6/26 Issue: Resting Cases

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

6/26 Issue: Resting Cases

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined concurrent to [fic]Pest Control.(we played it late, sorry! XD)

<Jessica> Home from checking up on the dupe and making sure everyone was fed, Jess headed into the house and took off her shoes. Ah. Better. "Anyone home?" she called... of course, the guinea pigs answered first.

<Shaw> The pigs were far closer to the door than Sebastian was, since for once he wasn't working. He was on the roof, in the garden, enjoying the sunlight. Security beeped her entrance, but he'd sensed her coming when she pulled up. Welcome home, koibito. I gather Madrox didn't burn down that eyesore he inhabits just yet?

<Jessica> Not yet... being afraid of fire is probably an advantage there. She headed to the kitchen to get some tea, What are you up to?

<Shaw> Up to? Nothing untoward. He smirked and tipped his head back to rest against the outdoor sofa. Would you believe I'm sunning myself? Like a komodo dragon.

<Jessica> I'm getting tea. Does the dragon want anything to drink? She flicked the kettle on and leaned against the counter. Some sort of flammable liquid?

<Shaw> Coffee, please, love? He slid down further into the sofa. Unless you'd prefer I come down. But, he was comfortable. Difficult decisions.

<Jessica> I can come up, it's fine. She went to the coffee machine to make Sebastian a drink while she waited on the tea. Heard anything from Tony about the progress on the surprise daycare?

<Shaw> No. He's still deep in the throes of kinder care. Michael has been there a few times, with Carol following him around by all accounts.

<Jessica> Aww that's kind of cute... She finished up making the tea and coffee and stepped out into the hall, pausing to look into the living room because the way the light was falling in there didn't look quite right. Have you been in the living room today...?

<Shaw> Cute, but once this passes... I fear for both of them. He felt the change in her mood and sat up a little, readjusting his sunglasses. No. What's wrong?

<Jessica> There's a bunch of cases in here.... She put the mugs down on the coffee table to investigate. An envelope sat on top. What are you worried about now? She picked up the envelope. It had her name on it so she opened it.

<Shaw> In light of her confession to Michael about her feelings, of course. Now he was curious, however, so Sebastian got up, but didn't bother to find his shirt on his way downstairs.

<Jessica> Well, she told him before this... and he's married so... not sure what's going to change. It was Viper's handwriting. She unfolded the paper, catching the small holo projector that fell out.

<Shaw> It simply adds another level of awkwardness to the situation, particularly if she recalls her actions. Sebastian wasn't bothering to move particularly quietly, so he rounded the corner into the living room and swore.

<Jessica> Well, nothing too weird can happen while she's a kid... She looked up when she heard him, "Good thing Miriam's not home..."

<Shaw> "What's wrong?" He already assumed it was from Sarkissian, as the teleportation hadn't tripped his alarms. Frustratingly.

<Jessica> "She's going through with her attack on The Hive... this is everything she doesn't want in the wrong hands if she doesn't come back..."

<Shaw> "Such as?" He moved to the nearest container and gave it a suspicious once over.

<Jessica> "Her research projects... information about the high council..." She frowned a little, "I don't think she's expecting to come back..."

<Shaw> "Or, as she said, it's simply an insurance policy." He frowned, debating where to lock all of this up, to get it out of his house.

<Jessica> "She sent stuff to Hope too... this one," she tapped one of the smaller cases, "Is apparently for Miriam... and this is for David..." she held up the holo projector.

<Shaw> That was a bit more concerning. He straightened up and moved closer to his wife. "Perhaps we should investigate it?"

<Jessica> "Probably.... but she says to wait before we open them up because, if she can, she'll contact us... so maybe we should give her some time? Or... do you just want to be nosey?"

<Shaw> "Nosy?" He sniffed, then smirked. "Of course I want to be nosy."

<Jessica> She laughed, sliding the projector into her pocket and bending to pick up the case. "Coffee while we snoop." She nodded to the sofa.

<Shaw> He grinned. "Excellent!" Sebastian picked up his mug and tossed a throw blanket onto the sofa before he settled in.

<Jessica> Jess set the case on the coffee table and settled down beside him, moving her own mug to one side so they had more room. "What do you think is in it?"

<Shaw> He took a sip, leaning toward her to thank her for his coffee with a quiet telepathic nudge and a kiss to her temple. "If it's another predator, I will be sending it back."

<Jessica> She laughed, "Where you gonna send it? We don't know where she is." She bumped him gently with her shoulder, "And I doubt she'd leave us one of those... I ruined the last one she gave me."

<Shaw> "Indeed. I wonder where he's napping today?" He pretended to search for the silver dog.

<Jessica> "Probably staring at the guinea pigs again," she reached to unlatch the clips on the case. "Should we...?"

<Shaw> "Absolutely we should. And if it's ticking, we throw it out the window." He gestured toward said windows and took a drink.

<Jessica> Jess wrinkled her nose at him and gave him a small shove, "Behave." She unlocked the case and lifted the lid with her finger, flipping it all the way open. Well. It was done now.

<Shaw> He leaned in and peered over the edge. "It's a bear." Deciding to ignore his suspicious nature, he reached inside and picked it up, carefully. "An old bear. Very old."

<Jessica> As Sebastian picked the bear up and tilted it, it made a sound. "That's... different." She cocked her head on one side.

<Shaw> "Do you recognize it at all?" He turned it over in his hand to get it to repeat the noise.

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, "No... maybe it was hers?" She watched the bear tip and it 'growled' again.

<Shaw> "That's quite cute. I'm sure Miriam will love it." He pulled it closer to inspect it. "It may have been hers - it's quite old. We could get it dated."

<Jessica> The other items in the case seemed to be paperwork and a key that looked like it belonged to a safe deposit box. "The mystery deepens..."

<Shaw> "And you have no idea?" He glanced between the papers and his wife.

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, "No... I mean... she's not exactly known for her openness...." She picked up the papers to look through them. "She's clearly put a lot of thought into this..."

<Shaw> He was still inspecting the bear and took a photo of it with his phone to shoot off to an antique dealer he knew. "What do they say?"

<Jessica> "There's property deeds in here... account details... what looks like a chemical formula for something..."

<Shaw> "She's... leaving a legacy for Miriam? Why not give it to David, or to you?"

<Jessica> "Well... she did leave this for David," she pulled out the holo projector, "I imagine she's left him a message... Maybe she thinks I don't need her help anymore? I don't know. I never know what's going on in her head... I'm curious about the contents of the other boxes though... but we probably shouldn't open them in our living room."

<Shaw> "Are you going to watch it?" He nodded toward the projector, placing the bear back into the box.

<Jessica> She looked at the holoprojector and frowned, "I don't know... that is most definitely private..."

<Shaw> Sebastian arched a brow at her and smirked. "Oh, certainly."

<Jessica> "I don't mean just for her... I know you don't care... but what about David?"

<Shaw> "We are quite adept at keeping secrets, after all, love."

<Jessica> "I know... but I feel like this... is not really our business..." her nose wrinkled and she set the device down on the table to pick up her tea. "If she's expecting to... to die doing this... she might have said some things she wouldn't normally say..."

<Shaw> "Well yes, precisely." He took another sip of his coffee.

<Jessica> "What are you hoping to get out of this?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

<Shaw> "Aren't you the least bit curious?" He chuckled. "They are an odd, odd couple."

<Jessica> "Of course I'm curious... I just... it's a good bye message... it makes me uncomfortable..."

<Shaw> "As you wish, koibito." He gave her a smile and turned his attention to the other boxes. "I think we should get an idea of what's inside so we know where best to store them."

<Jessica> "If it's her work then it needs to be somewhere secure... as for the information about the high council... I suppose we should share that with SHIELD?"

<Shaw> "I agree." He sighed. "So, it looks like we have a project." After a moment, he set his coffee aside and moved close to slide an arm around Jess. "I know you are worried for her, but this doesn't mean she is dead."

<Jessica> "No, I know...." she leaned against him, "But the longer we don't hear from her...."

<Shaw> "I know, love." Sebastian pulled her closer and kissed her temple again. "We just need to keep channels open to see if there is any news of Hydra."

<Jessica> "Well... our usual channel is running around as a toddler right now."

<Shaw> "Oh, I know." He waved his other hand dismissively. "We can wait for that situation to... settle. Or, we could contact David."

<Jessica> "Yeah.... maybe give her some time to contact us before we involve David... I don't want him to do something crazy..."

<Shaw> "Love, if she sent cases to Hope, he will soon know."

<Jessica> "He'll know she sent stuff..." she reached to pick up the letter, "Apparently..." she skimmed it again, "She 'borrowed' some things from Stark R&D and 'fixed' them before she sent them back..."

<Shaw> Sebastian snorted and sat back. "Of course she did."

<Jessica> Jess laughed and put the letter down on the table with the rest of the things, "I kind of love that she did that."

<Shaw> "Oh, I'm certain Tony and Hope will love it as well," he laughed, shaking his head.

<Jessica> "I don't think Hope will care... Tony has bigger problems right now. His girlfriend is a toddler... if he needs therapy I'm calling 'not it' right now."

<Shaw> "It's a public relations debacle." Sebastian sat up and reached for his coffee. "Tony should focus on that, instead of his love life."

<Jessica> "I don't think his PR team familiarised themselves with the X-Men properly before all this... all the crazy shit that follows them around." She settled back into the sofa with her tea. "Crap like this is exactly why I moved out of that building."

<Shaw> "Indeed. My life became far more complicated after I became involved with that school." He gave her a bright grin.

<Jessica> She laughed, "I think you mean fun!"

<Shaw> "That is, I suppose, one word for it," he said with a nod and snaked his arm behind her shoulders to pull her into his side.

<Jessica> She pulled her feet up onto the sofa to curl up against him, "I'm glad you decided to get involved or we never would have met."

<Shaw> "You are likely the only one to appreciate that, considering my initial motive for infiltrating Xavier's."

<Jessica> She sighed, turning her head to press a kiss to his shoulder, "Anyone who still holds that against you now after all this time needs my foot up their ass."

<Shaw> "Such as Tony's currently very underage paramour." He leaned his head against hers, tracing patterns on her arm with his fingertips.

<Jessica> "Yes. That... except not right now because she's a kid... maybe now would be a good time to get in her good books?" she took a sip of her tea.

<Shaw> Sebastian snorted.

<Jessica> "You just don't want any tiny superheroes wiping their noses on your trousers..."

<Shaw> "There is that," he agreed with a chuckle. "Since Miriam has outgrown such habits I am loathe to subject myself to them again."

<Jessica> "But now you wear jeans sometimes. They're designed for all kinds of kid mess unlike your fancy pressed suit trousers."

<Shaw> "Yet another loss due to you Xavier people," he sighed. "My sense of proper attire."

<Jessica> "Pfft. I see it more as an acquisition of normal people skills." She turned her head to grin at him.

<Shaw> "Normal people skills," he laughed, giving her a kiss.

<Jessica> "Mmhmm. You forgot them all spending so much time at the club with airheads hitting on you. I fixed you."

<Shaw> "I don't think Monet would agree with your assessment," he was still chuckling, planting small kisses along her jawline.

<Jessica> "I think Monet is another person that needs my foot up her ass..." she muttered, tilting her head for him.

<Shaw> "And what has she done now, koibito?" Sebastian was happy to keep up his attentions, since she was so accommodating.

<Jessica> "She needs to do something?" Jess watched him out of the corner of her eyes.

<Shaw> He laughed and gave her pulse point a soft nip. "Exist, apparently."

<Jessica> "Well, she started it..." she hissed at the nip, carefully setting her mug down.

<Shaw> "Did she?" He quite enjoyed her response and quickly put his own mug aside.

<Jessica> "Absolutely," she slid her arms around him, "But if you're expecting me to make a coherent case right now you're going to have to stop that..."

<Shaw> "In that case, the prosecution rests, your honor." Sebastian returned the embrace, pulling her into his lap.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 6/26 Issue: Resting Cases

Post by Esynthia »

Monet definitely is not the one who started it :P

I would love to see the Tony/Jess therapy session after the X-babies

Rogue is absolutely justified in her ire at Shaw :P