I Met Kevin Conroy -- AND HE'S REALLY COOL!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I went to New York City to the Batman/Superman: Apocalypse premiere in NYC at the Paley Theater. I got to meet Voice Casting Director Andrea Romano (who is super nice), some WB/DC pencil pusher editor jerkoff, and of course, the irrefutable, the charming, the witty, and the incredibly chatty, Kevin Conroy.

Kevin Conroy has been the "Voice of Batman" for the last 19 years. That's pretty much 2 decades people. That's a big deal. This man has helped shape and make more Batman fans than probably Adam West even had time to do.

I think it's safe to say that for a lot of DC readers, when they pick up a Superman or Batman book they now hear the voices of:

Kevin Conroy (The Batman)
Tim Daly (Superman)
Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor)
and Mark Hamil (Luke Sk-IMEAN--The Joker).

These voices defined an era in superhero television, and even television as a whole. It's impressive. The artwork, writing, and stories have all progressed, but one thing remains the same and it's Kevin.

The guy was a blast. I sincerely suggest you all get on Twitter and follow him @KevinConroy. He's a funny dude, a cool cat, and he's got great stories. You never know the next Con he'll drop by at, and my friend and I are now dedicated to hunting him down one more time to get our questions answered. We're going to head to San Diego Comic Con next year (being we already tried to get tickets for NYCC and it was atrociously expensive. Save the pennies people, save 'em).

Also, be sure to pick up the movie. It was great. There's always something in almost every movie that you can sorta pick out and go "This doesn't belong" or "that was lame", but as a whole? The movie does more than its job, the characters are excellent, the animation is stunning, and the voice of Kara (Supergirl) is just plain, 100%, talented. CHECK IT OUT!!

[Edited on 24/9/10 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Green Arrow Short!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

That's awesome Bman, I wonder if you'll meet the rest of the DC voice cast at San Diego
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Supposedly they'll all be there. Tim Daly was at the LA premiere along with the Ed Asner and Summer Glau, (who were both in the movie. Asner as "Granny" and Summer as "Kara/Supergirl").

I really hope there's a panel by that point for the other DC films coming out. A chance to talk to the voice of Flash would be spectacular. (The reason for this is 'cause he's Michael Rosenbaum. Y'know... Lex Luthor from Smallville.) :P

[Edited on 25/9/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Lol, I loved Granny's voice, that cracked me up. The old hag probably smoked when she was young.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The fact that they got Ed Asner, (from Pixar's "Up" ) to do that voice is just... remarkable.