CrossGen comics going into bankruptcy

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Winnowill »

They did Sojourn, etc. Mostly medieval heroines, trolls, etc. They are a local company that tried to recreate the "bullpen" atmosphere where people got paid a weekly salary instead of turning things over to freelancers. Don't know if anyone is familar with them or not.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

oh, quite familiar with them... i didn't read anything of thiers except El Cazador (now canceled, ah well) but you know, frankly, as an artist, i think the whole bullpen thing was a poor idea. tho it obvioulsy worked for some. but me, i like to be able to work whenever i damn well please. i want to work at 3am? fine, i can. that's one of the appealing things about becoming an artist. that, and i can live here in Canada and owrk for people in the States.

but that's not why they went bankrupt... I've heard many stories, mostly dealing with shoddy management and trying to expand too fast out of some kind of desire to crush the competition, go head to head wiht DC and Marvel right out of the gate. when they were really in no position to do any such thing. at least not so soon.