Michael Turner Passes Away

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Michael Turner Passes Away

Post by Starfish »

From the official Aspen Comics homepage:

Hello all,

Unfortunately it's with great sadness that I must inform everyone that Michael Turner tragically passed away last night, June 27th at approximately 10:42 pm in Santa Monica, Ca. Turner had been dealing with recent health complications arisen in the past few weeks. More details concerning Turner's passing, and services, will be given shortly.

Anyone wishing to send their condolences to Michael Turner's family is encouraged to send to:

Aspen MLT, Inc.
C/O Michael Turner
5855 Green Valley Circle, Suite 111
Culver City, CA, 90230

Aspen also encourages anyone wishing to make a charitable donation to please send to Michael Turner's requested charities:

The American Cancer Society

Or

The Make-A-Wish Foundation

Vince Hernandez

I extend my condolences to Michael's family and friends.

Here's a very nice article about these sad news on Newsarama: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080628-Turner.html

As with a lot of comic book artists, Michael had a very distinctive style that many people either liked or disliked. Personally, I have always been a big fan of his work. It were some of his titles that drew me into the world of comics several years ago, and I have followed his work since then.

But regardless of individual preferences, everyone had to admire Michael's dedication to his art and his fans. Despite his long, difficult and painful battle with cancer, he never stopped making the art he deeply cared about. His passion and enthusiasm about his work has been a source of inspiration for many.

He will be missed.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen