A smooth idea for a story

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

A smooth idea for a story

Post by SmoothBamf »

So here's my idea for a Batman/Wolverine story optimumly written by Jeff Loeb and drawn by Jim Lee. It would be a 12 issue limited series, in a perfect world. So, if any of you writers out there would like to flesh out my outline, feel free.
Now, without any further ado, here's my outline.
The story starts in Mardipoor. Logan's down there doing whatever, its not that important, but it could be. He comes across Ra's al Ghul bodygaurd (kidnapping someone or stealing an artifact, something like that, Im not sure) Logan tries to stop him, but realizes that he's not in charge. So Logan withdraws and follows him far beneath Madripoor to a hidden Lazurus pit, therein a scuffle occurs, and Logan is transported to the DC universe. (Presumably following Ra's al Ghul. This would happen at the end of Iss 1. While the whole Logan thing is going on, the story should jump back and forth between Logan and Batman, who would be working on a seperate case where he stumbles across some clues that start him searching Ra's al Ghul. (There could be misdirection, writers choice.) The story continues (maybe Logan is caught in a cave-in allowing the gaurd to escape) Logan is hunting, Batman is detecting, plots unfold a little more. Batman would be investigating something (a crime scene, one of Ra's hide-outs, something) Logan has also tracked there and he takes Batman by surprise. (Wolverine assumes Batman is one of Ra's men, due to the fact that he has recognized his scent from other places they've been. This should be told in inner monolouge bubble)So, like always, when heroes meet, they must fight. There would have to be dialog here, at least from Logan, the would lead Batman to believe that Logan has been duped or at least misguided. However, the fact that Bats knows nothing of Logan's abilities, Round 1 would go to Logan, with Batman barely escaping. Maybe Batman has some sort of inner monologue here, on the topic of what he's learned of Logan's abilities. More plot unfolds as Logan hunts and Bats detects. By this point, Bats should just about know whats going on with only a few of the pieces of the puzzle missing. Logan would, of course, think he has it all figured out, but he has a couple of major points wrong, like Batman being a bad guy. Batman, at some point, should be doing some research as Bruce Wayne and runs into Logan. Wolvie recognizes the scent and decides to follow him. Batman realizes he's being followed, tries to lose him, and thinks he has. Shortly therafter, Logan attacks the Bat in the Bat cave. Now, its Batman's turn to shine. You see, after their first encounter, he had been preparing for their next, and with enough prep time, smart money is always on Batman, plus Bats has home court advantage, that would be like him attacking Wolverine in the Danger Room. So, in round 2, Batman gets the win. (keep in mind, that in both fights both men put up a good fight.) He captures Logan, then there should be a good conversation here, where Batman verbally smacks around Logan and tells him of the real bad guy. Logan will then fill in Bat's missing pieces. They make a truce and the two of them head out to thwart Ra's al Ghul and eventually send Logan home.

So, that's about it. The story needs Ra's plan (you know what he's doing, I'm leaning towards kidnapping, but it's still up in the air.) What do you think, and if anyone is going to write it, please tell me so I can read it.
The story should focus on Wolverine and Batman's very different ways of solving problems. Logan relies very much on his instincts and senses, where as Batman uses his instincts as only a guideline for his actions.