a question about Joe Casey

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

is it true that he was, um, "under the influence", when he wrote Poptopia, & that it also got him fired?
:eek
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

he has said as much himself on his own website ( http://www.manofaction.tv/ ) in his infrequently updated weblog that he was under the influence. i can't say if that was the reason for him ah, leaving the title, however. i believe he cleaned up before he left, though.
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

oh ok, I was just curious about that, cuz I read it somewhere else but they were also bashing him at the same time so who knows, it could have been fanboy rumors. I know he's not popular 'round these parts but I actually really liked what he did on Uncanny. Thanks for the link...
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

actually, i liked a lot of Casey's run as well. i don't think he's widely disliked around here... well, not universally, atleast. i did have some issues with some things he did his final arc, but it's more to do with him as a person and not as a writer, and so is kind of private. the story itself wasn't bad.