Comic Book Blow-Out Sale!!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So my local comic book store The Time Capsule has a bi-annual (now combined twice to make a quad-annual?-is that how you'd say that?) back-stock comic book sale!

Everything up to $2.95 is .50 cents and everything between that and $3.95 is 1.00 (according to cover prices).

So I got some crazy stuff.

I bought as much Nightcrawler related material as humanly possible, and I'll be returning on Wednesday to see what I (and other collectors) have missed!

So far I've got:

Nightcrawler #1, I think the first part to the series that I believe is the 12-parter people speak of? By Aguirre-Sacasa?

X-Men Unlimited #49 Which is a GREAT Kurt story, with wonky artwork.

Giant Sized Spider-Man 50th Issue! Which I used to own. First appearance of The Grim Hunter, right after Kraven's death, I believe.

3 Parts of the X-Calibre series from AoA,

Excalibur #'s 29, 105, 109, 112, 119, 121, 122, 123

And of course the books I would normally have in my pull.

Ultimate Comics: All-New Spider-Man #1 FANTASTIC STORY! READ THIS BOOK!! PROWLER!!!

New 52: Batman & Robin It's like nothing to rebooted. I don't get what's going on. And also, as predicted, way too much dark-negative, debbie-downer type-casted dialogue coming from both of them.

ASM #669 Which is the Spider-Island story. It's getting considerably more interesting (more so than I had thought it would) with each issue. Also, Dan Slott is one funny fucker and he writes fantabulous Spider-Dialogue.

Any sales like this around where you guys are? What do you usually grab? What do the sales/prices usually entail?

Also -- What else should I be on the prowl for? This sale is all month long, so I need suggestions!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WENT BACK!!

WOW did I get an amazing pull this time!

Well in my regular pull I got the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain America. Those were very good. I gave in and grabbed Demon Knights upon the suggestion of a very trusted comic fan. (sorta).

After that, it gets a lil' nuts.
In the "sale" half of the store I received:

Tales from Age of Apocalypse Starring the X-Men. It's a trade, sort of. Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, Morph, Magneto, Rogue, Blink, & Sabertooth are all in it. Best part is it's not anything I've read from Astonishing AoA or Weapon X AoA...

Speaking of ...

I got Weapon X: AoA Parts 1, 2, & 3. Not sure if 4 was there or not.

Next Uncanny X-Men #'s 345-350. The intro of Maggot. And yes, Steyn, I got them just 'cause of you. Also, Bachalo... I love this artist, and this is early work on his behalf, so I can't wait to read these.

I got 2-4 of the Magik 4-Issue Limited Series and lemme tell ya, there is some interesting stuff going on in this title.

Then I got Flash #0, "The Beginning of Tomorrow" by Waid. It apepars to be a wrap-up/start-off point for many Flash fans, featuring Wally.

Next up: MORE EXCALIBUR!
This time I got #75 (Shiny cover!), #'s 102 & 103, and #124.

Then it's a Spider-Man & Kitty Pryde Team Up from what looks to be early 80's to late 70's.
Looks interesting. I guess they take on the Morlocks for some reason, will get back to you on that.

Then I got X-Men Manga Issue 1.

X-Men #91 (features a lot of action packed Kitty/Kurt/Colossus stuff)

The entire X-Men: Liberators run by Harris/Jimenez (featuring Crawler, Wolverine, & Colossus).

Then finally...

Uncanny X-Men #390.... THE DEATH OF COLOSSUS!
I GOT IT! I OWN IT! IT'S REALL SAD! :colossus

but I gotta say, this was a great day of comics. My g/f got some sweet stuff too, mostly Black Cat, Cat Woman, Chuck Dixon runs of Robin and of course... CATMAN.

[Edited on 25/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS