Titan Comics: Doctor Who by Ewing/Williams

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Titan Comics: Doctor Who by Ewing/Williams

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Titan Comics has put together a team of solid Whovian creators who don't just fanjoy over the stories of the Doctor and his band of space/time companions but understand what makes the stories work as well. Al Ewing, (currently noted for his Mighty Avengers series at Marvel comics) and Rob Williams (who teamed with Al & Si Spurrier for Judge Dredd: Trifecta) have joined forces with talented artists Simon Fraser and colorist Gary Caldwell to produce a series that bleeds Doctor Who and completely represents everything the series has been and should be about.

Titan recently acquired the Doctor Who comic book rights and soon got under way to producing two simultaneously running series; one featuring the eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith) and the other featuring Doctor Ten (David Tennant's version of the Doctor). Due to the wibbly wobbly, timey wimey plot that makes the program work so well, these stories could essentially take place anywhere in the storyline that the writers wish to start from. By weaving in and out of the events we have seen in the show, they could lace together plotlines or attach a happy new happenstance that might click just the right way for knowings fans to touch their noses in a "I see what you did there" moment. But why bog the story down and limit themselves to already established characters?

Ewing and Williams start fresh and bring us the Doctor right after his Second Big Bang (a notorious episode to fans) and the necessary separation between he and the Ponds. We are introduced to a strikingly sympathetic character, Alice Obiefune. Alice is a very sad woman who is clearly in a state of absolute depression and overwhelming sadness. From the death of her mother it has been like dominoes as her life around her crumbled and fell apart. Suddenly, in a moment where everything seems "grey," colorless and unhappy, the Doctor happens. 

Read More Here
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS