4/15 Issue: No Apologies

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/15 Issue: No Apologies

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a few days after Cessation of Hostilities.

Carol: Carol sat in the guinea pig room watching Chewie watch the guinea pigs. She hadn't tried to eat any yet which... was surprising. Yoda was somewhere in the house playing with Sharky and hopefully not chewing on any of Sebastian's over-priced shoes... or shitting in them. She should probably take him for a walk soon.

Bobby: Bobby had wanted to wait for Carol to be alone, but he was sick of waiting. Whatever. He entered the house through a ventilation duct, locating Carol quickly. Then, he got cold feet.

Carol: Carol laughed as Chewie decided one of the long haired guinea pigs needed a tongue bath. This was followed by Chewie's instant regret. Long hair was long. The guinea pig didn't seem to mind one way or the other. "Dumbass," Carol teased.

Bobby: May as well rip the bandaid off. He materialized in the room. "You called?"

Carol: Several things happened at once. Chewie yeowled and darted under a table, the guinea pigs ran for their lives and Carol was on her feet, lit up with energy in an instant. "Fuck! Don't do that!"

Bobby: He was glad he'd stayed iced up for the sudden flare of heat. "Sorry." Not really, but it was polite, he supposed.

Carol: Carol relaxed, dismissing the energy and crouching to coax Chewie out from under the table, "Sneaking up on me after the week I've had really isn't smart..." she glanced up at Bobby, "How are you doing?"

Bobby: "The week you've had?" It was out before he thought better of it, so he made a face but just crossed his arms and stayed iced up. "I'm fine."
Carol: She raised an eyebrow, "Sure you are. You want some coffee? ... Or some pants?"

Bobby: "Hey, I stayed iced up to protect your delicate sensibilities." To drink coffee, he'd have to de-ice. He sighed. "Yeah, coffee sounds good, so I suppose pants would be too."

Carol: "I picked up some of your clothes when I picked up Yoda - they're in the basement apartment." She gave up trying to convince Chewie it was safe to come out and straightened up again, "I'll go put a pot on..."

Bobby: "Okay, thanks. I'll, uh, go do that..." He looked down at the cat. "Aren't you supposed to be a super smart alien cat or something? I can't be that scary."

Carol: "I think she's mad because she was making friends with the guinea pigs and you scared the shit out of all of them... She'll get over it."

Bobby: "Whoopsie..." He looked at the colorful plastic tubs the little critters were hiding in. One was peeking out at him, its nose twitching.

Carol: "They'll forget all about it if you bring them veggies. They're very motivated by food." Carol advised, opening the door once she was sure no one would escape.

Bobby: "Aren't we all." Speaking of, he'd be starving once he shifted. "I'll meet you in the kitchen. With pants. Promise."

Carol: "Okay, don't get lost." Tiny stumpy-legged footsteps could be heard on the stairs. Yoda had realised daddy was here! ... And Sharky was following close behind.

Bobby: Bobby heard the little feet too, but he wasn't quite ready for that, so he dissolved back into vapor to find his way downstairs.

Carol: Two very confused corgi shaped things found Carol in the kitchen so she distracted them with treats while she waited for the coffee to brew.

Bobby: A little while later and after Bobby had spent a few minutes staring at his own reflection in the mirror in Carol's bathroom, he emerged. Slowly, he made his way to the kitchen, glad he hadn't yet encountered any Shaws. He wasn't sure he could handle Sebastian right now.

Carol: Carol was sitting at the table with two cups of coffee when Bobby came up the stairs, Sharky stayed put in the kitchen but Yoda was determined to attack his daddy with licks this time.

Bobby: Bobby laughed despite himself when Yoda scurried over, Scooby Dooing on the probably very expensive wood floor. He crouched to meet the dog for pets. "I'm sorry, boy. Were you good for Carol?"

Carol: "He was great," Carol smiled, "He and Sharky have been charging around the place like crazy. Miriam thinks its awesome... Chewie, not so much."

Bobby: "I bet," he chuckled, wrestling the corgi a little. "At least you still love me, right?"

Carol: Carol watched him, feeling guilty for all the trouble she'd caused. "I'm sorry, Bobby..."

Bobby: He sighed and straightened up, going to the table to pick up the coffee. "No, it's not your fault, babe."

Carol: "Well I sure didn't help...." she rested her hands around her mug.

Bobby: "It's a shit situation for all of us," he said flatly, taking a seat.

Carol: "Yeah..." she sighed heavily, knowing this probably wasn't going to go over well, "And it was all for nothing anyway because Rogue finally put on her big girl panties and told Tony her damn self."

Bobby: Bobby nearly dropped the cup.

Carol: "Tony apparently took it fine... so all her drama and threats were for nothing."

Bobby: He just closed his eyes. If he didn't know he was in his human form, he would have sworn he was still vapor. He felt nothing.

Carol: "I don't know if she knows what happened on your side of things... maybe you'll get an apology..." Not that it would mean much now.

Bobby: "An apology? Ha!" He looked over at her with a weary smile and cooled the coffee enough to take a sip. It still burned going down.

Carol: "She owes you that at least... she owes me one too but I doubt I'll get one..."

Bobby: "Neither will I." He set the cup down and crossed his arms on the table, flopping face-first onto them.

Carol: She sighed and leaned to rest a hand on his shoulder, "Is there anything I can do? Whatever it is... you just have to ask..." Except cooking.

Bobby: "Nah, there's nothing anyone can do." He sighed, although he did appreciate the sentiment.

Carol: "Well, maybe not right now... but there's no time limit on my offer..." she rubbed his shoulder a little, "For now... alternative offer... pizza?"

Bobby: "I haven't eaten in..." How long had he been gone? "A while."

Carol: "And I can't cook so we're limited to takeout until Jess gets home..." she opened the secret takeout menu drawer and plonked the stack on the table. "Take your pick."

Bobby: Bobby raised his head and frowned at the stack. "I'm not hungry. Where's the scotch?"

Carol: She sighed and picked up her coffee, inclining her head in indication for him to follow her, "Across the hall."

Bobby: Making a face at himself, he waved her off. "No, never mind. That's stupid. I'm stupid. That's what got us all into the shit in the first place."

Carol: "So what do you want to do? You wanna go home? To the asylum?" she took a sip of her coffee, "I... still haven't been back there."

Bobby: "Yeah, I figured. I checked there first and it's pretty dead." He huffed, sliding down in the seat and staring at the pile of menus. "I have no idea, babe."

Carol: "Then how about we start with food? Then we can take you and Yoda home and figure out if you wanna stay there or hang out in the asylum with me for a while. I'm gonna be there full time again... I just wanted a few days of actual sleep before I went back..."

Bobby: "I haven't slept either. Don't really need to when I'm... hanging out in the air." He brooded for a bit, making a face at those menus. "I should let her have the house, so yeah... the nuthouse seems fuckin' appropriate."

Carol: "I don't need to sleep, technically... but I like to... gives my brain a rest, you know? Got a lot going on in there every day... even if no one actually believes that."

Bobby: "Well, my guess is Rogue won't be after you anymore, and she can't kill me, sooo..."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 4/15 No Apologies

Post by Esynthia »

Rogue told Carol she would tell Tony! Good grief.

Rogue has no desire to kill Bobby. Although she is a little frustrated that he never checked her side of the story. :shifty