Hellboy Movie Offical Thread

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

in the new wizard magizine they talk about the new hellboy movie due in april. it looks pretty good from the images i have seen.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

I've checked some pictures, and i must say i'm not really dessesperated in seeing this movie, i feel kinda dissapointed with the make up.
Hellboy is one of my favourite comic characters and i dislike what they have done to the movie so far, i hope i'm being wrong, but right now i feel dissapointed.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think it looks like Bullet PRoof monk meets a forked up version of Blade. (scuzie the french hope that edits if not I'll do it) The poster looks ridiculous lemme get the link and put it up for you guys, it's at superherohype.com thats all i know!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Del Toro really seems intrested in makeing the Hellboy movie. he said he is going to try not to change it. i hope it turns out that way.

** Edit **

they finally got the trailer for the movie.:)
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

And here it is panz!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/hellboy/
the official hellboy trailer. Looks ok, I think it won't be a box office smash but a nice DVD own.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

for one, that first one isn't even a poster... it's a promotional flyer. it was probably letter size or smaller and meant to be held. likely handed out at some convention or something. and second, how is the poster ridiculous looking? i think it's great. simple, but bold and easily recognizable. it's essentially like a logo, which is very good for instant recognizability from the public. plus i just really like Mignola's art :p. and becuase it's Mignola art, it really shows a dedication on the part of the film makers to make it like the original, and faith from Mignola himself in the film makers if he allowed that. not like you saw comic book art slapped on any posters for any other comic book movie.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So jill you sound interestd in the movie? What do you thik of the trailer?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

think it looks great. it looks like it kept the playful yet kinda bizarre and creepy spirit of the comics, and the makeup is as close to what they look like in the comic as can reasonably be expected considering the limitations of makeup. and while it doesn't look like it follows the story *exactly* (not saying it should, either) but it seems to keep atleast some important elements from the Seed of Destruction story... also it showed Hellboy wiht the beginning of full horns (he keeps them cut down to stubs, but they can grow back) so that should be interesting to see what brough that on.

only one thing bugs me, really. why Abe has that contraption to breathe above water.

here. a poster i think would be more up your alley: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=1419
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

whoa! those posters look very spiffy once i find them in sotres i gonna buy them. i wonder what other stuff they are going to make for the movie. i know the are going to make figures.

Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

When a friend and I saw the previews for this movie, we burst out laughing. It looks pretty bad to me, and I think the movie industry should take a short break from superhero/comic movies (besides X3) and work on something else....I swear we're gonna see trailers for Archie-The Movie if this keeps up.....But I've never been a fan of Hellboy, so it could just be that I'm naive...;)
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Actually funny you mention that....
there is discussion of an archie movie. And there is garfield the movie and an up and coming Get fuzzy movie. The writer of Get fuzzy (darby connly) is helping to cast/write the script of "Hitchiker's Guide" so ...expect the neverending goofiness to continue.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Ugh. I hate when they ruin good books or comics with bad movies. The movie people don't get that not EVERYTHING needs to be made into some big budget, badly cast and badly written feature film. they are just another big merchandising scam....unless its a film about my life...then it would be fascinating :D
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

I just love the first poster Jill showed.
Mignola art just rocks!! he's one of my favourite artists. His style is dark, simple and clean, it has feelings, i like that.

But i must say i'm still dissapointed about the movie, i'm a big fan of Hellboy and i'm afraid it could be bad.

But who knows? maybe if i watch the movie i would like it.
I just feel dissapointed because i don't like what i've seen so far (make up and special effects)
But right now, i feel like that.
Originally posted by Gaz
The movie people don't get that not EVERYTHING needs to be made into some big budget, badly cast and badly written feature film.
Actually we don't know for sure if the script is bad or not, and the casting is fine, Ron Pearlman LOOKS like Hellboy, and Del Toro is a good director, so who knows?
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Hellboy

Post by Siona »

The trailers for the movie have started, and it looks pretty cool, packed with explosions, Nazis, and fighting galore! :love

But, having never been near the comics, what do the rest of you think of it and how it will compare to the original comic books?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

The comics are exellent...You can in fact read quite a few of them online. Check http://www.hellboy.com/z-old-design/hbcomicsonline.html for links.
What I've seen of the movie looks fantastic, amazing make-up and if it's anything as fun as the comic it will be a classic...

...Goes back to swooning over Abe.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Elwing, thank you very much for that webpage! I've gone through all the stories I can find, and I'm quite taken with them! Looks like I'll be seeing this one. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Elwing...you are GOD! *pounces, glomp*

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Hehe, I love them...I liked "the corpse" best. "There you go...You were smelling pretty darn bad there towards the end." "Thank you granny" Tee hee...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I read that one first; that was pretty good. And I'm liking how he's referencing to actual myths and legends.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i have never read the comics
i saw the previews to Hellboy- they looked pretty good, i'm thinking about seeing it
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I'm a HUGE fan of Mike Mignola's Hellboy.
I hope the movie will be as strong as the comic-book.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Diablo:
Like you, i've been a huge fan for years, and apparently they're basing the movie in "Seed of destruction" arc, if you already seen the trailer you might see the references.
"Seed of destruction" is one of my fave arcs! and its also the first Hellboy comics i had read :D

I must say i'm still having mixing feelings about the movie, because i'm not liking much the make up, but i'm holding my thoughts till i finally see it.
Why should i be judging it before? ;)
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I know nothing about Hellboy but it looks cool, and movie are what got me started on the X-men in the fist place.:D
one name: Bruce Campbell
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i finally got tickets! looks like i am going tonight!