Original comic art

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Original comic art

Post by Entropy »

Hey guys,

I've recently gotten into Original Comic Art and was curious if anyone else was into it also. Also i was wondering if anyone knows (or perhaps willing to trade or sell) original Alan Davis Excalibur work (I can find some other stuff by him but not Excalibur), Cockrum, Larroca, or any cool Nightcrawler stuff (like Adam Hughes work in the Wildcats x-men crossover).

So far i have a page of Uncanny by Aaron Lopresti (close up of Kurt's face), 2 pages from Uncanny origins Nightcrawler, a page from the N.C. recent limited series, a page from the X2 comic adaption where kurt is being held by Jean, and i have the cover to Excalibur #95 (or will in a few weeks).
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Original comic art

Post by Bamfette »

I own page 22 of Uncanny #428, Nightcrawler's birth. it was a gift... I would like to get more, but it is difficult to find pieces to my satisfaction...

I collect animation artwork, allready. i refuse to collect reproductions, only original production art. my prized piece is an OPC of Itchy and Charlie (his legs, anyway) from All Dogs Go to Heaven signed by Don Bluth.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Original comic art

Post by Entropy »

That's really cool.
i understand what you mean about finding good pieces. and even when you find them, they can cost an arm and a leg. i'm really hoping to find an excalibur piece by Davis at the mid-ohio con (hopefully i can get a sketch from both him and Adam Hughes).

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Original comic art

Post by Bamfette »

when i was in San Diego, the only artist that had any good NC stuff was Jim Calafiore. he had some Exiles pages that had Kurt in them, as well as pages from X-Men Unlimited #19 that were quite nice.

but i didn't have that kind of money on me...

as for non-Kurt stuff, Alex Ross was there, and he had some of those costume design drawings that he did. i only saw Cyke and Iceman in the portfolio though, i guess he had sold the others. but his drawings were averaging over $1000 :o there were several good artist there, actually.... but not many of them had brought pages i would have been interested in.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Original comic art

Post by Entropy »

The mid ohio con will be my first convention (hoping they won't have to much neat stuff, as my wallet is already a bit thin and i hope to buy an original Davis piece and get a sketch of Kurt by Hughes, which i was recently told very expensive). Everything that i've found has been online, there are some really good sites with everybody from Adams and Bachalo to Pacheco and L. Yu.

also if i ever get the time and money, i plan on getting some more Michael Whelan prints.