The Walking Dead TV series

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: The Walking Dead TV series

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Maybe Jenner's lying.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Aaahhh,yes.....a very intriguing theory. What if he did lie? And if he lied about that, then who's to say he didn't lie to Rick? :stunned
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm too shocked for words... (except for the ones I'm using now.)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Haaaaaa, whoopsie. Bet somebody's head rolled for that one.

But yeah, figured that was going to happen. Now I just wonder if it'll happen as it did in the comics. Also, I read a spoiler that there will be another major character death by the end of the season and the introduction of a major character from the comics. :shifty So we'll seeeee.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I bet the new character is Tyreese
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Allegedly it's Michonne. And if the other death is correct I'm gonna be pissed because he was one of my favorites in the comics.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Who did you think was the other supposed person to die?

sort of don't want it to be anyone else honestly, 'cause right now the dynamic WITHOUT Shane, would still work. The rift between those who sided with Shane against Rick is still going to be a goo drama point...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

All I can say is...

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

I hate to say I told you so... no, not really. Told you so!

But I saw it while also toddler wrangling, so I'm sure I missed stuff. Gonna watch it again after she goes to bed.... which BETTER be soon...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I can't believe... they were so close to having one canon-nod to the comic series... and they tore its guts out...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I went back to edit this in, but apparently I didn't make the 1-2 hour mark. :/

It just sucks that they wrote Andrea into such a cynical corner that the only way to bring her back to Rick's side is to kill off Dale.

Interesting AMC talks about Daryl in season 3
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Interesting. And I'm really, really thinking they'll use this as a way to pull Rick back in line and Andrea away from the Shane-mentality. And I'm thinking Daryl will be right there with them... possibly taking the Tyreese role. I could see them loving the twist of making the redneck the voice of common sense.

I'm really finding this Randall stuff distasteful, though I'm assuming that is the intended effect – what is the line between right and wrong in survival and all that.

I'm sure this “kid” is bad ju-ju, if only to give our group the higher moral ground and to bring in another group of humans as antagonists. But right now, Dale is right that they're no better than this other group that they're so afraid of. If you looked at it purely from the outside, all the members of that other group know is that our group killed two members of their group. Of course they would retaliate, and when fire is exchanged, it becomes an open game. Who's to say that those two guys Rick killed weren't the Merles of their group and everybody else is just a fellow survivor?

Personally, I think they should have taken Hershel's suggestion and just put the guy down then and there. But, since they didn't, they should have tried to read him out to see if he was bad news before making the decision to dump him 18 miles out or to kill him. Maybe they did, but we weren't told this, so who knows? They could have given him a chance, kept an eye on him, and if he still sets off their spidey senses, then deal with him.

I saw this on another forum and LMAO I had to agree: "Randall himself has an IQ on par with Lori's. You look around, you see these people are willing to put time, effort and resources into you and what? They have to beat information out of you? Dumbass. As soon as the anaesthetic wears off, you sing like a canary, paint yourself as the sweetest, lostest kitten ever to stumble into a scary gang of pirates, you list their inventory from top to bottom and you draw a map in your own blood if necessary to where their camp is. Save the evil whiny crap for later when you've bonded with Shane who's always looking for another vote in his campaign to rule the world."

And, THIS so hard.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Omfg right? I bet Wil Wheaton himself made that. He's apparently a huge Walking Dead fan.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I really wanted to put my hand through the tv and take that kid by the ears.
So I'm thinking, if there's no law anymore, and it's dog eat dog, and they literally have to execute innocent people to protect the group.....then I say let's bring back spanking.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Spanking went out?

I think Wil Cru-Carl Grimes, is gonna need an attitude change soon.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Well, that was fairly satisfying. :cracked
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Carl is Will Crusher, this is a fact. But what's with him raising the gun to his dad, BEFORE Shane came back to life? And the zombies tearing into flesh, is that just Shane's lights going out and him imagining those things? It was rather exciting but... sort of anti-climactic... and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't get why that episode wasn't just the finale?

Also,

FINALLY!!

'Bout time they got to some kind of resolution on that subplot.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I liked this episode and I really liked the new twist on zombification, but it still doesn't explain the car jam people.

Having said that, I have a couple of pet peeves that I'm sure no one wants to hear....so here they are:

What was up with Lori? First she tells Rick that Shane's dangerous and wants what he has and regards the baby as his, yada yada yada......and then she's all nice to Shane, telling him she knows how hard it's been for him and thanks for everything!? Sure, like that's not going to make him think he has another shot with her? IMO that's what pushed him over the edge.

And giving Carl a loaded gun to keep? That doesn't sit right with me. I 've got no problem with him learning how to handle a weapon with adult supervision, but kids don't have the capacity to handle the kind of responsibility it takes to carry one. (And I know all this isn't real), but what I don't understand is Rick's reasoning. Exactly when is Carl going to need this gun? He's not supposed to go walking around alone in the woods. (Doesn't anyone there remember Sophia?) He's supposed to stay put (like he's told) with the group who is supposed to be looking after him. So where are his parents? Apparantly they're too busy with their lives to keep an eye on him.
So instead of being responsible for his kid, Rick's answer is that everyone's going to die anyway so he gives a gun to an eight year old who, everytime he turns around, proves how irresponsible he is? If Rick thought Carl was so responsible, why didn't he give him the keys to the car too, just in case the kid wanted to drive off by himself somewhere and have a beer? I don't even think Wesley Crusher got to carry a loaded phaser around the Enterprise. (Of course, they did let him drive the ship....but at least he had to learn to drive before they gave him a loaded weapon.)
Instead of a gun, they should put a leash on the kid like Mrs. Cartman did to Eric on the Dog Whisperer episode of SouthPark.

So Rick couldn't shoot 2 walkers to save Sophia because loud noise would bring more walkers. Okay, fine.....that's consistant with season 1. So since then, the group's gone practice-shooting, Andrea shot Daryl, they shoot a barnload of zombies....coupled with Shane's ranting and raving beforehand....not to mention Daryl's rinding around on a motorcycle that would set off car alarms, and all the hammering they've been doing while boarding up the windows --and no zombies. Until Carl shoots Shane once and now there are 100 zombies coming out of the woods within sight of the house. *sigh* At least this is consistant with Season 1 and the Season 2's first episode.

And last but not least, Season 2 is almost over and T-Dog is the only character out of the first group who isn't developed much at all. He barely has a speaking role. Everyone is evolving and there's interplay and tensions between them---except for him. Why? They seemed to be setting him up in Season 1 to maybe have some kind of connection to Daryl because of Merle....and he was starting some kind of friendship with Dale.....but then they dropped it. I'd like to know more about this guy and what he thinks and who he is. But he's been like wallpaper. He seems to be the Nightcrawler of the Walking Dead.

So does anyone think that Shane was being affected by the virus and that's why he did what he did?

Do you think they're going to kill off any of the others next week?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Re: the car jam people – I thought the same thing, but on another forum somebody posted an interview with Kirkman explaining that every unanimated corpse in that traffic jam had head trauma, but it may not have been visible in every shot. Sounds like a continuity gaff that they didn't make a point of shooting them to show that, but whatever.

I tried briefly to find that link again, but I'm at work, so bleh.

I tend to agree that Lori probably pushed him over a very narrow edge. He kind of had a stunned look on his face throughout her little speech... must have been his brain breaking. I think he was just crazy all by himself though, no zombie virus required.

Totally agree that in the real world you keep a leash on that kid and in no way let him just carry a gun. In a zombie apocalypse, that brat would be duct taped to my leg. But, if he HAD to be separated, he'd be trained to handle a gun and would have one. Kids can have the capacity to handle that responsibility – they have in the past, and even in the present in other countries.

In the comics, they make a point of showing everyone being trained with guns and the issue of Carl carrying a gun is a major plot point and ongoing fight between Rick, Lori and Shane. I think the argument was just condensed for the show, honestly. People already say it's too talky. Also, in the comics... (SPOILER ALERT!!)
Shane and Rick argue in the woods and Shane pulls his gun on Rick. Carl has followed them, and he shoots Shane dead. There is no immediate zombie Shane.

Yeah, the inconsistencies of when the walkers come calling is kind of annoying. I'm just going to chalk it up to “it's television.”

I think you nailed T-Dog there. While we were watching it I was counting out loud his number of lines this week, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't bite it in the finale. I'm betting all the farm folk except maybe Herschel and Maggie are zombie chow.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

And giving Carl a loaded gun to keep? That doesn't sit right with me. I 've got no problem with him learning how to handle a weapon with adult supervision, but kids don't have the capacity to handle the kind of responsibility it takes to carry one.

... Even in the Zombie Apocalypse?

So since then, the group's gone practice-shooting, Andrea shot Daryl, they shoot a barnload of zombies....coupled with Shane's ranting and raving beforehand....not to mention Daryl's rinding around on a motorcycle that would set off car alarms, and all the hammering they've been doing while boarding up the windows --and no zombies. Until Carl shoots Shane once and now there are 100 zombies coming out of the woods within sight of the house. *sigh* At least this is consistant with Season 1 and the Season 2's first episode.

I'm thinking it took them awhile to get tehre. LOL!

And last but not least, Season 2 is almost over and T-Dog is the only character out of the first group who isn't developed much at all. He barely has a speaking role. Everyone is evolving and there's interplay and tensions between them---except for him. Why? They seemed to be setting him up in Season 1 to maybe have some kind of connection to Daryl because of Merle....and he was starting some kind of friendship with Dale.....but then they dropped it. I'd like to know more about this guy and what he thinks and who he is. But he's been like wallpaper. He seems to be the Nightcrawler of the Walking Dead.
A friend of mine calls him "Negro-Wallpaper" and gets very upset that the characters he feels he should most relate with (due to skin color, which I call him out on all the time, but that's another argument), is almost completely unrelatable.

tend to agree that Lori probably pushed him over a very narrow edge. He kind of had a stunned look on his face throughout her little speech... must have been his brain breaking. I think he was just crazy all by himself though, no zombie virus required.

Let's be honest, Lori and Andrea (if not most of the ladies) have been some of the worst written characters.
I think you nailed T-Dog there. While we were watching it I was counting out loud his number of lines this week, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't bite it in the finale. I'm betting all the farm folk except maybe Herschel and Maggie are zombie chow.
I think I linked earlier that Darryl's actor claimed T-Dog is getting some facetime and is allowing to show himself a bit in both the finalé and the premiere of season 3.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Slarti wrote:Re: the car jam people – I thought the same thing, but on another forum somebody posted an interview with Kirkman explaining that every unanimated corpse in that traffic jam had head trauma, but it may not have been visible in every shot. Sounds like a continuity gaff that they didn't make a point of shooting them to show that, but whatever.
That's interesting and would explain some things. If I see that episode again, I'll look real carefully.
Slarti wrote: In the comics, they make a point of showing everyone being trained with guns and the issue of Carl carrying a gun is a major plot point and ongoing fight between Rick, Lori and Shane. I think the argument was just condensed for the show, honestly.
That makes more sense and would have been more realistic to me. It seemed too rushed to me for Rick to give him the gun for keeps (especially considering how immaturley he was acting). But I guess if Shane was going to die this season, and they wanted Carl to have a part in it, then they had to get that gun in his hand pretty quickly.

To Ult:
(Sorry, I screwed up the quotes)

I'm glad to hear that they're going to give T-Dog some face time. Sadly, I think we knew as much about Randall in a couple of episodes than we know about T-Dog in 2 seasons.

And regarding the racial componant....imo your friend has a right to be upset. How many black people live in Georgia....and only one got away? (Of course there was Duane and Morgan but they're out of the picture (unless they show up later) and Jacqui offs herself at the CDC. There is not, however, a shortage of black zombies.) According to this series, it seems that a zombie apocalypse is a VERY bad thing for black people.

And I saw a rerun of last weeks episode, and you're right.....It looked like Carl was pointing the gun at Rick. Shane hadn't gotten up yet.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

en]In the comics, they make a point of showing everyone being trained with guns and the issue of Carl carrying a gun is a major plot point and ongoing fight between Rick, Lori and Shane. I think the argument was just condensed for the show, honestly.

That makes more sense and would have been more realistic to me. It seemed too rushed to me for Rick to give him the gun for keeps (especially considering how immaturley he was acting). But I guess if Shane was going to die this season, and they wanted Carl to have a part in it, then they had to get that gun in his hand pretty quickly.[/quote]/color]

There were a couple training montages I believe near the end of Season 1 and somewhere in the first half of season 2.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: There were a couple training montages I believe near the end of Season 1 and somewhere in the first half of season 2.
Yeah, the one I saw where they were training everyone to shoot, including Carl, was the one in that first half of Season 2.

And like I said, I don't have a problem with them training him to shoot. Just with him carrying a gun around without adult supervision. But I guess the writers needed him to be alone and packing a gun in order to shoot Shane/zombie Shane. The only other way they could have done it, would have been to have him armed with the weapon he stole from Daryl....armed without the knowledge of Rick which would have been better in my book....(but then it's not my multi-million dollar book/tv series with extremely high ratings. If it were, I'd be posting a lot about it in the coffee thread. lol)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So wait... Lori ... must have short term memory loss or something 'cause... dude. This maken' no sense. Did she not just tell him in the last episode to "take care of him"? Why is he acting distressed? Why she trippin'!?