What do you think of the JLA/Avengers?

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I loved book one so far. I'm hoping that this doesn't go by way of the Amalgam storyline. I don't think so. But overall the story is great. And I love George Perez's artwork. I always have since the 80's. Justice League and Teen Titans. They were my two favorites at the time. He also did a nice Wonder Woman too.

Rating so far: 10 art/ 9 storyline

This is my favorite two parts of the first book.

[spoiler]I loved it when Wonder Woman caught Hawkeye's bow with the Nullifier attached. The Avengers were all surprised to see that especially Quicksilver. Also, Thor throwing his hammer at Superman and making Supes fly across the city was great![/spoiler]

What is everyone else's thoughts?
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Those were my favorite parts in it too!!! How weird?
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I have really been looking forward to this series and was blown away, both by the art and the story. It definately has great potential. they really fit in a lot in just one issue.
My favorite part was when they first encountered each other but then the JLA just dissapeared and left the Avengers standing there going "Huh?" Or was it the other way around? I can't remember, but either way it was great.
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by blueberrymuffin
I have really been looking forward to this series and was blown away, both by the art and the story. It definately has great potential. they really fit in a lot in just one issue.
My favorite part was when they first encountered each other but then the JLA just dissapeared and left the Avengers standing there going "Huh?" Or was it the other way around? I can't remember, but either way it was great.

It was the other way around. [spoiler]Iron Man hit them with a ray that shot the JLA back to their own universe. But I loved the idea of Batman going after the Punisher. I wish we could have seen more of that![/spoiler]

Have you seen the cover of JLA/Avengers #2? It's hot! :nodyes
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

The Cover for book 2 does look great. I love that the books are coming in a more durable form (the harder covers) that means they'll last forever and I can read them over and over and over.
I wish it was gonna be more than 4 books. It just isn't enough, I want more darnit!
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

My opinion of winners in the battle of DC vs. Marvel.

Superman-Thor

Superman. Who can defeat the man of steel? Even tho Thor has the power of the gods behind him there's no way he could defeat Superman.

Aquaman-Namor

Aquaman. He has the whole ocean at his command. Look at the Amalgam series at what Aquaman did to Namor the first time around.

Green Arrow-Hawkeye

It could be a tie. Unsure.

**EDIT** I've been told that Green Arrow is pretty nasty with his bow and arrows now. It may go to Green Arrow

Flash-Quicksilver

Flash IMO but we'll have to wait and see.

Batman-Captain America

Take a look at the Amalgam series. Not to mention the fact that Batman has to use his wits since he has no real superhuman powers. Just brains and fighting skills.[spoiler]He took on the Punisher and he seemed to have survived that unscathed[/spoiler]Batman is my choice.

Wonder Woman-She Hulk

Strength wise that maybe a tie. However, Wonder Woman has the ability to fly and brandishes an unbreakable golden lasso. She is of the gods. My pick:Wonder Woman.

Iron Man-Green Lantern

Iron Man. He has more toys at his disposal. And Green Lantern IMO is rather limited.

**EDIT** Again, I was told that Green Lantern is pretty powerful now. Boy, things have changed in the last ten years. This may end up going to Green Lantern. Of course it depends how the writers write the story.

Vision-Red Tornado

Vision. No doubt there. His phasing and solar beams powers alone give him an advantage over the Red T.'s elemental powers.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Oh man! Talk about an awesome 2nd issue! [spoiler]to see Superman beat Thor unconscious and the whole Avengers bounce on Supes was to good to be true! The fight scenes were just to cool to put in words. And to see Galactus at the end just makes me....drool![/spoiler]

People...do yourself a favor and buy this!! You won't be sorry!!:D

I'm still drooling!!:LOL
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I'm a JL fan, but don't get this issue...BAH. I would like to..more Martian Manhunter...heh heh...;pant

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Remy_LeBeau
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Remy_LeBeau »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
Oh man! Talk about an awesome 2nd issue! [spoiler]to see Superman beat Thor unconscious and the whole Avengers bounce on Supes was to good to be true! The fight scenes were just to cool to put in words. And to see Galactus at the end just makes me....drool![/spoiler]

People...do yourself a favor and buy this!! You won't be sorry!!:D

I'm still drooling!!:LOL
this was my favorite scene too! i loved their reaction to what supes did was just fun to see.:)