Going to meet Alan Davis- And I'm all nerves!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Going to meet Alan Davis- And I'm all nerves!

Post by the_lone_bamf »

So, like a lot of people in this forum I loved Excalibur. It was really the series that solidified my life-long love of comics. And from that series I loved Davis' art (and writing) the most. He really captured the series better than anyone as far as I'm concerned. And he's going to Ohio Comic Con. I sort of dropped everything I was doing to make it to this convention and I'm freaking out a little bit. (Fangirl jitters!) What do I say? How do I avoid totally geeking out? XD I feel like such a dweeb!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: Going to meet Alan Davis- And I'm all nerves!

Post by Slarti »

Oh, I've done the geekout... it's kind of hard not to and these guys have seen it a thousand times, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

But woo! Alan Davis - I'm jealous. He's always been one of my favorites. Good luck and take pics!
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I wanted to give him a little card, just like a thank you card. Because I'm absolutely sure I'm going to be at a loss for words when I'm actually there. But I have no idea how to address it! XD Haha, oh man, I feel better imagining that I'm not the first person to totally geek out at an artist before.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I wish I could go....
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Eeee! He was the nicest guy! I wrote about my experience here!

Here's the sketch I got. <3
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

That is so so awesome!! Sorry I haven't seen this thread before. That is a great drawing and I am super jealous.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!