The New TMNT Series

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

The New TMNT Series

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So what do we think of the New TMNT series?

I've seen some of it and so far, besides Splinter's design, I appreciate most of the changes.

I wish it wasn't so "kiddified" all the time, but I like that they use their weapons more actively. Granted it's against vegetation-monsters, cyborgs, etc... but at least there's "blood" (oil) and such things. The direction of the show seems to be more mature too.

An April O'Neil & Donatello romance is... interesting. Impractical, but... I'd like to see him stand up for his emotions against the likes of Casey Jones.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: The New TMNT Series

Post by steyn »

Haven't seen any episodes yet, will try and catch it when it gets to SA shores in a year or so, but of what I have seen, I do agree with you on the "kiddified" part. Then again sometimes I wish they wouldn't kiddify most of the cartoons you see today. :\
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Haven't caught any episodes lately. Has it improved or worsened? I heard Casey made his debut in just episode 5, is he relevant to the turtles yet?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

nope, no casey in episode 5, it was baxter stockman, and he didn't turn into a fly, this baxter is just a ticked off employee of a bank that made a robot suit to get revenge.

I'm following the shows and frankly I love the animation. I haven't seen tv animation done this well at all. I love their design, the humour is sometimes very nicely done, however I'm not a big fan of the kiddiefied villians.

I was hoping the previous episode was the making of bebop and rocksteady. it wasn't, it's two others, a dog and a fish

:<
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well I know Casey Jones has been in there 'cause there's a toy for him already! LMAO!

But that's good to know they're being original while trying to do jazz it up. I have to agree, I love the animation as well.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

I really can't remember ever seeing Casey or heard him being mentioned. At all. Then again, they probably made the toys in advance before the shows were aired. Remember, they don't make up these stories and animate them in a week, this all is done months in advance.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's true, but I gotta figure... if the "Volume 1" or "Season 1" toys are out, and in that set is everyone we've seen... and Casey Jones?

At least I think it was Casey Jones :shifty

Now I'm not even sure.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

can you link the toys?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'll try to find 'em.

I saw the set (what I believe was the whole set?) early on Black Friday. As always, Splinter looks silly. I don't like his design in this series.

Here we go, from PlayMates toyline.

.... Metalhead, huh? Missed that.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Metalhead was adorable.

SOme people actually like splinter's new design. He's more of a father than a sensei in the show

*looks at the toys* They didn't get the look of the turtles right. They're not angular enough like the show's. It's like making a batman forever with nipples and clooney jaw, and selling it as a dark knight rises toy.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Probably an attempt to get the old-school fans to buy and collect.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

when the michael bay movie comes out, I hope Hot Toys make tmnt figurines.