character in comics?

2) Who is your favourite female character from other mediums i.e. films, games,? (pls don't answer same as above unless absolutely necessary...)

3) What are your favourite aspects of these characters designs?

4) What would you like to change about these characters if it were up to you?

5) Do you feel that women are fairly represented in comics at present?

6) Do you feel that women are generally treated more fairly in other mediums?

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Mike.
I'm the best there is at what I do...
...no wait,
...that's someone else.

*ANYTHING STATED IN THE ABOVE POST IS MERELY THE OPINION OF MYSELF: UNLESS SUPPORTED BY FACTS/SOURCES ETC*
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

GREETINGS and SALUTATIONS!
O.K. i'll jump in and take a swing at this...
Originally posted by JUSTOOGOOD

Wow, i've never really given too much thought to this. Hmmmmn..I guess it would be the BLACK CANARY over at D.C. (I've had a crush on her since I was a wee lad..dont ask!) Favorite Marvel female characters? I guess the SHE-HULK and KITTY PRYDE.

2) Who is your favourite female character from other mediums i.e. films, games,? (pls don't answer same as above unless absolutely necessary...)

Modern times I guess it would be TRINITY from the MATRIX movies. From old re-runs of the classic T.V. series the AVENGERS (Not the comic book :P ) i've always had a soft spot for EMMA PEEL.

Hmmmn....their take-charge demeanors and their ability to kick A@@!

Hmmm..I dont think i'd change anything because I got hooked on em for who they were.

To some degree..

Wow...in some ways yes and in some ways no I guess...

Mike.

My pleasure!

:)

B A M F !
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Hmm ... let us see ...

Right now, I'd have to say Rachel, from Uncanny X-Men. She's such an uber-powerful yet impetuous child. She just strikes me as having more of a real, human mentality.

Lessee, there's Jenn from Primal (she's just a kick-ass rocker chick); also Sangaril from Summoner 2 (cuz she's blue!); Anna Valerius from Van Helsing (man, she could pack alotta weaponry into that outfit of hers ...); and Sydney Fox from Relic Hunter (because I wanna be an archaeologist just like her)

Hmm ... I'd love to say "because they're not exploited physically" ... but let's face it, they are (maybe not Rachel so much as the others). I just like the fact that they're strong, smart women who, despite their obvious sexuality, don't moon over useless things and are capable of getting a job done. Like to them, there are more important things in life than say, just guys and waistlines. But at the same time, they acknowledge these things like any human being would.

In Rachel's case, it's her emotional side. We get these serene, high-up-on-power super-heroine types who seem one step removed from the common state of mind. It's nice to have a character who values petty revenge, cheap tricks and emotional outbursts.

Personally, I'd make them a bit less of eye candy. I don't deny that whether guy or girl, it's nice to look at beautiful people, but I prefer practicality over flashiness. I mean, could Anna seriously fight off vamps and werewolves in that corset? Be real.

This opinion, by the way, isn't just reserved for women. I'm a young, straight female. I like looking at attractive men, no denying that, probably at least as much as any man likes looking at attractive women. But If there's no real reason to have half one's clothes off, particularly in the middle of a close-contact fight, then really, why should you? Unless you want to show good body/muscle structure in the art and whatnot, a needless sexual display just distracts from all the other carefully planned aspects of the movie or comic.

Unless there's comical effect involved. Comical effect is always good.
** remembers scene in Excalibur with Kylun fighting Nighty in the bathroom **

I have no complaints. Sometimes, I'll admit, some of the women portrayed make me want to snort in disgust, but this happens rarely and there is a certain comic value in resorting to stereotypes every once in while, as long as it's not taken too far. Every artist/writer has their own way of portraying female characters, and what is "okay" or "too much" in my humble opinion is probably different in someone else's.

While comics and film have a long history of exploiting women, I don't think it's exclusive anymore. Maybe in fine art you'll find a lack of busty, spandex-clad supermodels ... a factor of art is to show imperfections as well, while in comics our superheroes are just that: super, males and females alike. No, I don't really believe that you can go to any medium and not find at least SOME example of this, and I for one, am not willing to hit the roof over it.

I hope these answers aren't a little TOO much info ... only glad to help.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I am a final year Graphic Design (Illustration) BA student and for my final 'major negotiated project' I am looking into creating a female comic character (and a storyline) based on what women (non-readers and fans alike) actually want to see, with the aim of encouraging more ladys to take comics seriously.

My favorite female has to be Phoenix(Jean Grey), or Rogue.

Alice from the Resident Evil films is pretty kick-ass, and hot on top of that. Also, Mara Aramov from Syphon Filter is good too(She's been killed in every game)

The fact that they don't need anyone's help and that they could take care of an opponent alone

Nothing much, I'd rather leave them as they are

Yes, now woman characters are more powerful than many men.

Now they do, but way back when, they were treated as counterparts such as Batgirl and Supergirl.

Mike.
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Sure, I'll help!

Well, for Marvel, it's Callisto, hands down, but at DC, it's a 3-way tie between Raven from Teen Titans and Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy from Batman.
Well, I'm quite fond of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Cover Girl from the old GI Joe series. I also like Lydia from Beetlejuice, and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Well, Buffy kicks butt. She's got that finesse that I really like. Callisto has that je ne sais quoi that makes me shiver everytime I read something with her in it. She's a role model for me, sorta. With some exceptions (see Buffy), I really dislike heroines who are perfect, look-wise or personality-wise. They just make me want to strangle them. I like my heroines outcasts, dark, tormented inside, lonely, without supermodel looks. Basically, like me :D
Well, I'd give Callisto a lasting relationship. The girl needs someone who'll love her and be there for her. I'd have Buffy not look so perfect, I'd have Cover Girl end up with Low Light, and I'd keep Lydia and Sally the way they are.
What's up with all the super-tight costumes? And eye-poking boobs? Do they have to be so freaking thin? What about heroines with body shapes NOT inspired by Barbies/anorexics/Pamela Anderson?
Eh, comics have more of an emotional range. I REALLY don't like the way women are being portrayed in films, especially the action-y type ones. I like Law & Order: SVU, though. And I hate teen-y gossip-y shows. They make me retch. Daria is a good show. Books-wise, I think Tamora Pierce and Meg Cabot are the best female-portrayal writers around. SONG OF THE LIONESS RULES! Abolish the double standard in writing/films!

Mike.
Welcome!
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
codazen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by codazen »

1. Phoenix – Jean Gray There is so much depth and internal struggle in this character that also happens to be one of the first Marvel female characters.
2. I like Sydney from Alias. Granted, it has a lot to do with the fact that Jennifer Garner is too hot for words. But that is a well written and directed action show with a powerful lead female.
3. Covered that mostly but I’ll add: Phoenix is a match for male super hero character on any level except for humor. She is just not written that way. I am a big James Bond fan and the Sydney character has always been the closest thing to a Miss Bond out there, just with better legs.
4. Not much. I would like to see Phoenix alive more. She really deserved her own series before she was killed off the first time. That would be a great chance to view the comic world from the female perspective for a change. And Sydney as a character is always changing or rather her environment is always in flux. I would like to see even a small element that is consistent in her life besides change. Maybe a habit or a pet fish, something.
5. Of course not. How many huge breasted scantly clad vixens do you know. They are what the male creators make them in the bounds of a fantasy environment. I will quantify this by saying this is what is seen in mainstream comics. Indy books are another story but of course much less prevalent.
6. Depend on the medium. As a general rule I’d say comics are in line with other mediums with the pretrial of women. Maybe even a little kinder considering the traditional restrictions (self or industry imposed) that are inherent in comics aimded at a 15-30 age group.
JUSTOOGOOD
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JUSTOOGOOD »

Hi thanks again to those of you who replied...

Iwas just wondering if you lovely helpful, people would tell me what your gender was...

it's entirely optional...
...no wait,
...that's someone else.

*ANYTHING STATED IN THE ABOVE POST IS MERELY THE OPINION OF MYSELF: UNLESS SUPPORTED BY FACTS/SOURCES ETC*
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags
OK... I pushed the little quote button and everything went weird... so I'll do it this way...LOL...
For your reference, I am Paty Cockrum... very OLD broad... been reading comics longer than you've been alive, kiddo... and probably longer than your mom has been alive, too...since I have been reading for approximately close to fifty six years now. And, as everyone here at Nightscrawlers knows, I am very opinionated... having worked eight years onstaff at Marvel where I met and married Dave... the creator of Nightcrawler and more Marvel characters than they are willing to admit.
So here goes...

1. Fave female comic character:
Well...my alter ego has always been the Scarlet Witch over at Marvel... in spite of the crap they have done with her and her wimpy attitude as written by boys.PTUI! I also liked sara Pezzini over in Top Cow's Witchblade...when it started and Christina Z was helping script it and it had something in it to interest female readers. But I gotta tell you I am gritting my teeth at both these gals ... and every other gaoddam female... having their freakin bellybuttons hanging out in battle! It's revolting! do guys have their bellybuttons hanging out in battle? or bare, sexy legs? gimme a break! No female superdoop in her right mind would wear the costumes and even the mufti that these boyos dream up for them!High heels, fer chrissake! bare midriffs and bare legs and unprotected bosoms!cheez Mareez! They're askin to be sliced and diced! OY!

2 Heroines in other media...
Hmmm... Ridley in the Alien movies...cuz she's tough, a survivor and does what is needed to get the job done. she can use her muscles as well as her brain... she takes no shit and gives none...she ain't in the shit business... but she stands tall as a strong female warrior who bows to no preconcieved male notion of what a female is or is capable of. I know guys who were livid that she was the only survivor of the first movie...
And... Anita Blake of the Anitq Blake,Vampire Hunter series...great books by Laurell K. Hamilton which star a fiesty little Vampire hunter/executioner and the crazy life she lives whit her werefriends, zombies and vampire lovers. It's a must read for anyone who likes fiesty female heroines. start with the first book...guilty Pleasures... and read them in order...each is a story in itself...but the timeline is important in the development of the characters.

3. Fave assets of the character's designs...
Now I am not sure here whether you mean psychological or visual. All the females are visually attractive ... each in a different way...so we will go for emotional. Each one of the characters is a strong woman deep inside...or could be if written correctly. Drawn? well...it's a tits and ass industry that doesn't want female creators... and I say that as an observer from the inside. The females in comics are written by males who don't have a clue and are aftraid unto death of strong females...all the while being strongly drawn to them. there are a few writers who write good women characters...like Claremont...who likes strong women in real life. but damn few who understand women and can see them as anything but sluts and bimbos.
A storng female character, as I said above, uses her brain, as well as her body to get the job done. Women warriors are stronger than men would like to give us credit for...I,myself have been a firefighter for sixteen years with a volunteer company in NY state and have carried my share of the load and rolled hose with the best of them! we ain't wimps, guys! A strong woman is a survivor and woe betide you if youget on her shit list. We forgive a lot more than most men and are not as easilly offended...but when you step over the line...your ass is grass and a strong woman is a veritable lawnmower. And if written correctly, that's what a good female character should be...tough, pragmatic and full of a deadly sense of humor and satire just to mellow her out and not make her a bitch on wheels.

4. what would I like to change?
the Anita Blake books are written by a woman... Laurell knows what she is doing in a way that very few male writers can ever hope to understand about female characters. I know that sounds female chauvinistic...but it is unfortunately true. Not unfortunately for Laurell,of course... but unfortunately for all those poor male comic writers out there who haven't a clue...and don't care one whit. Anita needs no changes.
Comic ladies need to get a sense of real fashion and stop looking like Brittany Spears en masse! I mean every one from a superdoop to a freakin NYC Police DETECTIVE for chrissakes! nekkid bellybuttons!!! You think the NYC Police department is gonna let a freakin DETECTIVE wear that kind of shit? gimme a break! There is a dress code of sorts, guys... and bare bellybuttons isNOT it! Especially in NYC winters! I mean... heavy leather coats and nekkid bellybuttons!!! Gimme a goddamn flippin break! the costuming sucks! asI said above...no sense except sex is allowed to the female costume depatment...at all!At least Catwoman over at DC doesn't have a nekkid bellybutton..does she? or WW? But every goddam marvel woman does...which says something there, doesn't it? Change? Get real with the costumes guys? These are supposed tobe women warriors...no heels, nekkid flesh or stupid but sexy accoutriments...like long, grabbable locks sticking out of the back of a perfectly protective headgear..just cuz long hair is sexy! And quit making the damn women such wimps! None of them can control their powers! I think the Scarlet Witch is the worst..especially in light of the debacle that is Avengers Assembled...but that's Marvel and it's attitude towards women..helpless, victims and sex kittens. OOg... And fer godsake, don't make every single one of them look like elsie the freakin cow! There's enough brest tissue there to create your own dairy empire! I'm not even touchin' the psychological shit here... just the superficial! the art and behavior! the psychological stuff gets much trickier and more horribly screwed up...cuz everyone who is honest knows that women know more about men than men will ever know about women. So why are males writing female characters ... almost exclusively!?! I mean... even books supposedly aimed at females ABOUT female characters...written and drawn by males! And don't tell me there are no female writers and artists out here...the fan forums will show the lie of that little ploy right away. There are better female writers doing fan fiction than there are male writers writing supposedly professional comics. And the female characterizations in comics only underscore this sad lack of viable talent.

5. Are females fairly represented?
Ha! Are you outta your gourd? Fairly represented? fifty percent bimbo/slut...fifty percent gvictim or bitch/dominatrix...yeah...that about takes in the whole of the female population, doesn't it? See above! Especially with regard to comics ... which is a boy industry for boys by bous and I do mean BOYS! the general tone ...any more...especially from Marvel ... is pud pulling drooling juvenile sex fantasy at it's worst.
In other media...movies, serious literature, tv..etc... there is a better range of characterization...cuz you have female audience...with all it's power and wealth looking and judging. And buying or boycotting as they like what they see or don't see. And the producers of these mediums know it and cater to the tastes and feelings and desires of the female consumer.
The comics medium is still aimed at teenage boys! And they want to keep it that way! they , to keep their boys club, are ignoring the whole female population who READ!!! and would read superdoop comics if there was anything to identify with! But to get this audience, the comics industry wouldhave to bring in female talent...and they steadfastly across the boards refuse to do this. Sure, once in a while yousee a female name...sometimes in editorial or coloring...onece in a great while as an artist or writer...and then...they go away. why? cuz they are either badgered to death...like Jo Duffy...a great female writer... or the male they were connected to and who got them work moved on or found a new "girlfriend". Or they wouldn't "be nice" to the right male. And yes, that IS the truth. that's the comics industry ...where women are concerned...and it is mirrored in the the books and the way females are portrayed in them. As eye candy, Tand A fantasy elements, sluts and whores or victims. Damn few strong women who don't take shit.

6. Women treated fairly in other mediums?
Heh... see above. Yes, they are to a great degree...and, as I said, it is because there is a huge female audience that the comics simply will not admit or allow to exist for comic books. and that is such a lie that it boggles the mind. there's a whole, deep well of revenue out there if the comics industry would grow up and come out of it's little pud puller treehouse and realize it and acknowledge it. ...and go after it!!! But that would mean they would have to compete with female artists and writers... and they are deathly araid of that...cuz they...for the most part, anymore... aren't as good as the females waiting not so patiently in the wings... and they know it!

OK, kiddo...does that help any? As I said, I am opinionated and knowledgeable cuz I witnessed a lot of shit firsthand in my eight years on staff at Marvel. I do not speak for DC, which, I think has a firmer grasp on reality than Marvel...but I do speak knowledgeably about Marvel. It hasn't changed since I worked there over twenty years ago. If anything, it has gotten worse. But I notice that there are not any pre eminent creators...artists and/or writers... in the comics field at the top companies, even today. Occasionally one or two sneak in...once in a while. But the general rule is no females. ..across the board. It's not right! The genre would be improved and would grow if there wer females in prominent roles as creators... but it hasnn't happened in the twenty years since I formally left comics professionalism...and I fear the comics industry would rather implode and vanish before these juveniles would ever consider sharing the clubhouse with a girl.
Now, I know you were asking about characters and I sorta segued into why the characters...the female characters...ring so flase as a general rule...and why they fail as strong women characters. It's not that there aren't guys that CAN write strong women characters...ther are...Claremont is one of them, for exampe...but there aren't many and they have to run the gauntlet of the male chauvenists...and right now the hustler crew are winning! so lotsa luck on promoting or creating a strong female character...just watch out for the bellybutton trap!

It's just too bad. the last female creator to grace Wizard's top ten artists and writers was Christina Z for her stint on Witchblade...and the book has devolved into Tand A comix since she left. And if memory serves, she was the only female creator to ever appear on that rarified list. total drek slingers like Morrison have claimed spots...but the lack of talented females shows most esspecially here. why none? You tell me. and one wonders why women don't want to read comics. the wonder is that there are a lot of us that still do...in SPITE of our characterization at the hands of idiiots. the proof of the pudding is that in his seventeen plus year stint on the X Men, chris Claremont brought more female readers to the comics industry than all the other writers combined.he wrote strong women that female readers could identify with and they came in droves...and are, since he left in the early nineties, hanging on by their gritted teeth. Now, Claremont has returned and , hopefully, there will once again be some female characters worth reading...maybe... keep your fingers crossed... claremont stillhas to fight the bimbo slingers that are a majority at Marvel...and any help for strong women characters would be appreciated! Carry on, kiddo!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Paty: Hear, hear!

JustTooGood: Please forgive me for not answering point by point. The subject is quite dear to me so I’ll just rave on but should cover everything.
A few years back I started a collection of ‘strong women in fiction’. This started with a few stickers of the Wicked Queen in ”Snow White”, which started to worry people. Why the Wicked Queen? It worried me too. Before the sixties, from the Wicked Queen to Lucy in Peanuts, ‘strong’ usually meant ‘evil’. So there are quite a few ‘bad’ girls who made the cut. Snow White didn’t. Charming as she was, she was weak and dumb.
Who’s in front of me as I type? Queen Amidala, Princess Leia, Lisa Simpson, Mulan, nurse Chapel…ah, there’s a comics character : Grandma Ben from « Bone »…I really should get a Buffy…

There was an animation series called “Mummies Alive” which had a female character (part of a team) called “Nefer-Tina” that I wanted to add to the collection. A series of action figures came out and when I tried to find “Nefer-Tina” there was none! When I enquired I learned that toys company have a policy to AVOID making female characters because they had less “toyability”. You look around and realize it’s true. Even those weird FisherPrice-like Marvel “chunkies” have Storm in the illustrations but not the toys. They have cute cuddly Wolverine with rounded claws though!
That will be your first hurdle: even if you make the perfect female character, will it be promoted?
If you want to attract your audience make sure that marketing will follow you.

One who definitely was ‘in’ was “The Dragon Lady” from “Terry and the Pirates”. She was intelligent, scheming, ruthless…and always dressed to the nines. A leader. So evil, of course.

I’ve been trying to remember a favourite female super-hero for you. I loved Storm way back when, but I’m afraid most of the female characters I liked are from French comics (where the market is not so polarized but that’s a rant for another day).

When I mostly stopped buying comics in the early nineties the only series I stayed faithful to was “Love and Rockets”. The characters each have a fully developed personality, back history, quirks and flaws, and most of them are women.
But I think that your research aims toward the ‘super-hero’ genre. Here’s the thing: other comics are for everybody, there’s one for every taste and the same is true of super-hero comics of course. But among the ‘super-hero’ readers there’s a group of readers who are, how shall I put this, mouth-breathers.
Check out the ‘new’ Sheena. The author was very happy to say in an interview that he had to get rid of all that ‘feminisim’ to make her more interesting...with the original idea of turning her into an escaping supersoldier experiment!
Yeah, I feel really welcome when I read that. Intellectually challenged too.

At the same time the most realistic and sympathetic female super-hero character I ever saw is kicking serious butt at the box-office. I am talking of course of “Elastigirl” from “The Incredibles”. But she’s not my favourite. My fave is Edna Mode, the dwarfish designer from the same movie. She’s strong! She’s stylish! She’s in complete control!

It’s one step forward two steps back as far as portrayal is concerned. Whenever a strong female character appears she is usually ignored or downplayed in the sequels. Ridley is an exception. For example, I loved “Blade” because of the Doctor character who saves his life and searches for a cure in the first movie and is never mentioned again in the sequels. The good thing is that the characters are out there.

It’s not a question of how the character looks or what her powers are going to be. It’s a question of how ‘real’ you can make her as opposed to ‘cliché’.
Your challenge is not so much how to please a female audience; it’s how to please a female audience without drawing the derision of the boys’ club.
My advice is to invent a personality as real as you can make it, someone you would like to meet, and worry about adding ovaries after. As for costume advice, just remember: WWPD (What Would Paty Do?)
:bamf
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I'll take a shot at it. :x

Probably Kitty, Storm, or (to a lesser extent) Kitty.

Probably Trinity in the Matrix trilogy; can't think of another but trust me, I'm quite tired. I like Maureen Johnson and most other female characters in Heinlein's books a lot.

I think it's their independent mindset, the nonconformity, the release of dependence on a man.

I can't think of much.

I think they are more than other mediums; there's probably room for improvement.

Like I said, pretty much.

Mike.
Male. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

OK, so I forgot: female I suppose...
Oh and another thing I forgot; I DID have a favourite comics female character:
Chance from "Leave it to Chance". My kids (all boys) love her too.;)

Home of Lil' Kurt
JUSTOOGOOD
Lubber
Lubber

thanx so much guys/gals

Post by JUSTOOGOOD »

Shadowscrawl: I am not onlyinterested in creating a superheroine, I think anything that I create will probably be merely a pale imitation of what has gone before anyway if I were to try and do that, and my tutors have suggested that I look into having a story that raises awareness or deals with a topic such as domestic violence or teenage pregnancy. I'm not sure how a superheroine would fit into this type of thing. so it does seem like I will be trying to create a very believable human character as you said.

Thanks for the info. the part about female action figures is very interesting and will be useful for inclusion in my essay on the portrayal of female stereotypes. Also I had never noticed that.

There is plenty for me to be researching in all of the replies I can't thank those who replied enough. So thanks one and all.

p.s. Shadowscrawl: by mouth-breathers do you mean heavy-breathers? Or do you mean Tim-nice-but-dims?
...no wait,
...that's someone else.

Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Sounds exciting. I hope that you will keep us updated on your progress!
"Tim-nice-but-dim", that's what it is. I didn't know that one.:LOL

Home of Lil' Kurt
JUSTOOGOOD
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JUSTOOGOOD »

Oy yeah! Six months ago I'd never posted on a forum before and now I'm hooked, I intend to use them to get feedback from actual comic fans, as well as going to shops and such-like. So from time to time I will be dropping off some images for your perusal or story ideas for criticism.

This is by no means the end...:bamf
...no wait,
...that's someone else.

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
You go! Kiddo! Of the forums that exist, or at least the ones I have visited or heard of, Nightscrawlers is by far the friendliest and most fun to fisit and ask questions.
for the most part, we have a very good exchange of ideas here...possibly because a number of us are long time readers of comics. this doesn't cast aspersions on newcomers to the genre, of course. Newcomers bring a new point of view to the world us oldtimers know inside out and round about. there is a wealth of information and opinions in forums like this ...sepecially for young people just getting into the genre. Sorta like sliding into a wormhole and coming out in the mad hatter's library of comics information. LOL
Just remember, (to paraphrase the Joker...) "we may be mad but we're not crazy!" heheheheheheee...hope our insights and rants helped!

Good luck on your project and let us know what you come up with!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto