1/3 Issue: Cessation of Hostilities

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/3 Issue: Cessation of Hostilities

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the morning of July 4... I think.

Carol: Carol was at a loss for what to do with herself in the Shaws' house. She was definitely surplus to requirements and she was having trouble sleeping from the stress and general fear for her life she was living under. At least she had adorable furry company. Yoda wasn't sure about Chewie though and Chewie wasn't sure about Yoda. It was kind of funny to watch them mutually avoid each other.

Shaw: Sharky, however, had not once calmed down since he had new friends to play with. The not-dog was dancing around his feet at the moment since both playmates were hiding from him. Sebastian had to make sure he didn't step on the creature on his way to Carol's room.

Carol: Yoda's head lifted and Chewie hissed at the door. That was Carol's first indication that someone was on their way even before she heard the footsteps herself. She sighed and set her work tablet to one side, watching the door.

Shaw: Sebastian knocked, finally picking Sharky up when he started to bounce. "Carol?"

Carol: "Yeah? You can come in..." She pushed a hand through her hair and sat up a little straighter, reaching to pet Chewie and calm her down.

Shaw: He opened the door and there was the real corgi, wriggling his butt at the not-corgi. "Good morning," he said. "How are you today? I hadn't seen you raiding the coffee yet."

Carol: "Well, having my usual breakfast of coffee would assume I haven't been awake all night drinking it anyway...."

Shaw: Sebastian tsked, then looked at the cat. "Do you think it's safe for me to put him down?"

Carol: "She's fine she just doesn't know what he is..." Chewie meowed and got up to find a high place to climb onto.

Shaw: "Neither do we," he laughed, putting Sharky down and laughing when he pounced Yoda. Sebastian crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame. "Well, I have news that may allow you to rest a little easier."

Carol: "Rogue imploded under the weight of all her crazy?"

Shaw: Sebastian gave a snort. "Well, Tony called me. In a sense, I suppose the weight of guilt finally did take care of the problem for us."

Carol: Carol blinked at him as that information filtered through her exhausted brain, "She told him?"

Shaw: "She did. And she also told him that I am not to hack the security on his house, especially not when Rogue is home." He smirked.

Carol: "....she knows that's like a game for you and him, right?" Carol raised an eyebrow, "So does this mean I'm off the hook? Or are we waiting on a slow simmer and eventual drama from Tony?" She'd never known Tony to really get mad at anything, it didn't seem to be in his personality type.

Shaw: "Yes, well, it's a game she doesn't wish to play." He sniffed and shrugged a shoulder. "You are, I believe. Fury called him to ask some questions, involving your report. When he brought up the call to Rogue she told him."

Carol: "She doesn't like you and has no interest in liking you or sense of adventure," Carol shook her head, "Well, Fury wasn't on the list of people that weren't allowed to talk to Tony on pain of my death so... I guess that helped my case... or I'm due a what the fuck visit sometime..."

Shaw: "I'm an acquired taste for some." His grin was shit-eating. "Of that, I'm not certain. Apparently he called Fury back and he was... Fury. So details on the exact situation are still murky."

Carol: "So... I guess he doesn't know about the death threat part..." which she wasn't sure how she felt about.

Shaw: "Oh no, Fury told him, although I'm unsure of the details. He laughed." Sebastian sighed a little, then shrugged. "I believe he thought his feral skunk was merely bluffing."

Carol: "Well he doesn't understand our history... I'm sure he's read my file and everything but it's... kinda vague about that stuff because at the time no one knew what had happened and neither did I, not that I could tell anyone even if I did... and afterward I really didn't want to talk about it..." Chewie decided it was safe on top of the wardrobe and peered down at the two dog things, occasionally flailing a paw.

Shaw: "And if you described it to him in that manner he most certainly wouldn't absorb one word." Sebastian made a noise at the cat until she turned her head to stare at him. "At any rate, you're welcome to stay, or return to the school."

Carol: "I don't want to describe it to him... in any manner... It's not like I set out to destroy their relationship... I just didn't want it to start out on a lie..." She sighed, leaning back against the headboard, "I don't know what I want to do...."

Shaw: "I would recommend you avoid the woman, at the very least." He offered his hand to the cat to allow it to sniff him.

Carol: "Well that's a given..." she watched him with Chewie for a moment, "I guess going back to the asylum would be okay for now since she doesn't live there... and Bobby is MIA so she doesn't really have a reason to go there unless there's a work thing which... will be a whole other headache but whatever..."

Shaw: "Mmm, well, the offer stands. You and your traveling menagerie are welcome to stay and drink my coffee." He gave the cat a pet and turned to face her.

Carol: "I'll probably just... stay a few more days so I can get some actual rest...." And eat real food made by someone who knew how to make real food. That was also nice.

Shaw: "Miriam and Jessica will enjoy the company." He took a few steps toward the bed and then over the wrestling corgis.

Carol: "You won't enjoy my company? I'm offended."

Shaw: "Of course I do. I meant female companionship. You lot could braid one another's hair."

Carol: Carol gace him a long stare, "Have you met me? Also what hair?" She gestured at the lack of length on her hair.

Shaw: He waved a hand. "You have that floppy bit on top."

Carol: "Gonna refer you to my first question."

Shaw: Sebastian just laughed. "Come on, why don't you add some breakfast to that coffee and then go back to bed and attempt to get some sleep."

Carol: Food did sound good... "I guess I could eat... probably should feed the organic critters too..." Chewie meowed from the top of the wardrobe, stood up and turned toward the wall then promptly disappeared. ".... Guess she agrees."

Shaw: "I'm sure I can locate a can of tuna with her name on it."

Carol: "She will love that." Carol climbed off the bed and headed for the door, "Sorry, Yoda, you gotta walk there like the sensibly normal pet you are."