1/7 Issue: Knight in Shining Nitinol

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

1/7 Issue: Knight in Shining Nitinol

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: The weekend after the 4th of July

Tony: "Yeah, just put it... somewhere over in that - not there!" Tony did not trust hired hands to transport his pet project, so he'd made the hands. Well, they were technically pincers. Now, he wasn't sure he trusted the pincers he'd made. "Okay, nevermind! Just... carefully! Down... there! Yeah, that's... well, it's close enough."

Rogue: "Tony?" Rogue stopped at the top of the stairs, hands on her hips, head tilted in question. "Sugah? Do y' need mah help with... whatever that is?" Her eyes shifted from him to the clawed mechanical things handling a rather large metal... crate? Box? Thing. "Mah hands're much softer an' easier on things than those, Ah bet."

Tony: "I'm sure my little friends can-" The box clanked when one side hit the ground. "Nope! Scratch that! As in, they scratched it! Time for a woman's touch! Put it down, boys!" The robots let the box fall, the contents shifting, and Tony covered his face with both hands.

Rogue: Before Tony had even opened his mouth to answer, Rogue had taken off her bracelet, just in case. She let it drop to the rug as she propelled herself to catch the box a second before it clattered to the ground. She gently shifted it in her arms while she hovered a few inches above the ground and looked around it at Tony. "Why didn't y' just call me t' move whatever it is anyway? Y' f'rget Ah c'n do this kinda thing?"

Tony: Tony gestured at his robot assistants and gave her an innocent blink. After a moment, he stooped and picked up the bracelet. "You can, uh, just put it over there, by the workstation."

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and laughed at his expression, then flew the thing where he had directed her. "Y' just didn't wanna ask f'r mah help, did y'? Wanted t' see if y' could build somethin' t' take mah place f'r movin' things, Ah bet." She slowly and gently put the box down, like one would with a newborn, with no effort, but plenty of care.

Rogue: Once it was on the ground, she turned to face him on the other side of the room, "Don't y' know Ah've got th' softest touch?"

Tony: "Soft, but perfectly firm." Tony gave her a smirk and went to her, handing the bracelet back over. "Thank you." He glanced at the robot assistants. "No, they're from the White House. From the private lab I had installed when I was elected so I couldn't go completely nuts."

Rogue: She accepted the bracelet with a smile and immediately put it back on so Tony would be safe. Tank top and cut offs did not a protective outfit make. "Ah see. So, this giant thing," Rogue turned to face the box she had just moved, "is a project y' did t' keep y'self fr'm goin' completely nuts?" She threw him a grin over her shoulder. "An' here Ah thought Ah kept y' sane all on mah own."

Tony: "You," he agreed, grinning as he stepped up to her and gave her a soft kiss. "And this." Tony tapped in a code and waited for the box to open.

Rogue: Rogue's mouth formed a small 'o' in slight surprise that he admitted she kept him sane instead of being the reason he needed to be kept sane. She slipped her hand into his once he was done with the code and blinked at the box when the airlock hissed and it opened to reveal lots of bright red metal in the shape of a person. "Should Ah be jealous?"

Tony: Tony laughed. "No, unless you're jealous of me." His head cocked. "Though, to be fair, who wouldn't be?" Taking a step closer, he flourished at the apparent robot. "Anna Marie, meet Mark III."

Rogue: "'Course Ah ain't jealous o' you. We're equals, remember?" She smiled at him and then looked back at the robot, waiting for it to talk or move like every other AI he built with a body. "Mark III? Mark one an' two go missin'?" Rogue kept watching it, but it wasn't doing anything. "Do y' gotta turn it on 'r somethin'?"

Tony: "Do you want to turn it on? Since you're good at turning me on, I'm sure you'll be a natural." He gave her a bright grin.

Rogue: She laughed at his joke and stepped into him for a kiss. "Show me th' right buttons t' push an' Ah c'n turn anythin' on."

Tony: Laughing, he returned the kiss, then moved close to the creation in the box. After a moment of fiddling, he had its head in his hands and held it out to her. "First impressions?"

Rogue: "Um..." She held her hands out, trepidatious, watching his face to make sure he hadn't been lying about it keeping him sane. After a moment, she took it and looked it over. "It's lighter'n Ah thought it'd be." Rogue looked at the hole in the bottom, then up at him, confused, "There's nothin' inside it."

Tony: "That's the idea!" He took the helmet back and pressed a hidden button. The shiny object opened with smoothly sliding panels and he dropped it on his head. The mask closed automatically and Tony closed his eyes for a moment as the AI booted up. "It's me! Only.... better." His voice was modulated a little by the speaker.

Rogue: Rogue stared in disbelief for a beat and then laughed, surprised and excited by the discovery of it being a helmet. "That's amazin'!" She moved to look at the side where the panels had opened and reached up to run her fingertip over where the seams should be. "Y' cain't improve on perfection, Tony," she mused when she got back to the front of him. "Though, this'd go a long way t' keep y' fr'm bein' smashed by th' baddies who like t' try an' smash me."

Tony: "Thanks! Yeah, it's... well, you've seen my repulsors." He waved his hand, free of said hidden weapons today. "The suit has lots of little surprises like that, plus, yep, it makes me far less... squishy."

Rogue: "So... Th' whole thing?" Rogue's eyes drifted from the helmet to the rest of it, still in the box. She stepped up to it and didn't touch, but did look it over carefully. "Tony," a slow grin spread on her face and she looked at him over her shoulder, "are y' a knight in shinin' armor?"

Tony: He laughed. "I suppose I am, although it's a little more complicated than full plate. Well. Actually, I could use a squire because getting it on and off is still a work in progress. He's Mark III because his first two brothers... had some problems."

Rogue: Rogue stood from where she'd crouched to look over the leg armor and laughed, "Y' mean y' don't like y' claw buddies?" She stepped back in front of him and frowned as she looked over the face of the thing. "Problems? Like, bein' able t' see?" She waved her hand in front of the eyes.

Tony: Tony caught her hand easily. "Peripheral vision is a work in progress, yeah. The eye slits aren't the only input, though. Sensors, AI, the whole nine yards." He laughed at her comment. "I built the claw buddies after, uh, getting stuck in Mark I..."

Rogue: She startled when he caught her hand, her mouth forming a small 'o' again. "That's incredible, Tony." And then what he said sunk in, "Y' got stuck?! When was that?"

Tony: He shrugged. "Not long after I was elected. Honestly, the, uh, little attempt on my life by Sebastian's son made me realize I needed a little something extra."

Rogue: Rogue's jaw tightened a bit. Sebastian's son. The clone. Essex. She tried to shake her thoughts and gave him a tight smile. "That was smart. Most powerful man in th' world should always have some kind o' protection, even if it is made o'...whatever this is made from."

Tony: "It's technically a titanium alloy called nitinol, but I made a few adjustments. Created my own blend. Lighter that way. The first one... way too heavy." He kept hold of her hand and turned to look at the suit. "This version is more modular, but... obviously still bulky. I need to get the size down."

Rogue: "Y' gonna make another one?" She held his hand a little tighter than normal, just to remind herself that the voice really was Tony. "Why didn't y' tell me y' were makin' somethin' like this?" Her eyes traced the shapes of the suit. Nitinol blend. Nothing she'd ever heard of.

Tony: "It's a work in progress! There's always another one. That's science." He grinned though she couldn't see it. "Nobody knows. Well, Fury. And Hope. Rhodey. Sebastian. And now, you!"

Rogue: Rogue cut her eyes to him, or, rather, to the helmet. "Shaw knew b'fore me? Ah'm touched that Ah fall so low on y' list o' important people."

Tony: Tony retracted his hand to fumble with the helmet and get it off. "I also knew Sebastian and Rhodey and the rest before I met you, Anna."

Rogue: "Ah know y' did." She grimaced and kept her attention on the suit. "Shaw's just a sore spot f'r me. Sorry." Rogue ventured out with a single finger to touch the chest plate. "How does he work?"

Tony: "I know." He freed himself from the helmet and shook out his hair, watching her fondle his chest. Plate. "Well, he's powered by a very small arc reactor, which in turn is powered by a very, very small piece of very expensive metal. It's self-contained fusion."

Rogue: When she heard his voice instead of the modulator, she turned to smile at him. "Self-contained? So could he go off on his own without y' inside t' drive?"

Tony: He grinned. "Drive? Do you see any wheels? And in theory, yes, because of his artificial intelligence programming. But I'm the real brains behind the brawn."

Rogue: "Fine, without y' inside t' walk," she corrected and poked her tongue out at him. "Y're brains an' brawn, sugah. Rolled int' one sexy as hell package."

Tony: "He can walk, but he prefers to fly." Tony widened his eyes at her, then thought about it. "That's also still a work in process." Tucking the helmet under his arm he leaned to give her a kiss.

Rogue: "Fly?!" Rogue's eyes lit up and she accepted the kiss happily, grinning at him when they broke apart. "We could fly t'gether?" Work in progress or not, she was so excited. She hadn't been able to fly with someone she loved in over a decade.

Tony: "We could. In fact, I could definitely use an experienced flight instructor." He snagged her with his free arm to pull her in for another kiss.

Rogue: Rogue squealed in delight and her arms went around his neck, kissing him hard. "Wanna go out f'r a spin now? Or does he need some tweakin' first?" She kissed him again just for the hell of it.

Tony: "Oh, he needs a lot of tweaking, but we can work on him later today if you're not busy." Tony laughed, bending her back a little to return the kiss. "After we do a little tweaking of our own?"

Rogue: "Y' think we need tweakin', huh? Ah thought we were doin' just fine in that area." She smiled up at him, happier than she'd been in a while. "What is it with me fallin' f'r guys Ah gotta teach how t' fly?"

Tony: "See, you even have job experience." Tony laughed, taking in her bright smile. "Luckily for you, I'm a quick study, in all kinds of areas."

Rogue: "Quick study, eager t' learn, an' definitely th' most intuitive student Ah've ever had. Y' know what t' do b'fore Ah've even uttered a sound." Rogue stepped back from him and held out her hands for the helmet. "One thing first, though. Ah don't want him in th' bedroom."

Tony: "No? He can't be my spotter?" He cocked his head and held up the helmet to pout into its slitted eyes. "She just doesn't understand, yet." Tony gave the helmet a shake and set it back in place.

Rogue: "Y' think y' gonna need a spotter, huh?" Once Mark III had his head back, Rogue stepped up to whisper in Tony's ear. "Am Ah too much f'r y' t' handle by y'self?"

Tony: Tony shivered and turned back to her. "Far too much, and just enough." He smirked and caught her by the back of her head, fingers threading into her hair. "Good thing I'm Tony Stark, huh?" He kissed her.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone