ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Who am I shitting? Of course you are! You're here aren't you!?

But the question is... how much of a nerd! Lord know I'm gonna try and do this (we all have our price... we're all whores admit it)

and I figured you guys would be interested as well!

I saw this when looking at the site Neling posted. It's MTV's search for True Life Fan boy or fan girl!
MTV Search for Fan

True Life can sometimes be a pretty interesting show or a pretty stupid one. I say we show them that we're not just super geeks who live in their mothers' basements!

We're Super Geeks who pay rent in their mothers' basements!!

(JK)

But I do think it'd be cool if one of us grabbed this. So go for it!!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: Who am I shitting? Of course you are! You're here aren't you!?
Please, do enlight me... How being here makes me a comic nerd? :)

[Edited on 14/1/09 by HoodedMan]
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Freak »

Dear bman, do you really think this story wants anything other than reinforcing the picture of the socially awkward comic nerd that speaks Elvish?

It's MTV, for crissake, they did "The Beauty and the Nerd" :P
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Please, do enlight me... How being here makes me a comic nerd?
Said the man using a Nightcrawler Smilie on Nightscrawlers.com in Non-NC Comics & Comic Related Stuff section.

:tonguewag
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Ult_Sm86 wrote:
Please, do enlight me... How being here makes me a comic nerd?
Said the man using a Nightcrawler Smilie on Nightscrawlers.com in Non-NC Comics & Comic Related Stuff section.

:tonguewag

So you define me as a comic nerd because I hang out on this forum. You do understand that I am not the one who chooses the forum name nor it's design?

I read comics yes, but that's where it pretty much ends.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So don't do it lol, I don't care. I was just putting this in here for people who are interested.

If you're not... then stop posting in here so you do not have to keep looking at it.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Ult_Sm86 wrote:So don't do it lol, I don't care. I was just putting this in here for people who are interested.

If you're not... then stop posting in here so you do not have to keep looking at it.
Eh, please, did I say that I don't like the layout?

No, I was merely answering to your stupid argument that wasn't really an argument at all.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Therein making your argument stupid because you're giving rebuttal to a non-existent argument?

Dude, it's cool. Don't worry about it okay? You don't want to do it, don't. It's fine. I just threw it up here, knowing perfectly well someone on this site might be interested. That's all. No need to go on about this.

And what happened to this thread why's it all mish-mashed. Looks like the Warner Brothers (and Warner Sister, Dot) went at this thing.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Angelique »

And, you know, some people here are kind of proud to be called comic book nerds, even if we don't fit the stereotypes to a tee.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Elfdame »

Hmm ... I AM a congenital nerd ... I like comics sometimes ... and I lived at home til I was 25. Does that count?

Nah ... I don't like comics enough. And I don't have tv so I don't know anything about their shows.

Fanfic nerd, however ... now there they'd have a weiner in me! Guess I'll have to bide my time.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by neling4 »

I lived at home (off and on) until I was thirty! Then I met Mr. neling4 in graduate school. I liked his cute, curly, Nightcrawlerish hair. (How nerdy is that?) Sometimes Mr. neling4 offers to paint himself blue. He's so sweet!

My son said to me once, "Mom, you are such a nerd!" because I collect comic books. He said it was a compliment. I believe him, of course!

Do I win the Nerd prize??? :pant
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Elfdame »

Sometimes Mr. neling4 offers to paint himself blue. He's so sweet!
Sometimes when I'm sweet-talking Hubby, I say, "I couldn't love you more if you had blue fur and a tail."

Fortunately, he takes this in the proper context.

Okay, I'll never be as nerdy as some, but I have had young ladies comment about how my house is decorated in Spider-man. One 20ish gal asked if Hubby wasn't jealous, and I said, "Oh, no, Honey, I don't love Spidey that way."
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

My g/f doesn't like that I love Spider-Man the way I do. Not only does she say it's a man-love, but she accuses me of preferring to be watching a spider-man film than her undress. Well I'm sorry that she chooses to do that WHILE Spider-Man is on, you know I can only pay attention to one thing at a time.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

ARE YOU A COMIC NERD!?

Post by Elfdame »

Cheez, dude, that's what I keep telling my HUSBAND! (Not)

Then there was the day I let the 4 yr old use the Etch A Sketch and she spelled "BAMF."

I kid you not.

PS - I'm sorry that once again I have hijacked a thread. I think it's a congenital wossname, defect, in my personality. Maybe I should start a new thread ... or find an old one; I'm sure you guys have discussed the topic of:
DEAD GIVEAWAYS THAT YOU ARE INDEED A COMIC NERD

[Edited on 14/1/09 by Elfdame]