Harry Potter

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Harry Potter

Post by wolviechickie »

Is anyone a Harry Potter fan?

I am:)
Taryn
Lubber
Lubber

Harry Potter

Post by Taryn »

Oh, most definitely. ^__________^

--Taryn
Nightfang
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Harry Potter

Post by Nightfang »

He's OK. I'm mad at Rowling, 'cause she made everything that I used to like into a fad... and... *sniff* nevermind. I guess I am. :D
In.sane. (in. sâne’) a. Unsound in mind; mentally diseased; lunatic. See also, Nightfang.

Love for Morph & Nocturne Organization (LMNO) #3

The more people I meet, the more I love my cat.
Fuzzy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Harry Potter

Post by Fuzzy »

NO! Boo, Harry Potter!!!

BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Harry Potter

Post by BAMFCentral »

A friend of mine got me addicated.

Here read this it will be fun!

Well if you say so........

3 short days later, I was done with the first book and off in search of the rest of the series....

But if she (Rowling) doesn't get off her duff and get the next books out, she might not have that many fans left.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Harry Potter

Post by ahmed »

Next one comes out sometime next year, I think. I think in January, or July(I don't remember.)

And, obviously, I'm a fan.
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Harry Potter

Post by Malice »

I admit, I use to HATE Harry Potter with a passion. Never wanted to read the books or anything, then my sister left her Harry Potter books in my room one night and I had trouble sleeping, so I picked it up and said 'What the hey.. I'm sure this will put me to sleep." and I became hooked on it since that night. I'm a fan now. :)
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Harry Potter

Post by Garble »

My mom bought me all the books 2 christmases ago. I looked at her like "Do I LOOK 11 years old?" But I started reading the first one and within a week I'd finished them all.

Who knew something popular with the pokemon generation could be good?
Taryn
Lubber
Lubber

Harry Potter

Post by Taryn »

Same thing happened to me, Malice. ^_^; I was /so/ not going to read them, because they were childish and a stupid fad, and I hate fads. And then my dad (of all people, a very intellectual reader) brought home the first one, read it, and then goes, "Taryn, you have to read this!" So, with a bit of coaxing, I gave in. And became hooked. Finished the first three in one day each, and the fourth in two. ^_^;;

I don't think it's exactly J.K. Rowling's fault that Harry Potter became a bit of a fad... She just wrote the books. Well, I guess you could say she sold out, since she sold the rights for toys and the movies and all that...

--Taryn
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Harry Potter

Post by MabusRex »

*whispers* wrong forum...

But yeah, I'm a big HP fan. Got the entire series in Hardcover. Must read it again. :)
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Harry Potter

Post by Garble »

Well, she was on welfare when she wrote the first one. So, I can see why she'd sell the merchandising rights.

As it is now, she's like the richest living author in the world.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Harry Potter

Post by Nandireya »

I saw the first movie...only because I took my niece to see it...it wasn't bad, but I refused to buy the DVD because Warner released it in Pan & Scan NOT widescreen (IDOTS!)...but I wouldn't call myself a fan...

I might go and see the next one...especially if there's a certain trailer on with it ;)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Harry Potter

Post by MabusRex »

Even though the movie was fairly faithful to much of the book, I still felt the book was more entertaining. I don't care about live action, but the novels themselves work very well.

EDIT: Crap. Sounds like Richard Harris (the actor playing Dumbledore, died. Poopy :(
Taryn
Lubber
Lubber

Harry Potter

Post by Taryn »

Um, Nandireya? Warner released the DVD in BOTH Pan & Scan and Widescreen. ^_^; I own the Widescreen version.

I don't find it much of a surprise that the books would be more entertaining, as books tend to always be better than the movies... But I agree, I still enjoyed the movie very much. ^_^

--Taryn
AquaFlame
Lubber
Lubber

Harry Potter

Post by AquaFlame »

Am I a fan?

HECK YEAH! :D
I love the Harry Potter series. I've always been interested in ghosts, goblins, witches, vampires, etc...

I started reading them just to see what they were like (even though all my friends told me that they sucked) and, after the first book, I got hooked. I read all four of the books within less than a week.

Although, my best friend, Courtney continuously asked me why I continued to read them. Then, one time, she had to read the first book for a school report and got hooked as well. :naughty: :LOL:
"What?! Boom-Boom?! You're gonna place my life in the hands of a maniac?" Kurt from Evo.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Harry Potter

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

eh...i like the books, i love to read, so of course...but then the movie came out and .ehh they really left it in pieces. My dad made the comment
"Is this just some movie about a boy and his adventures through life?"
I mean the movie makes it seemt hat way, and a movie is supposed to bring the best it can from a novel onto screen. They cut it all up and it seems like one of those disney movies where they take a bunch of episodes and hook 'em all together. Tho the second one is supposedly much better. (Tho richard harris dies, so the third should suck greatly.)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Harry Potter

Post by wolviechickie »

I love em.
I saw the 1st in the school librby and every1 told me how good it was so I saw and I gave up and read it...ywo hours later I was desperate to find the 2nd...