Confused about Comic order

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

Ok, so I've continued the list of X-Men comics in Chronological order, but everything just goes back and fourth and it's hard to pinpoint which stoylines go where.
I usually just start listing comics depending on which arc they're on, but that doesn't always work, because an arc that starts later can tie into into an arc that starts earlier, while the earlier arc still continues despite that.
My biggest problem is with Heroic age, because sometimes it'll tie into an arc that I've listed down 20~ arcs later.
Does Wolverine Goes to hell happen before or after Heroic Age? What about Chaos War?

I need some help with the correct order.

[Edited on 30/1/11 by Blob55]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Marvel is known for rebooting comics. They have a lot of chronological number orders. I'd google a better response for you (as in, I'd google the actual order) but I'm not sure what you mean by list of X-Men comics.

Are you talking all of them? That's a lot of X-Men.
Do you mean just Uncanny? Just Astonishing? Just "X-Men"?

Wolverine JUST "went to hell" not two months ago, so that would be during "The Heroic Age" or Post-Second Coming.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

This might be of some assistance with the bigger stuff:
[img width=800px height=359px]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_slzL0vHRjtY/T ... 361782.jpg[/img]

AXM hasn't even made it to the Heroic Age. It just kind of does its own thing, so it's probably best to ignore it.

Kieron Gillen said on his Formspring that Nemesis will reference stuff that's gone awry for the X-Men in the previous 6-month (MU time) period in #535. With any luck, it'll be presented in order. ;)

Edit: To accord with maximum image width of 800px; was breaking forum layout.

[Edited on 2/2/11 by HoodedMan]
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

Wahnsinn wrote:This might be of some assistance with the bigger stuff:
[img width=800px height=359px]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_slzL0vHRjtY/T ... 361782.jpg[/img]

AXM hasn't even made it to the Heroic Age. It just kind of does its own thing, so it's probably best to ignore it.

Kieron Gillen said on his Formspring that Nemesis will reference stuff that's gone awry for the X-Men in the previous 6-month (MU time) period in #535. With any luck, it'll be presented in order. ;)
Thanks. Is there an order for Heroic age comics? Some comic arcs have a correct order for the issues, like Chaos War.

I want the timeline for all X-Men comics, plus characters related to the X-Men, as well as comics that involve the X-Men.
It's only really since last year I got stuck with the order.

[Edited on 31/1/11 by Blob55]

Edit: To accord with maximum image width of 800px; was breaking forum layout.

[Edited on 2/2/11 by HoodedMan]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The order would be the numbers on the top or bottom left corners of the page.

You have to realize what you're asking for is quite a lot. That's a lot of comic books. I'm sure Wikipedia has some sources that can help you; however.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:The order would be the numbers on the top or bottom left corners of the page.

You have to realize what you're asking for is quite a lot. That's a lot of comic books. I'm sure Wikipedia has some sources that can help you; however.
I don't mean the number of issues, I mean the chronological order of events in the Arc.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Blob55 wrote: Thanks. Is there an order for Heroic age comics? Some comic arcs have a correct order for the issues, like Chaos War.

I want the timeline for all X-Men comics, plus characters related to the X-Men, as well as comics that involve the X-Men.

No problem. It was a bit easier to read the smaller stuff in the issue itself (Avengers #5).

There's an order for the comics in general, but it seems to be applied retroactively. In other words, you don't really know what the order is until after an arc has finished. The trouble with the arc format is that events that obviously can't be concurrent are being released together.

You'll come up with some helpful results if you google "x-men chronology," but they're largely incomplete because of the aforementioned release order issue.
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

Wahnsinn wrote:
Blob55 wrote: Thanks. Is there an order for Heroic age comics? Some comic arcs have a correct order for the issues, like Chaos War.

No problem. It was a bit easier to read the smaller stuff in the issue itself (Avengers #5).

There's an order for the comics in general, but it seems to be applied retroactively. In other words, you don't really know what the order is until after an arc has finished. The trouble with the arc format is that events that obviously can't be concurrent are being released together.

You'll come up with some helpful results if you google "x-men chronology," but they're largely incomplete because of the aforementioned release order issue.
I've tried that, but some end in 1998, while others end just after House of M.
I got my original order from Revised Chronological X-Men, but that also ends around House of M.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

I ran into one that got as far as Nation X or so and ran across a forum where people were working with more recent arcs. It's a big enough project that I can understand why people would give up after a while. On the plus side, figuring out the order of arcs between UXM and GH is easy 'cause the writer has already stated what it is on his Formspring.