Marvel snatches Mike Marts from DC!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Marvel snatches Mike Marts from DC!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Marts is returning to Marvel Comics as the new eXecutive editor for X-MEN! How awesome is that?!

DC has been bungling for awhile and, unfortunately, I am always quick to blame their editorship as I feel Gail Simone (as an example) would not intentionally sabotage her story with Barbara Gordon, nor do I think she is so lacking in skill that she would ever put that story, as we read it. But for us Marvel fans, Marts is great news. He had tremendous success with Joss Whedon's ASTONISHING X-MEN and Morrison's NEW X-MEN back in the early 2000's, so with those successes under his belt and the Bat titles being some of the highest selling comics each week (and not just for DC but across the board), we can expect an editor who can coordinate, collaborate, and shape a whole story of a multi-book family platform.

What do you guys think?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS