Austen interview on Newsarama

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

There are a few hints about the up-coming X-Men series, Chuck is keepin' it pretty secret tho'. But it is mega-cool to see Chuck doing interviews again!

Go lookit!
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Sister Midnight
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sister Midnight »

I'm still trying to find out about Jubilee's status. Claremont says she's spoken for, but I don't see her on any of the upcoming rosters:?
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Loved the Austen interview. Looking forward to the books in May. Signed up for all of them at my local comic shop. Taking on 4 more titles. I hope my money doesn't run out. :P

Geeze. Books are now (or most) $2.99. Why not $3.00? Does a penny really matter?:rolleyes
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love** Books are now (or most) $2.99. Why not $3.00? Does a penny really matter?:rolleyes
I was told that that penny does, indeed, matter.

The lower price category stops at $2.99 and so with just the penny difference shops may be less likely to buy the book or at least as many of the book.

Something about the risk margin.

Don't ask me. I just smiled, nodded, and priced my comic at $2.75. ;)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Sorry, but amounts like that have always bothered me. Like advertisements that say this item under $10.00 and the price is $9.99. lol...but to me a penny isn't really a problem.

But oh well:rolleyes
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

it just shows that a lot of people don't think things through fully... 2.99 SOUNDS less than three dollars to some people even though it really isn't... ah well, if you buy 9 books a month, you can save a WHOLE DOLLAR in a year this way. in only 3 years you can get a whole extra issue. aint it grand? :p
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Unless the books go up to $3.25 in 3 years in which case you have to shell out a whole quarter! Damn all the luck! :P
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

[quote]Originally posted by Chuck Austen
“I was an enormous fan of the original, but as always, when I get my hands on something, I just have to ruin the concept three ways to Sunday,”...

...“Now, I know the first reaction is going to be, "Well, if it's based on Chuck's ideas, it'll suck." [laughs] But it won't. It's going to be a great series. "

[/quote]
:D LMAO :D
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww
Glad hes not taking X-Fan and their crazy ways to heart.