Old comics

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Old comics

Post by Winnowill »

Does anyone know any place on line where I can find the market value for old comics? They are all 20 to 30 years old. Ebay doesn't seem to help, and I tried to get the comic guide at the library, but it was two years old. Plus the bags haven't been changed in ten years, and I only had the xmen in mylar, I think the rest were in regular comic bags in the boxes. There is a comic store here, but he offered an amount that equaled 25 cents a comic. Any help would be appreciated- I need to raise about 20 thousand for a custody trial, so I'm selling them, stamps, everything. Oh, and graphic novels too. Someone in chat said they hadn't even heard of the Dazzler graphic novel- so maybe those might be worth something too. I checked a couple of weeks ago on ebay, and no one had one. Thank you so much for any help or suggestions.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Old comics

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

25 cents a comic?? I got more than that when I sold a stack of cruddy paperback books to the used book store.

Anyway, might try http://www.comicspriceguide.com/

Although I see they don't have the Dazzler GN listed. Feh.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Old comics

Post by Winnowill »

Thanks! That's perfect. Wow, even my old house of mystery comics go for 10.00 a piece, NM. Hopefully, I'll be able to use that guide and try to sell them at half price. Community garage sale in two weeks- good bye xmen, teen titans, detective comments, sigh. :)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Old comics

Post by Northstars Love »

You could always send your comics to CGC to get graded, which, btw, never existed when I was collecting comics. They tend to grade higher on some books. And some books they tend to grade lower. Unless I had a book of real value, even then it would scare me to send it to them, I wouldn't send them any books really.

There is also EBAY. You may in fact get more for your money because there might be someone that needs the books you have to complete a run. I sold books on EBAY and it is quite fun really. :D