Atomic Comics is closed... Damn.

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Atomic Comics is closed... Damn.

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I don't know what this means about the upcoming changes within the comic industry, but I can't help but feel that this is a red flag.

Atomic Comics, which started in 1988 as a Phoenix, AZ comic book store, became a star priority in a list of stops for comic creators. Frequented with signing and other great things.

Brian Michael Bendis, Skottie Young, Dan DiDio, Tom Brevoort, Stan Lee, and so many others have frequented it. It is a part of American Comics history and it is the West Coast equivalent of Midtown Comics (NYC) being closed. (Though I suppose Washington State's Comic Book Ink. would be another big loss for the West'ers.)

Point is -- this is a big deal. A shock to comic creators on Twitter which means it's gotta be more shocking to us as readers. This could mean the start of the decline of comic book shops.

:(

And I thought we had another 3-5 years left...
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS