Who Here's With Me? She's Hidden in Darkness Too Long!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Who else here thinks Callisto should at least get featured more often, if not get her own series? Come on, I know I'm not the only Morlock-lover out there! I really think she and the other Morlocks should get more recognition! I mean, what they're doing with her in Excalibur is great, yeah, it's fantastic, but I want more! She's such an amazing character, why not use her more? Give us some backstory! Who else agrees with me?
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

When I first saw her I thought she was a major B**** but in Excalibur they have shown her to be much more of a person. I also half to admit that she looks so much cooler with hose weird green tentacle arm things.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Dezzy Dragon
I also half to admit that she looks so much cooler with hose weird green tentacle arm things.
Gaaah what? :X
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Originally posted by Dezzy Dragon
When I first saw her I thought she was a major B****

You did? :shocked Wow....when I first saw her, I identified with her. I thought she was just a misunderstood shero, trying to good, and doing something amazing, but being looked down on by the 'better ones' just because she was trying to carve her own niche in 'their' world.

Looks like we have two different perspectives, DD. I'd be interested in hearing why you thought that, actually.

RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Looks like I'm the only one who thinks this. :( Why? To quote someone: "Not a lot of people like the Morlocks." Well, not a lot of people like me. And so what? The time where the outcasts are ignored is OVER! I'm writing Marvel and asking them to give Callisto and the Morlocks the respect they deserve, and who knows, they might just listen! I don't care what you say, Steve, I have a chance! *puts hands on hips*

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

I think you're taking this on a very personal way, he just told you how things works, he has nothing personal against you.
He just explained how Marvel works, all he said was that Marvel tend to release books that they know will make money... because that's what companies do... they go for money $$.. big deal.
If you're going to write Marvel, i wish you the best luck, honestly, it will be a miracle if they answer you back, but please stop taking things on a personal way.
Thanks.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I remember when not many people liked Nightcrawler. Those were the days.

Just watch, RavEnigma. The Morlocks will become superstars and everyone will love them. And then the mystery and rejection that originally drew you to them in the first place will be gone. Gone! *shakes fist*

And then the mainstreaminisation begins. HORRORS. In the event of the total assimilating popularity you think you want, I predict they make Callisto a nun to try and make her more "acceptable" and "less scary" to children.

And then the fanfic will come. Piles and piles of fanfic. But it will all be lousy and uninspiring drivel about her vows of chastity, and how she hates herself for not fitting the Christian ideal.

$@%&*$*%&@!!!!

Okay, done projecting now. :)
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Drastic Spastic, you are seriously funny. Personally, I want Marvel to make Callisto a leader. She did really well with the Morlocks, why not give her a chance with another group? And I think the letter will get answered....I'm pretty good at playing up the self-esteem-challenged-teenage-girl angle, especially when I say how much Callisto inspires me and how thankful I am to Marvel for giving me such a role model. Stuff like that always works.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Don't say I didn't warn you. :toothy
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

The first time I saw Callisto was when she was ripping Angles wing feathers off. Then the next thing I see her do is try to force Kitty into marriage against her will. I think that was why I didn’t quite care for her at first. But now she is a much different character.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

It's true a lot of people didn't like Nightcrawler first. And you know what Drastic Spastic ?? They still don't !
Stupid audience... :evil

Regarding Callisto, I only began to like her when she had this relationship with Piotr Rasputin at the end of the eighties.
I'm glad she's a part of Xavier's crew in Excalibur. And I love her new arms !! She's the only one crazy enough to accept this mutation with a laugh. :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Yeah, I completely agree, Diablo. That's one reason I like her so much...she has a twisted sense of humor, like me (on a driver's ed quiz, when asked 'There's an animal in the middle of the road. What do you do?', I answered: If it's dead, run over it. If not, swerve and hope it doesn't move.' I have some commonalities with Callisto, which is one factor in why she's my favorite non-X-Team X-Men character. Ex: We both have vision problems (I'm nearsighted, plus I get ocular migranes), we both have bad luck with guys, we both have a tendency to hold grudges, and we both are outcasts. Plus, she just looks cool.

RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny

Part of Callisto's appeal for me is that she's so tough and independent - she doesn't radiate "Love me, love me, love me".
Yeah...I totally agree. Though I would like to see her fixed up with someone...a LASTING relationship, not like the short little romance she had with Piotr. She deserves it.