11/8 Issue: Clone Wars: The Sequel

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

11/8 Issue: Clone Wars: The Sequel

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Early evening on Monday April 17th, 2023

Jamie: Jamie rubbed at his stubble as he looked over the options in the cereal aisle. How was he supposed to choose?! They all had their pros and cons. Shopping sucked. This is why he sent dupes to do it normally. But he needed out of the building for a bit. Crazy cat was making his life difficult. Eaney, meanie, miney, all of them! Perfect! He dumped one of each box into the cart and moved to the next aisle.

Chris: Chris walked past the cereal aisle as Jamie was moving out of it and did a double take. That guy was familiar. How did he know him? Would it be weird if he followed him a little to try and figure it out? He decided it would but he didn't care, though he'd at least try and make it look like it was just a coincidence.

Jamie: Soups. Why did they keep soups on the aisle next to cereal? But then, who was he to judge? He'd never owned a grocery store. Jamie sighed as he stared at the multitude of soup choices and groaned as he pulled one of each into his cart. His eyes flicked to the guy behind him and he frowned. Was that? No... Godzilla?! Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. He pushed his cart down the aisle a little faster, heading anywhere but there.

Chris: Chris frowned a little. He didn't think he looked that scary now that he had less tattoos. He looked through the soups a little and wondered if he should confront the guy or if that would be problematic. He still didn't know where he recognized him from. Oh god... He wasn't someone from Alaska was he?

Jamie: Jamie stopped in the meat section and took a breath when he realized he hadn't followed him. What the hell was he doing here? The club thing was in New York! He wouldn't beat him up in public, though, would he? Nah... Crazy, he may be, but he didn't seem stupid. Jamie peered around into the main aisle slowly, to see what he could see.

Chris: He was definitely a little worried now. The anxiety was real. He chewed his lip and decided just to approach the guy. He made sure to approach him slowly, if he lived around here they'd probably end up running into each other and by how he spooked him he didn't want to keep scaring him. "Uhmm hey? Do we know each other?" Chris kept his distance so he wouldn't seem too threatening.

Jamie: Jamie jumped and whirled around to face him. "Y- you don't remember?" This was the same guy, right? He looked him over carefully. Yeeep. Same Godzilla. "Rule number 1?" He couldn't talk about it, but he could maybe say that much without breaking the rule. Right?

Chris: "No man... I'm sorry. I've got a fucked memory. College was a hell of a drug." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Uhmm rule 1?" Chris raised an eyebrow. What the fuck was rule one?

Jamie: "The first rule of mmm mmm?" Jamie's brows drew together. "Never talk about mmm hmmmm?"

Chris: It clicked in his head almost immediately. "Oh fuck... that. Oh man I'm so sorry!" The feeling that washed over Chris was weird. He was glad it wasn't Alaska but it was close to as bad. "Dude I'm so sorry. Fuck can I make it up to you? Let me buy your groceries or something? That shit was so messed up...."

Jamie: Well that was unexpected. Jamie just blinked at Chris for a minute. "N-no. I'm good, man. Thanks... Thanks, though. I, um, I can buy my own groceries." He rubbed at the back of his neck and risked looking away from Chris to look in his cart. Twenty-ish boxes of cereal and just as many cans of soup. Jean was going to be thrilled... Crap. "Yeah, yeah it was pretty nuts. But I needed to make some extra cash back then, so... Yeah."

Chris: "Yeah... I don't know what I was thinking. I mean it, I'm sorry. You sure I can't do something for ya? At least buy you a beer? I was there trying to help break that all up and then it got out of hand. I feel terrible about that fight." Chris sighed.

Jamie: "You mean you were there to infiltrate and bring it down from the inside? And instead you tried to bring me down by my insides?" Jamie's nose wrinkled, "No offense, dude, but I don't tend to hang out with people who try to kill me. I don't even hang out with the ones who have succeeded." Though, his best friend who had succeeded was dead now, so that was a moot point.

Chris: "I get it man... Yeah for some reason the school I was going to thought it'd be a good idea to take college kids to that and bring it down. I ended up getting my throat torn out... Not that it makes up for me being a supreme douche canoe when we fought." Chris frowned and ran a hand through his hair. "Alright, just wanted to try and make up for it somehow. That's not who I am anymore and I'm disappointed in myself for how I acted."

Jamie: "Damn. That sounds intense." His eyes drifted to Godzilla's throat. It seemed fine. "I thought you just glowed and got stronger. How are you alive?"

Chris: "Healing factor. It's gotta be the only reason I'm still alive after all the stupid shit I've done. Like I said, college was a hell of a drug. Lots of drugs might have been involved too. I make a pretty good sand bag." Chris laughed a little.

Jamie: Jamie nodded slowly. "Gotcha. College just killed me instead of wiping my memory from drugs. That would've been preferable. though, I think." He stood there awkwardly for a minute, watching him. Maybe it was okay. Maybe this dude had changed. And in the words of Bowie. David, not Jim. Their last names are said differently anyway. Time may change me, but I can't trace time. Whatever the hell that meant.

Jamie: Jamie stuck out his hand, "Jamie Madrox."

Chris: "It'd be impressive if it could have killed me." He shrugged a little. "Chris Nord." Chris shook his hand. "So, still cage fighting? Or what are you up to now?"

Jamie: "Oh helllll no. Jeannie would kill me. Me, me. Not a dupe me." Jamie shuddered at the thought. "I'm a private investigator. Owner and operator of X-Factor Investigations." He pulled out his card to hand over, "I specialize in the weird stuff."

Chris: Chris laughed a little at that. "I know what you mean. Greer would probably have my head mounted on the wall if I did that stupid shit again." He shook his head a little at the thought. "Oh cool. Any interesting cases?" Chris took the card and put it in his wallet, grabbing one of his out to offer it to him. "I run a tattoo parlor now."

Jamie: Jamie took the card and looked it over before slipping it into his back pocket. He never wanted a tattoo, but he might could send people his way if anyone asked. "Um. Well, yeah, but client confidentiality, y' know." He looked in his cart again and sighed. "Do you think the people who work here would get pissed if I just abandon this sad excuse for a shopping trip here?"

Chris: "Probably, offer still stands I can get your groceries for ya." He laughed a little. "Understand, we have to be careful about the pictures we use for our portfolios. Lots of weirdos out there."

Jamie: "No, I can afford them. But... Well, look at this?" He gestured at the carts contents. "What the hell was I thinking doing the shopping? I can't make up my mind on things like this."

Chris: "Not a family man?" Chris laughed a little. "Usually making a list helps. But after you've had to shop for three meals for kids a few times ya get used to it."

Jamie: "Um. No? Not unless you count my dupes? Which, I don't because they're me, so that's not the same thing." Rambling. Right. "Making a list wouldn't help. Unless I got a dupe to do it!" Oh, smart thinking Madrox. Do that first next time.

Chris: "Lucky. I wish I could do that. Try wrangling a feral mutant child without a laser light. Cuz apparently that's being mean to my son." Chris laughed a little.

Jamie: "Wish you could make duplicates of yourself? It's only handy if they listen to me. Which they don't most of the time, so it mostly just sucks." Jamie blinked. Feral mutant child? "Try catnip?"

Chris: "Catnip is dangerous in my house." Chris laughed harder at that. "That would be tricky..."

Jamie: "Jean owns a dispensary so I'm sure she could hook you up with some strains that aren't so dangerous?" What the heck was dangerous about catnip?

Chris: "They have catnip dispensaries?" Chris gave Jamie a confused look. "I mean, I knew about pot. I make the one I go to rich as fuck."

Jamie: "Um. No? Yes?" Did they? "Isn't catnip just weed for animals?" Jamie's eyebrows went up, "Yeah? Which one is that? I've got my girlfriend's card if you want to try her shop."

Chris: "Sure I can check her shop out. I'm sure you'll earn big brownie points sending me there. Healing factor means I go through a lot. Well, when I don't have to watch the kids. Uhmm dunno. Catnip has a really specific effect on Greer... and I don't think she'd appreciate me using it on our kid."

Jamie: Jamie passed over Jean's, sorry Maddy's, card. "Oh yeah? Well nevermind then. Forget I mentioned that. I wouldn't know anything about kids, dude. I can barely keep one of Jean's cats from murdering me on a daily basis."

Chris: "Hey house cats are made of evil. They are slowly but surely taking over the world." Chris took the card and put it in his wallet too. "So piss off the stock boys and go grab a drink instead of shopping?"

Jamie: "Yep. That I can make a decision on." Jamie pushed the cart somewhat out of the way and abandoned it to the grocery elves. "I know a great bar called the Power Plant. Near my office. Wanna grab a beer there?"

Chris: "Sure, but it's totally my treat. Gotta at least let me do something to prove I'm not a asshole anymore." Chris set his cart with Jamie's.

Jamie: "I won't turn down a free drink. Just don't expect me to put out afterwards. That head mounting thing you mentioned? It would be mine."

Chris: "Sorry bud, you're not my type. You're missing three very specific bits. Or at least I'd assume as much." Chris started out of the grocery store towards his corvette.

Jamie: "You assume correctly." Jamie made a face at the thought of him having those bits and headed towards his 442. "Follow me!"
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 11/8 Issue: Clone Wars: The Sequel

Post by Svartfreja »

Greer says Chris better come home with steak if he's gonna come home smelling like beer!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Yes, kindly don't break the Jamie. Also, clearly Jean needs to go to the store for them... she can perplex him with her purchases!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

She doesn't choose ALLTHETHINGS?