Hellboy Movie Offical Thread

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

has anybody seen how much merchandise for the hellbiy movie there is? i have seen a lot.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

It looks like I'll be going tomorrow. I like going during matinees: much better prices, and generally lower crowds. Reviews to follow! :D
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I'm going to see the movie for sure. I've never read Hellboy. But the movie looks cool! :D
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

I merged the two Hellboy movie threads because someone dug up a really old, really dead one. Might as well have it all in one place.

The movie totally kicked ass. It's not totally laden with story, but then most action movies aren't.

You can really tell that delToro LOVES the comic and really wanted to do it justice. I think he did.

In the comic movie genre, I'd put it up there with the first two Superman movies, the first Batman movie, Spider-Man and X2. It's that good. Very beautifully done.

And I'd say it's damn near the most faithful translation of any comic series to a movie EVER. It kept the overall tone, all the characters were spot-on, the settings were straight out of the books. Of course, delToro is a big Hellboy comics fan and Mignola was the "visual consultant" on the film, so I guess it's not all that surprising.

GO SEE IT! You'll like it!

Now I'm going to quote and rant!
kurtlover said:
I've checked some pictures, and i must say i'm not really dessesperated in seeing this movie, i feel kinda dissapointed with the make up.
Hellboy is one of my favourite comic characters and i dislike what they have done to the movie so far, i hope i'm being wrong, but right now i feel dissapointed.
I know you said that back in November, but you WILL NOT be disappointed by the makeup. It's very well done technically and it's very faithful to the look in the comics. The only way you could get more accurate would be to have made the movie animated.
gaz said:
When a friend and I saw the previews for this movie, we burst out laughing. It looks pretty bad to me, and I think the movie industry should take a short break from superhero/comic movies (besides X3) and work on something else....I swear we're gonna see trailers for Archie-The Movie if this keeps up.....But I've never been a fan of Hellboy, so it could just be that I'm naive..
First, naive means innocent. The word you were looking for is "ignorant," though that holds kinda a nasty connotation nowadays.

As for taking a break, it's not as if there's a Comic Book Movies Association or anything that's spitting out all these movies. Each one is independent of the next and just labelling it a "comic book movie" doesn't mean it's anything at all like the others. And Hellboy is supposed to be fun and kinda border on the ridiculous (in a good way), so having the movie be just a tad over the top is PERFECT.
gaz said:
I hate when they ruin good books or comics with bad movies. The movie people don't get that not EVERYTHING needs to be made into some big budget, badly cast and badly written feature film. they are just another big merchandising scam....unless its a film about my life...then it would be fascinating
Too bad that this was a labor of love for the director and isn't a "merchandising scam" in the least. He pitched it for YEARS before convincing a production company to take a chance on it.

And it damn well seems that you're saying "I don't like that comic, so it doesn't deserve a movie."
kurtlover said:
apparently they're basing the movie in "Seed of destruction" arc, if you already seen the trailer you might see the references.
"Seed of destruction" is one of my fave arcs!
It actually had very little Seed of Destruction as the story, as far as I can recall. Nonetheless, it was loyal to the comics and had a damned good story interspersed with damned good effects.

Go see it. You'll be happy when you see that someone didn't just hear the title "Hellboy" and go make a movie about THEIR idea of what a character named Hellboy would be like.

FINAL VERDICT: A-
Go see it, even if you haven't read the comics. And then visit that link that someone posted further up in the thread and check the comics out. ;)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Thanks C

Post by kurtlover »

Well, coming from you, i believe its good, because you have great taste :D
i'm still a bit hesitant, but the thursday i bought the most recent Wizard i found and read some very positive things about it, and now i wanna see it even more.
Why i'm still a bit hesitant? because i've been a hellboy fan almost as long i've been an X-men fan, in fact, after X-books, Hellboy is my favourite title. ;)
Can't wait to see it, unfortunally they still don't have release date here in my city, bah!
Oh and i'm so totally in love with the Abe Sapiens 12" figure. who wants to buy me some? :puppy
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i just saw hellboy last night. i really enjoyed it.:)
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I just saw Hellboy today. I liked it, my sister didn't though, go figure. *glares angrily at sister*
one name: Bruce Campbell
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

TIme for she of the long-winded nature to jump in... *takes deep breath*

I saw it over the weekend, on matinee, as I mentioned. The first thing I noted was that the acting was first rate. Ron Perlman is *perfect* for the role. Hellboy (from what I've read of the comic, thanks to on-line scans) is the ultimate casual, one-step-from-jaded hero. "Yeah, yeah, so you're Lord High Demon Yug-shoggoth from the Seventh Level? Fine. Meet Mr. Mortar Round...." Nothing phases him, so far as for his own safety. Ron did this without making his character look like a macho asshole who doesn't care period. In fact, Ron seemed to be almost made for this role. ;)

[spoiler]I hadn't read enough of the comic to get all of his quirks, so I was rather amused to see he liked cats. And there was something very, very "classic" about his relationship with Liz. It reminded me of a good 1940s Bogart film, the way the two had drifted apart, yet were obviously created for each other on several levels. [/spoiler]

It's damn hard to make an action/horror film without slopping enough blood around to fill up a few elevators, but Hellboy managed to give the impression of horror with a minimum of gore. When demons fell on hapless agents to rend the flesh from their bones, we got just enough of the scene to know what had happened, but not enough to see anything else. Sound effects and subtle panning accomplished it all. In one scene, where it was really impossible to avoid seeing a body or six, the director chose a lighting set that let you see the body... without really seeing it. You got "wet" sound effects, the mangled corpse glistened as it was being devoured... but as it was a dark place, with low lighting, there wasn't much color in the scene. It was all in shades of gray. Not seeing the blood dripping down distances the effect without sanitizing it. They found some truly creative ways to keep their all-important PG-13 rating, and they worked exceptionally well. (That was one of the things about X2 that kind of annoyed me, even though I know it was necessary: the complete lack of blood. Wolvie's slicing armored guards, there are automatic weapons going off, and he and Yuriko are slashing each other to ribbons in the augmentation chamber, and we might find a couple tablespoons of red spattered around....)

However, Hellboy had some flaws that... well... kind of eliminate the "see it over and over" effect that I look for in a film. [spoiler]Despite all the incredible characterization and set work, the great CGI and makeup, and a faithful adaptation of the comic, I had serious pacing issues with the movie. The occasional slow spots are fine, and even necessary. You need a respite between action scenes. But as they were building to the climax of the film, things just kind of went south. They couldn't hold the tension correctly, and it drained out like water through a seive.

Also, I was a little annoyed at what I veiwed as a plothole: the demon's egg-laying tendencies. When Hellboy got a few implanted in him, I immediately thought, "Holy shit, that damn thing just infected everyone in the entire train with eggs! They'll separate out, the eggs will be hatching everywhere, and there's no way to get to them all! How utterly cool and evil!" I felt a bit cheated when this didn't materialize, though. For some reason the demon didn't take that path. He just laid everything in the water. What's more effective in spreading your progeny? Laying it all in one basket? Or spreading it out among countless hosts, hidden in countless places? Also, the combination of the egg laying and that "when one goes, two shall arise" bit seemed unweildy to me. We could see how the eggs worked, but what about the two little balls of St. Elmo's Fire that drifted out of each corpse? Did they reform somewhere else? And out of what? Why have both means of replication, one completely mystical and the other grounded in a more understandable, if warped, physical method? This was one of the things that kept scratching at the back of my mind, and, to some extent, made it harder to enjoy the rest of the film.

Oh, and there was the bald asshole in charge left to his own devices, but this was a wonderful red herring. I mean, they just kind of left him 4/5ths of the way through the film. What the hell? But then they showed him halfway through the credits, asking where everyone else was, and that it was getting downright spooky in there.... Okay, that was cool.[/spoiler]

After thinking about it, I found myself equating this with 2002's Spiderman. It was well done, for the most part, and the action scenes were stupendous, but there was just something missing for me. That "something" that had me go back time and time again for X2, LOTR, Shrek, the original Star Wars trilogy, and other, more obscure films like Andromeda Strain. While others, especially those who had fond memories of the comic, would go back over and over for Spiderman, and probably wear out the DVD with repeated viewings, I just shrugged.

It was good. Maybe a 3 out of 5 stars. If they got rid of the flaws that I personally found, I'd surely upgrade it to 4 stars, maybe higher. As is, it's a good flick, it's worth seeing int he movie (as a matinee, at least), and I'm glad I saw it. And just because I won't see it again doesn't mean others won't.

Remember how much $$ Spiderman raked in? ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

i saw Hellboy and i thought it was AWESOME!!!
I've never read the comics (don't hurt me!) but I sure as hell will now!
I was sooo drawn into the movie. That hasn't happened since i saw Return of the King and X2.

The actors were absolutely perfect. Ron Perlman had the right wise-guy, i'll-kick-your-ass-if-u-piss-me-off attitude that everyone says Hellboy needs to have. (He's so tough and butch, yet he loves cats).
David Hyde Pierce gave a great performance as the voice of Abe. He was funny, yet full of wisdom. And Doug Jones (the guy in the suit and make-up) made the character very believable, as if he really was from some other world.
It was nice seeing Selma Blair in a darker, more dramatic role. Her past films didn't do much for her (in my opinion). The special effects for her flames were very impressive.

No offense to whoever played him, but i thought John Meyers was kind of pointless. He didn't do much except [spoiler]try to steal Hellboy's girl.[/spoiler]

The villain with the swords was awesome.

All in all, I give this movie a 4.8 out of 5. I looooved it. To anyone who asks, it's definately a movie worth seeing.

P.S. Can anyone tell me where I can find some Hellboy fanfiction?
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

Yes! The movie was AWESOME! I'm going again! Maybe more than once! :D
I agree, the actors were very good. And I already looooove Ron Perlman. :love
I have a deep-seated hatred for Meyers, though. I don't have a clue as to why.. I just really, really hate the guy. :shrug
Oh, and, rockstar, (shameless ad for myself) I'm writing an HB/NC crossover fic here in another thread... Just if you're interested.. :D
Purple is the color of fear!!!

"responstibiklity"

"Tell him 'Fine, and I'm not gonna die before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.'" ~Hagane
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

SWEETNESS!!! Please, PLEASE keep me posted, Sulfurous!
i heart you!

An HB/NC crossover kinda makes sense b/c characters from both worlds are considered "freaks" and Hellboy and Nightcrawler both have awesome tails.

"Us 'freaks' should stick together."
- Abe
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Actually, there was one very good reason John Meyers was put in the movie. Exposition.

Remember the first Xmen movie? When Wolverine first arrived at the mansion, completely clueless, everything was explained to him in one way or another. As an outsider, he provided a reason for the "seasoned" characters of the movie to explain everything. Oh, sure, those of us familiar with Xmen would know exactly what was going on without that, but the rest of the world wouldn't. Without the exposition, they would be lost, bored, and very annoyed.

It's the same with Hellboy. A large percentage of the audience have very little, if any, knowledge of the comic book. By putting Meyers in, the "seasoned veteran" characters (Hellboy, Abe, Hellboy's adopted father [can't remember his name, sorry :oops]) can explain to the rest of the "unseasoned" audience what's happening in a believable manner, because they have to explain it to Meyers.

Think how much the whole movie would suck if these characters, who've know each other for over forty years, would be constantly doing the expository between each other, when there's absolutely no need for it :yech. And think how much things would suck for the rest of the audience unfamiliar with the comic if nothing was explained at all. :?

I guess you could call John a "necessary evil" in this case. If you really loathe him, think of him instead as a "suckiness sponge". He absorbs all the lousy stuff that would otherwise have existed without him, so only the parts with him are annoying as opposed to being spread throughout the entire film. ;)
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

*delurks*

I've been looking forward to this movie ever since I saw screen-shots in Wizard about it. I had known about the comics before I heard about the movie, but I didn't know what they were about, and I just assumed it was one of those "I'm a big brooding red guy who kicks things in the ass."

However, after reading the Wizard things, the whole humor of Hellboy stood out to me as very interesting, so I picked up a copy of Seed of Destruction and ate it up. I absolutely loved it. I went out and bout Right Hand of Doom and the Chained Coffin right away. So good. I was suprised on how much of a wiseass Hellboy was. That and his cute little quirks like pancakes just cracked me up.

I'm an enormous fan of physical special effects, so when I found out that del Toro wanted as many guys in suits as possible, I thanked my lucky stars. I feel that CG can be a cheap way out, and too many movies today rely on it. Because of the suits, the actors can respond to something, and the effect is a more "real" feel to the effects. That, and they can put more money into what they have to CG to make it look more real. I thought Sammael was one of the best rendered CG monsters I've ever seen.

That, and Ron Perlman was terrific. He nailed that performance dead-on. I am now a die-hard Perlman fan, thank you very much.

The movie did have it's weaknesses, I will admit. I didn't like Meyers at all, I felt that he was pretty useless besides providing exposition and contributing to that very funny scene between Hellboy and the 9 year old, but besides that, he was pretty useless. The ending was kind of corny, but hey, I can forgive them. I could also live without that wierd breathing thing they strapped to Abe, but he didn't wear it much, so it didn't bother me too much. :P

That, and the fiery Crown of the Apocolypse was the coolest thing ever. Hoorah for Anung Un Rama. Let's hope they make a toy out of him. :)

All in all, I felt like del Toro did a fantastic job in retaining the look and feel of the comics. Sure it didn't follow the comics exactly (but who wants that?), but I think it's the best comic-to-movie out there that is basically a live-action version of the comic.

Sadly, because of the craptastical journey that was LXG, I couldn't convice all of my friends that Hellboy was, in fact, different. They just lumped that movie up with Van Helsing and said "It's another LXG" and were done with it. I'm sad I couldn't change their minds.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Look what I found:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/cate ... type=store
And:
HELLBOY-
Anung Un Rama
Oct 9th 1944
6'9". 350 lbs. Black hair, red skin, golden eyes, stone hand.

LIKES: The look of Liz in the golden light of dusk. The look of Liz in the morning. The look of Liz from a distance. The look of Liz nearby. Her voice, her smell, her clothes, her skin... having her fall asleep on his shoulder, well, you get the idea. He looks up to Professor Broom but feels like James Dean in EAST OF EDEN. He adores Beer, Pizza, Chili, Nachos, pumping Iron, a good cigar, a bad cigar, Traveling, Cats, Candy -specially Baby Ruth- old UPA cartoons, old fleischer cartoons, Polaroid photos -Liz taught him that- Zippos -he collects them- ding-dongs and twinkies, cookies and milk, greasy burgers and hot dogs, shaving his horns. He is easily amused by flatulence -thinks DUMB AND DUMBER is a masterpiece- and loves to bawl with B&W movies -especially Chaplin's CITY LIGHTS and BRIEF ENCOUNTER. Beating the crap out of monsters. Getting his coat fixed and ready. His big, bad gun "The Samaritan", it's bullets. Bruce Willis. Tom Waits, Nick Cave, The Pixar movies -thinks that MONSTERS inc is a better name for the BPRD -Abe takes offence- and watching TOY STORY 1 and 2 with Liz makes for a perfect afternoon. Loves the 3 Stooges, the Marx Brothers, Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton.

DISLIKES: Vegetables -beets especially- oysters, jalapeno peppers, salads, Yanni, Charlotte Church, People Magazine, The Enquirer, Photographers, Abe burping -those damn eggs are nasty- or getting sanctimonious. Thinking of his origin, learning about it. People staring at his forehead. Being locked up for more than 4 months without an "outing." Being called a demon.

BIOGRAPHY by Guillermo del Toro:
To understand Hellboy one has to know a bit about his family. His real family, that is.

His Mother was born 1681. Her name was Catherine Tanner-Tremaine and was born in East Bromwich, England. A rich heiress to a Tobacco merchant, she studied harpsichord and singing and was adept at most feminine arts. Her parents died when she turned 19 and for the longest time, she lived alone in her palatial home, reading and painting.

Immersed in German literature, she dreamt of spirits and magic. Cautiously, she acquired texts and grimoire from her London Bookseller and eventually came to own an important collection of magic artifacts and lore -including Dr. John Dee's fabled magical box- and displayed them in her private library/study. She summoned a high-ranking Demon and willingly found intimacy with him. This was both the highest and the most terrifying moment in her life.

She was a changed woman, her soul had probed darkness and its acrid aftertaste made the rest of her life a road of repentance. But Sin has its own ways of staying and in spite of her charity and her pious marriage to a minister and the edification of many a church and chapel, she died out of grace. By her feet lay her two human children: a nun and a pastor.

She confessed her transgressions and cried bitterly. She begged them to save her soul for it would be claimed by her Dark paramour.

But just as she exhaled her last breath, her lover reclaimed her body, slaughtering her earthly children so swiftly that a gust of wind shuddered all the windows in Tremaine Manor.

Their souls joined, he wooed her and promised that -in his eyes- she would always look young and that within her still lay her unborn spiritual son. Awaiting to incarnate and fall to earth.

And she lay dormant, like an insect in amber until her child was summoned forth by Grigory Effimovich Rasputin one fateful Autumn night in '44.

The details of Hellboy's birth have been properly consigned in the BPRD archives and so has his eventual transfer to a New Mexico army base by Professor Trevor Broom.

It was Broom's finding of the child that prompted him to stay permanently in the United States, accepting from President Roosevelt the charge of Director of Operations at the head of the BPRD.

Hellboy grew fast and was incredibly inquisitive. He had the most vivacious eyes and showed interest in most mechanical things -frequently smashing them to pieces with his stone hand.

Under the supervision of General Norton Rycker daily tests were arranged and frequent biopsies were done to obtain tissue samples. Hellboy showed incredible resistance to pain, but cried bitterly every time. A sample of the stone in his glove required the use of a high-tension diamond drill bit and provided less than a square millimeter of material before exploding into a shower of sparks and debris.

Professor Broom taught Hellboy the language. First they communicated with signs, then a few sounds and finally with words. The child also had a great affinity with animals and for a while he could "talk" to the base dog mascot (an ability that he would lose over the years) and considered it a more evolved species than humans. Perhaps because of this Hellboy wasn't "Potty-trained" until his later childhood years.

In a private session Broom was asked by the president to conceal Hellboy's existence from the rest of the world and bowed to provide funding for a larger BPRD building.

In spite of the secrecy, now and then Hellboy was introduced to many a celebrity. Einstein flew to new Mexico in order to spend an afternoon with the creature and found him delightful and bright. Hellboy compared hairstyles between Broom and Einstein and expressed his predilection for the latter. In 1946 he threw a rock at Babe Ruth's head and -in a most impolite manner- kept calling Clark Gable "Sewer breath".

Photos were shown to Josef Stalin that depicted HELLBOY as a USA secret weapon. Stalin liked his color but believed him a hoax. 1n 1949 Hellboy met the Soviet Dictator, who kept pinching him in the cheek and fondling his horns. Hellboy started shaving them shortly thereafter. In 1951 he was released into Professor's Broom full-time custody and moved into the BPRD headquarters -back then in Boston, Ma.

The early 50's proved particularly active for the Bureau as Adolf Hitler waged his secret war with the USA from South America. Hellboy proved his enormous talent as an agent in the field and beating a Cybernetic Hitler with his own mechanical leg may prove to be one of his greatest triumphs. At the end of the decade, the BPRD moved into its new headquarters. The building that presently houses the Bureau was created in the 1940's and was intended by the federal government as one of their COLD WAR strategic bunker-shelter to lodge all branches of Government.

Hellboy's room used to be the building's safe and is ensconced by the rock of a cliff and a concrete and steel armature.

Broom kept Hellboy's origins nebulous to his "son" until 1959, when they had a "heart-to-heart" in view of Broom's first bout with cancer.

Hellboy was so upset that he decided never to probe into that subject again. His dreams were inevitably assaulted by apocalyptic scenarios every now and then and a chip was placed on his shoulder: Every time he punched an alien creature he exorcised his own "otherness". He is incredibly sensitive about being "stared upon" or "photographed" except by Liz.

Through the years Hellboy remained the sole non-human component of the BPRD until 1978 when Abe Sapien joined the ranks of the organization. Hellboy and Abe started their friendship on the wrong foot. Abe was everything Hellboy was not: introspective, laconic, an avid reader (Hellboy always favored old issues of POPULAR MECHANICS and a dozen Silver Age comic books like SUGAR AND SPIKE and LITTLE LULU) and an extremely private guy. Hellboy was jealous of Broom's attention towards Abe and the Fishman's propensity to take offense every time Hellboy would bestow a new nickname upon him.

In 1988 Liz Sherman joined the BPRD and Hellboy fell in love at first sight. From that moment on, Hellboy, the invulnerable, knew the meaning of pain.
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

the right hand of doom that Neko found was really spiffy! [spoiler] the part of the movie that i was most amased at was when rasputin showed prof. broom the aappocylpse what was to come. evrything looked so cool! another part i liked was when hellboy opened the first lock and you could see the gods of choas come out.[/spoiler]

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Oh man ! The Hellboy movie won't be released in my country before...october !!!
:( Couldn't they do like X2, releasing the movie everywhere at the same time ?? I'm so angry ! :mad
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Oh! I forgot to add this link:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/cate ... type=store

"The Samaritan" weighs 6 lbs.
:shocked:shocked:shocked
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Phantom phan
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

:bday HAPPY B-DAY RON!!!!!!!!! :bday

Say happy b-day to Ron Perlman!!!!!!1

Phantom phan
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Should I ask how old Ron is now? :blush

On a side note, can you imagine the conversation between Hellboy and a fully-grown, canon Kurt? :naughty

:daredevil Well, let's see... my dad was a demon and my mom was a weak-willed bitch with the morals of a cat in heat. Foster dad was cool, though.... You?

:rolleyes Dad was an uber-powerful ancient mutant pretending to be Satan and mom was a mass murdering psychopath who dumped me over a waterfall the night I was born.

:daredevil That sucks. How about foster family? You got that, at least, right?

:scratch Well, Margali was okay, except for the time she went nuts, summoned up a high demon, and killed half of London.

:daredevil I remember that one.

;) Thought you would. And don't even mention Amanda.

:daredevil So long as you don't mention Liz. Deal?

:) Deal. Pass me another beer, would you?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

LMAO!!!! that's priceless, and oh so true.

oh, and Happy belated B-Day, Ron ;) (though i doubt he's reading this)
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

does anyone know when HB is comig out? i know that it takes 6 months but there have been a few expections.

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Do you mean the DVD? Considering it's still in the theaters, I don't think we'll even hear about that for a long time....
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

the dvd should be pretty cool with the features in all.

Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Finally got around to seeing the movie. My students (who know I'm a big Xmen fan) have been bugging me to go.
I admit that I had my doubts, but this was a great movie. Even though I had not read the Hellboy comics, I could tell the directer had a love for this series.
I grant you that Myers was a bit of an issue, but like someone said, he was a necessary evil for those of us who are not familar with Hellboy.

Oh, and Kudos to David Hyde Pierce. I loved him as the voice of Abe!
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by Tracker
Oh, and Kudos to David Hyde Pierce. I loved him as the voice of Abe!
yah i liked how the played out the part of abe. really spiffy.