1/3 Issue: Five Star Service

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/3 Issue: Five Star Service

Post by Slarti »

Timelined sometime during the drama.

Shinobi: The piano player missed a note and Obi wondered if the guy would be fired for that at the end of the song. He winced in sympathy at Hope, then took a sip of his aperitif. "Whoops."

Hope: Hope was unable to hide her smirk at him, sipping her scotch. This man... Everything he did just made her smile. "Maybe we can leave him a good tip to help him out."

Shinobi: He grinned. "Wow, you're feeling charitable? Is it the atmosphere or the company?"

Hope: "What can I say? You're rubbing off on me." She slid her foot to press against his.

Shinobi: "Literally," he said into his glass as he took a drink, arching a brow at her. "But, more thoroughly later."

Hope: Hope's smirk widened. "Is that a promise, Mr. Shaw?" she asked him, eyes glued to his.

Shinobi: "Absolutely." The name made him smirk and he set his glass down, taking her free hand from the tablecloth and giving it a kiss, his eyes on hers.

Hope: She knew he could feel how her heart just fluttered through the link when he did that. On the outside, however, she just matched his smirk with her own, sighing contently. "I'll hold you to that promise." She gave his hand a bit of a squeeze.

Shinobi: Obi returned the gesture and a more genuine smile, keeping her hand as he reached for his drink with his other. "I look forward to it."

Hope: Hope squeezed his hand, setting her glass down to twirl a bit of her hair. "How was work today?"

Shinobi: "Boring. How was yours?" He watched her play with her hair. They'd been scheduling more free time together and he was grateful. Especially considering the clusterfuck with Drake his father had told him about.

Hope: "I'm sorry, Obi," she told him, twisting the curl around her finger. "Mine was fine. Working out the bugs in a new project. I know why Dad preferred the R and D floor to the CEO office."

Shinobi: He took a sip and followed the movement of her finger with his eyes. "Have you talked to him recently?"

Hope: "Not in a couple of days. We have a shareholder meeting soon though, so I'm sure I'll get an earful around that time."

Shinobi: "Yeah, I bet." To warn, or not to warn? That was one hell of a question.

Hope: "Stocks are soaring with our last launch of products, so I'm not too worried," she assured him, dropping the curl in favor of her scotch again, taking a sip.

Shinobi: "Awesome." He meant it, despite his distraction. "Did he say anything about what he's going to do when he's out of office?"

Hope: "I believe he wants to get back to doing what we do best... tinkering with electronics. He never liked the business half of the company," she shrugged a little. "We'll see, I guess."

Shinobi: "We'll see," he agreed. "Since he's settling down in Boston, apparently." Obi paused when the waiter appeared.

Hope: "For sure," she agreed, smiling up at their server. Hope ordered the sautéed shrimp appetizer and the rack of lamb for her meal... and more scotch.

Shinobi: Obi ordered another drink and scallops, since she'd want part of his anyway. When the waiter left he licked his lips. "Has Tony said anything about his... relationship? Like how it's going?"

Hope: "I think he bought her a house," Hope admitted, sitting back in her seat. "So that's weird."

Shinobi: "Yeah," it was definitely weird. "So you haven't seen it? Or Rogue?"

Hope: "No offense to them... but no. I uh..." she shifted uncomfortably. "I don't really want to be around my dad girlfriend. It gets.... weird."

Shinobi: "Yeah, that's understandable, especially since she was at the school with you." His nose wrinkled and he took a drink. So she had no idea what was going on. Whew.

Hope: "Yeah... it's weird right? Like she's so much younger than him. It's weird." But then again... so was Sebastian and Jess. These May/December relationships were just... weird to her.

Shinobi: Obi shrugged one shoulder. "Some guys want them young." He gave her a grin and took a longer drink. "And some women like to rob the cradle."

Hope: Hope laughed, grinning widely at him. "This is why I love you."

Shinobi: "Love you, too." He laughed.

Hope: Hope grinned happily at him, relaxing in her chair. "I guess it will be weird with Dad out of office, really...." she trailed off, somewhat lost in her own thoughts.

Shinobi: "It'll definitely be weird. I wonder if he'll be under foot or if he'll really just stick to his own projects. You Starks do like to meddle."

Hope: Hope grinned again, looking over at him. "Meddle is our middle name?"

Shinobi: "All aboard the HMS Jarvis?" He laughed at his own joke and finished his drink just as another arrived with their appetizers.

Hope: Thanking them, Hope finished her drink and sent it away with the waiter. "All aboard," she teased. "Have you thought about what you'd want to do after you retire"

Shinobi: He cocked his head. "Do lawyers retire? I thought we just sort of kept practicing until someone has to wheel us into court on a dolly."

Hope: Giggling, Hope watched him, a smile just stuck on her face when she was with him. "Then they wheel you to the golf course."

Shinobi: "Exactly! I should probably work on my game though, before the rheumatism kicks in."

Hope: "Then you can go to the club and sit in the sauna and gossip like old ladies," Hope laced their fingers together as she grinned.

Shinobi: "I don't get naked with other dudes. That's dad's gig." He squeezed her hand.

Hope: "They might let you wear your shorts," she offered, squeezing back.

Shinobi: "Still..." He shuddered dramatically. "I think I'll save the view for you."

Hope: "I approve," she nodded a bit, smirking at him. "It is... my favorite view."

Shinobi: Obi looked toward the wall of windows overlooking Central Park. "Over this view? Wow, I'm flattered."

Hope: "Any day," she said quickly and easily, never taking her eyes from him.

Shinobi: He grinned at her. "We're not going to make it to dessert, are we?"

Hope: "If dessert is at home...." she shrugged, grin back in place. "I have some ideas."

Shinobi: "is that so? Well, I suppose we should work up our appetites." Obi let go of her hand to gesture at their cooling seafood.

Hope: Biting back a sigh, Hope had to agree with him. She smiled again, before sampling her shrimp. What was she going to do with this man? "You're right of course."

Shinobi: "And now you're admitting I'm right? Are you sure you feel okay?" He laughed and picked up his fork to take a bite. Mmm, butter.

Hope: "I'll feel better after dessert," she teased, smirking as she took another bite.

Shinobi: Obi chuckled softly and speared another scallop to offer it to her.

Hope: Beaming, Hope leaned in to take her bite, eyes locked on his as she did. "Mmmm... that's fantastic."

Shinobi: His grin was slow and dirty as he watched her lips wrap around the fork. "It is, isn't it."

Hope: "Mmmhmmmm..." Hope agreed, melting a little at his gaze. She swallowed hard, a wave of gratefulness washing over her. She'd grown somewhat used to these moments. Moments where she was suddenly so thankful for everything she had now. "Hey... I love you," she told him softly.

Shinobi: Obi's head tilted a little and he studied her, then held her gaze. "I love you, too." He felt something in the link but he was no telepath so it was always a little hard to decipher.

Hope: She breathed easier, relaxing again. "Anything you'd like to do this weekend?"

Shinobi: That brought his leer back online. "Other than you?"

Hope: Hope smirked back, reaching for his hand. "Well.... that's what I had in mind at least."

Shinobi: "It's a solid plan." He took another bite, watching her and dropping the fork to take her hand. His thumb rubbed over her skin.

Hope: Hope bit her lower lip a bit, swallowing. Could they just get their food to go? "We could take a trip somewhere... or we could just stay home..."

Shinobi: "Not Hawaii," he said, wincing at himself the moment it was out of his mouth.

Hope: She gave him an odd look, head tilting to the side a bit. "Why not Hawaii?"

Shinobi: "Too touristy." He put on a sneer of disdain while telling himself he was a moron.

Hope: Hope didn't bother pointing out they were in literal New York that was crawling with tourists. "Sure... maybe up in the mountains somewhere? Colorado?"

Shinobi: "Don't they have bigfoot in Colorado?" He was immediately suspicious.

Hope: She couldn't stop the eyeroll. "If we see Bigfoot, I'll beat him up for you."

Shinobi: He saw the eye roll, but he was not ashamed. "Good. I'll agree to it then."

Hope: "Don't worry. I'll keep you safe," she smirked, rubbing her leg gently against his.

Shinobi: "My hero," he said with a grin, taking her hand again to brush his fingertips over her skin.

Hope: Hope let out a shiver at his touch, smirking up at him. Her leg pressed against his as she relaxed in her seat, her free hand taking a sip of her scotch. "Can't let anything happen to you after all."

Shinobi: "Then I can't fulfill the weekend plans." He smirked, glancing around the room. "I wonder how many people would faint if we asked for our entrees to go? So we can skip straight to dessert?"

Hope: "Let's do it," she suggested immediately, smile broadening. "And if it's less than 3... you owe me extra dessert."

Shinobi: Obi laughed and squeezed her hand. "Well then..." He sat up and scanned for their server. "Oh, waiter!"