12/31 Issue: InFURYating Story

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

12/31 Issue: InFURYating Story

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Midday Monday July 3rd, 2023

Rogue: Rogue padded barefoot down the hall on the soft rug she and Tony had picked out, carrying a full laundry basket under her arm, and a small smile on her face. Outside of this house, her life was in utter shambles, but inside? Inside was very nearly domestic bliss. It was something she'd always wanted but never thought she'd get. Her smile slipped. And Carol and Shaw wanted to ruin it.

Rogue: She set the basket on their bed and took a deep breath, trying to focus on the task in front of her and the fact that, at least at the moment, Shaw wasn't breaking into their home. Rogue pulled out one of Tony's shirts and held it up to her nose for another deep inhale, letting the clean scent and the warmth from the dryer calm her down.

Tony: Tony was pretty used to getting weird phone calls at odd hours. This was a weird one, however, even for him. Fury was being vague, even for Fury, so after a few tries he decided whatever it was wasn't important anyway. "Okay, so when you decide you want to speak in fully formed sentences, you know where you can find me. Bye." He flipped the phone onto the desk in his office and wandered out of the door.

Rogue: Rogue sat on the edge of the huge bed, bare leg curled under her as she set about her self-given job of folding the laundry. She hated laundry, but for some reason, today it soothed her. The normalcy of it, maybe.

Tony: He hummed to himself on the way down the hall and found his way into the bedroom. What he found made him grin. "You know you don't have to do that, right? We have people, and by people I mean robots."

Rogue: His voice made her face light up before she even turned to look at him standing in the doorway. "Ah know it. Did you know that y' don't hafta build a robot f'r every li'l task 'round th' house?" Rogue jangled her bracelet on her wrist and crooked her finger for him to come in and kiss her hello. "Ah thought y' were workin'."

Tony: "I don't have to, but it's fun." He shrugged and came into the room to give her a grin. Tony flung himself on the bed beside her, upsetting her laundry pile and grabbing her around the waist to pull her into him. "Work is overrated."

Rogue: Rogue squealed in surprise and delight and let herself roll into him, planting a kiss on his lips the second she thought she could without headbutting him on accident. "So long as y' enjoyin' y'self, who'm Ah t' tell y' t' stop?" She grinned at him, "Says th' leader o' th' free world."

Tony: "Leader of the free world. Yep, that's me. I mean, there are only a half dozen prime ministers who'd disagree, after all." He returned the kiss, grinning against her lips.

Rogue: "An' they don't count 'cause they ain't you." She grinned back and kissed him again. "Wanna go out f'r lunch since work is overrated?"

Tony: "Absolutely!" He traded kisses once more. "Wait." Tony frowned at her. "That requires pants, doesn't it?"

Rogue: "Most places say yes," she snickered. "An' Ah ain't sure Ah'm keen 'bout y' walkin' 'round showin' off that cute tush t' th' world."

Tony: "I hate to break it to you that a good segment of the world has seen this tush." He shook it, but it was mostly spoiled by their positions on the bed.

Rogue: "That's a good point. Y' don't need t' go pantsless. But maybe Ah do." She leaned back from him enough to gracefully pull her leg up and raise it out into the air. "An' these gams? Yeah, a good segment o' th' world should see all o' me from th' waist down, huh?"

Tony: "We're getting delivery," he decided, freeing a hand to set it on her calf and enjoy her smooth skin.

Rogue: Rogue gave him a grin and wrapped the leg around him. "So th' world's allowed t' see y'r cute tush, but not mine? Greedy, greedy, Tony."

Tony: "Leader of the free world, remember? I just lead with the ass." He grinned and ran his hand up her leg.

Rogue: "It is a very nice ass." Her hand moved to rest on top of his, guiding it around to her own very nice ass. "Lunch an' some quality time with mah man sound like a good way t' blow off mah own chores. Nothin'll explode without y' t'day, right?"

Tony: "Nah, nothing should explode. And if it does, we'll worry about it then." He shrugged one shoulder, then frowned a little. "Fury might call me back, but that's the only thing outstanding on the itinerary."

Rogue: "Fury?" Rogue frowned up at him, but didn't move other than that. "Will somethin' explode without me t'day?"

Tony: "I have no idea. He was being infuriatingly Fury-ish." Tony thought it over. "He did ask if you were here."

Rogue: Fury-ish made her smirk. And then her smirk fell. "Why? Ah don't wanna go. Cain't th' world save itself t'day?" She just wanted to stay wrapped up in Tony's arms and avoid everything outside of their domestic bliss.

Tony: "I don't think it was that, but like I said. Fury-ish. He mentioned Carol. Was fishing for information." He rolled his eyes.

Rogue: Rogue slowly closed her eyes and laid her head on his chest. She listened to his heartbeat while she counted to ten. Carol. Of fucking course it was Carol. "We got in a fight. Ah made her good an' scared o' me. 'Nough t' tattle apparently."

Tony: "What? Why? You two are..." Tony waved a hand in illustration. "Buddies." He turned Fury's probing questions over in his head. Hmm.

Rogue: "Not anymore." Her jaw clenched and her heart was racing. She didn't want to tell him. She had tried so hard to keep their domestic bliss safe and in a bubble. Rogue listened again for a few beats, trying to memorize the sound since she likely wouldn't hear it again. She pressed a lingering kiss to his chest and pushed to sit up. "Tony, Ah hafta tell y' somethin'. Somethin' y' won't like."

Tony: Tony made a face but remained flat when she moved away. "Why would you make her scared of you?"

Rogue: "It's a long story, but th' simple answer is 'the only reason Ah ever want anyone scared o' me'. 'Cause she threatened mah family." She pulled one of his t-shirts into her lap and ran her fingertips along the hem of the sleeves.

Tony: "Why would Carol threaten your family?" He was also fairly certain she didn't have a family beyond the X-Men.

Rogue: "'Cause Ah didn't wanna threaten mah family." She finally looked over at him, meeting his eyes. "Ah love you, Tony. Ah wanted t' keep us just like this."

Tony: Tony slowly sat up and turned to face her. "I love you too..." He turned that over in his head again. "But, come again?"

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip, trying to get her heart to stop going so fast. She wished she weren't wearing her bracelet right now because her nerves were on fire and it hurt. "Ah did somethin' stupid. Carol found out an' demanded Ah tell you. Ah said Ah would, but kept puttin' it off 'cause there's no good way t' say anythin' like this. An' since it ain't gonna happen again, Ah figured Ah could just ignore it..."

Rogue: "But then she told Shaw an' he was over here threatenin' me after he overrode y'r security protocols. Next thing Ah know, Ah'm throwin' her through a wall this time an' threatenin' her t' get Shaw t' back off 'cause it put our family in jeopardy." She was so scared to look at him, but forced herself to square her shoulders and lift her head, ready for him to throw her out.

Tony: Tony just gave her a slow blink. "What?"

Rogue: "Which part did y' want clarification on?" Everything hurt and she couldn't breathe.

Tony: "Why don't you start at the beginning?" He kept his tone even, still mostly confused.

Rogue: Her lip escaped between her teeth again as she watched him for a moment, trying to figure out how to word it without him thinking it was his fault. "Ah got drunk with Bobby 'cause Ah was scared o' th' fact that y' bought this giant house f'r me an' hadn't even said y' loved me yet." That part was easy enough. Now for the part that Carol wanted him to know and Rogue wished she could take back.

Rogue: "Ah know it don't make much sense, but b'cause Ah was scared an' drunk, Ah kissed him. It didn't go any further, but it happened. He's always been kinda like a security blanket, Ah guess... Th' only one who's been there f'r me through everythin'." She was going to have a panic attack, if she wasn't already having one. Her chest was tight and she couldn't breathe. “Ah'm so sorry, Tony."

Tony: "You were drunk and you kissed Bobby Drake?" He cocked his head to look at her more closely.

Tony: "That's... what all that is? What you're trying to tell me here?"

Rogue: Rogue's throat was so dry and she closed her eyes to try and fight the fact that her eyes were the opposite. "Ah shouldn'ta done it, Tony. Ah'm so sorry." She took a shaky breath and opened her eyes to look at him, forcing herself to face whatever consequence was coming next. "Ah c'n promise it ain't gonna happen again."

Tony: Tony watched her for a long moment. He could tell she was upset, of course, but... why? He made a face she couldn't see and shrugged. "Okay, fair enough."

Rogue: Her eyes shot up to his face, confusion evident on hers. "What?"

Tony: "What?" He cocked his head. "You said it was a mistake and you're sorry. You were drunk and did something stupid. I call that Tuesday."

Rogue: A relieved laugh spilled from her and the tears flowed freely. "Ah love you so much, Tony." She crawled into his lap, held his face with both of her hands, and gave him a soft kiss. "Ah was so scared y' were gonna hate me."

Tony: He settled her in his lap and accepted the kiss, leaning his head back with a smile for her. "I love you. We all do stupid things, Anna Marie. Makes us human."

Rogue: "Ah ain't human, sugah. Ah'm a mess." Rogue made a face, "Carol swore Ah was gonna break y'r heart... Then kept gettin' mad at me f'r not tellin' y' yet... Told Shaw right off. He got pissed an' came here t' threaten me, an' Ah got pissed an' went t' threaten Carol..." She brought her hands up to scrub at her face. "Ah just wanted t' protect mah family an' Ah coulda just avoided all o' this by trustin' that y'd understand. Ah'm sorry f'r that, too."

Tony: "Okay, a human mess then." His nose wrinkled. "That sounds impressively complicated. I'm flattered Sebastian defended my honor and hasn't even gloated about it."

Rogue: "He broke int' our house, Tony." Rogue was less than impressed that all he took from that was that he was defending his honor. "Th' house that supposedly couldn't be hacked, got hacked. By y' best friend. T' threaten y' live-in girlfriend."

Tony: "Okay, okay, the breaking in to threaten you part sounds more like him," he admitted. "Of course he can hack it, because he is my best friend. It can't be hacked by anyone else. Well, Hope." Tony made a face. "I'll fix it."

Rogue: "Sounds exactly like him. Ah know y' love that man, but Ah will never understand it. He's been nothin' but bad news since Ah met him." She sighed and ran her fingers through his hair. "Thank y', sugah." Rogue gave him a soft kiss. "Tell Fury that Carol should never threaten a cornered tiger who c'n best her in a fight."

Tony: "That's just part of his charm." Tony gave her a toothy grin. "You really scared Carol?"

Rogue: That earned him a pointed look. "'Charm' ain't what Ah'd call it." Rogue ran her fingers along the inside of his collar, wanting to touch him now that she knew he wasn't going to end things. "If she told Fury, then yeah. Ah scared her but good. She should know better'n t' mess with mah family by now. Everybody should."

Tony: Tony filed that thought away for later investigation, letting his hands explore. "But it's part of my charm, too."

Rogue: "Part o' y' charm is t' side with th' bad guys an' threaten y' best friend's gal? Sugah, Ah think there's some stuff y' ain't been tellin' me if that's th' case." She gave him a soft smile at the feel of his hands on her. "Thank y' f'r understandin'. Ah'm sorry if Ah hurt y' at all..."

Tony: "Well not that particular bit of charm," he admitted, then smiled at her. "I'm a little disappointed you thought I wouldn't understand, but otherwise..." He shrugged. "Drunken mistake? Average work day."

Rogue: "Average work day? So... Either y' make those mistakes daily still'r else Ah'm a drunken mistake?" Rogue arched a slightly challenging eyebrow at him, tiny smirk barely winning the battle to be on her lips.

Tony: "What, you don't think being leader of the free world drives you to drink?" He was enjoying her sassy expression and answered it with a shit-eating grin.

Rogue: Her grin grew a little at the sight of his and she leaned in to brush his nose with hers. "Anythin'd drive you t' drink, Tony. It's what, or rather who y' do when y' drink that Ah'm concerned 'bout."

Tony: "Well, I can honestly say the only one I've been doing, drinking or otherwise, is a certain feisty southern belle." He took advantage of their closeness to give her a quick kiss. Rethinking that tactic, he caught the back of her head for a more thorough kiss, then broke it to grin. "Besides, have you seen the prime minister of England?" He shuddered.

Rogue: Rogue's cheeks flushed and she gave him a bright smile. "Glad t' hear it." She enjoyed the attention and was about to go in for another kiss when the second part of what he said registered and she started laughing. "Toupee an' cherry faced ain't y' type?"

Tony: "Nope. Now the prime minister of Canada on the other hand? In the right light?" He leered a little and laughed, going in for that kiss she'd aborted.

Rogue: She laughed into the kiss, which turned it into a few short kisses instead of one lingering one. "Ah'm still pretty stuck on th' President o' th' United States, mahself."

Tony: "Well that works out then!" He rolled with the barrage of short kiss attacks and then flopped sideways onto the bed, taking her with him.

Rogue: "B'cause he's a fan o' the Prime Minister o' Canada? Oh mah, th' unrequited love of a former bodyguard." Rogue was giggling and wrapped her arms around him, completely ecstatic to still be able to hold him.

Tony: "It'd never work out. I'm not that into maple syrup." He was enjoying that giggling and clinging and encouraged it by ducking his head to brush his scruffy chin over her neck.

Rogue: Rogue made a pleased sound and wriggled to give him easier access to her neck. "Guess it's a good thing y' seem t' like Southern charm, then."

Tony: "Sweet as pecan pie," he said with a laugh, mouthing her skin and trying out a terrible southern accent of his own.

Rogue: Her laugh at his terrible accent was cut off by a shiver when his warm mouth met her skin. "A plus f'r enthusiasm, F minus f'r execution." Rogue slipped a hand between them and started to unbutton his shirt. "Good thing y' got a lifetime supply o' tutorin' from me ahead o' ya."

Tony: "Is there such a thing as an F minus? I don't think MIT gives that grade." He grinned against her skin and kept up his attention, sliding his hand down her side and over her hip to find smooth skin again. "Good, because I need a lot of tutoring."