San Diego Comic Con

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

San Diego Comic Con

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So, it's official. My wife and I are going to SDCC 2013!! Hotel booked and confirmation email recieved. I almost didn't get in either. Both me and my wife entered the waiting room in two browsers at the same time. Hers both mess up, and one of mine did. When I entered the waiting room, I was #42000 in line and I thought "There is NO way I am getting a ticket. I waited almost an hour in the waiting room. When I finally got in, All 4-day passes were sold out when I finally got in, but all individual day passes were not, so I got 2 sets of 4 passes. Within 5 minutes, all Saturday passes were sold out, followed by Friday passes and then everything else. So I really did just barely get in. But now, I am super duper pumped and am as excited for Comic Con as I am graduation in May! WOOHOO!! And, we get to wear the costumes I've been working so hard on for the past 18 months. Rob Liefeld told me he would sign my X-Force #1 And I may be able to get Bendis to sign my All New X-Men #1! SQUEE!

So who else is going? Or tried to get in but couldn't?
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: San Diego Comic Con

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Lucky Bastard!

Brian Michael Bendis just announced he's leaving Con-Retirement to go there. His daughter has never been and being his wife and (son? I think?) are going to be away, he figured he'd bring her after she expressed interest in cosplaying.

If I send you a comic mind getting it signed for me and sending it back? >_>

<_<

:shifty

... plz?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Maybe. It all depends on what you want signed and how schedules work. If we are in a panel or something during the signing of your writer/artist, I couldn't help you. Worst part is that tenative schedules do not come out until This summer, so I have no idea what we have planned until then. All I know is that one day will be designated Cosplay day and that we are going to be at at least one TV panel, and maybe a movie panel... Oh and signings, if we can.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I hear ya, I'm planning New York Comic Con for myself this year. Every year I try to get people to go (my birthday weekend) and right after April they start dropping like flies. Serious bummer.

I think I have a solid group of interested people this year though.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Well good luck! I know it will be worth the effort.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Let me know how SDCC was! I plan on going next year as my brother/his family are moving to AZ (like, tomorrow).

I might be back on for NYCC but only for a two-day visit.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So far SDCC is great! All my Cosplay related news/ photos will be on the Custom Costume thread, but long story short, it was a success despite a couple hiccups. I was stopped often and complimented generously. I've attended TEN panels so far and Will be at 5 more tomorrow, including 20th Century Fox for DOFP news. I also got two very cool comics. The first is X-Men Annual #4... Nightcrawler's Inferno from 1980. A good classic book with Nightcrawler's origin, a must have (IMO) for a hardcore fan like myself. The second is actually one of a kind. I got Rob Liefeld (of Deadpool fame) to do a sketch of Nightcrawler. He has never done this character before, so I thought this would be worth way more to me than just a Deadpool or Cable sketch. However, I will say he charges a hefty fee and was kinda rude. By kinda rude I mean I went to his booth to pick it up and he was never there. For almost two hours. The guy in the adjacent chair had to give me my comic... But I'm still happy with how it turned out.
Image Image
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

1) Rob Liefeld IS a rude, notoriously rude, d-bag.

2) I've never seen him draw Kurt. He did a damn good job. Probably wasn't happy you made him draw a character who doesn't have revealed nipples on his/her costume. Regardless, it is quite good. Lucky duck.