10/19 Issue: Black Queen Trumps Lone Wolf

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

10/19 Issue: Black Queen Trumps Lone Wolf

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: April 15th, 2023

Monet: Monet tapped the papers together on her desk and set them aside for her secretary to pick up later. Her ears perked up at the footsteps stopping at her door, the timid knock told her it was one of her current interns. "Entrez!" Monet arched an eyebrow as she waited for the man to speak. Clearly, she terrified him, which amused her to no end. "Speak, peon or get out."

Monet: He murmured something about Daken being in the club and she sighed. "You should be glad that I have heightened hearing or I would not have made that out, at all. Speak up next time. But for now, merci, you have done well remembering that I wanted to see him. Send him to me."

Daken: Daken sat in his favorite chair, he had to convince some old man to extricate himself from it for him, and sipped at a glass of scotch. It only took him a moment to notice the skittish intern heading directly for him. "Oooh has the big boy summoned me for something to do finally?" He eyed the intern up and down making him even more skittish.

Daken: The poor intern chewed his lip and shook his head nervously. "N...no. The Black Queen requests your presence." He swallowed hard, knowing Daken's reputation. "F...follow me, please." The intern lead the way to Monet's office.

Monet: Monet finished pouring the two glasses of scotch and leaned against the front of her desk at the same time as the timid knock came again. "Oui," she called. The door swung open and the intern bowed to her then extended his arm for Daken to enter the room. "Merci. Now leave us." The intern nodded one too many times and shut the door behind him. "Bonjour, Daken," Monet held out a glass for him.

Daken: Daken smirked a little at how nervous the poor intern was. "Bonne après-midi, Black Queen. I do not believe we've had the pleasure of meeting." He gave her a warm smile. "It's my pleasure to meet you." Daken took the glass from her. "Merci."

Monet: Monet gave him an amused smirk when he used French and a nod in return for his pleasantries. "Non. Mostly because the dear Lord Imperial has had you under his thumb and therefore, unavailable to meet me. But meet me you must." She gestured at the chair in front of her desk. "S'il vous plait."

Daken: "Well as of late I have only been on retainer for him. So I am always available for your needs." He moved to the seat that she offered and sat down. "Vous êtes beaucoup plus facile pour les yeux que lui."
Daken: ((French: You're a lot easier on the eyes than he is.))

Monet: "Je l’espère. Bien que je n’ai jamais trouvé qu’il était difficile à regarder." She picked up her own glass and took a sip as she watched him silently for a moment. "I do not wish to put you on retainer. However, if you do things I approve of, I might grant you gifts. Of a sort."
Monet: ((French: I would hope so. Although I have never found him to be difficult to look at.))

Daken: "Oh? I guess that would depend on what you have in mind. My prices and requirements are usually quite non-negotiable." He sipped at his glass, wondering what she had in mind.

Monet: "As are mine, darling. So if you do not agree, you are free to leave and never breathe a word to anyone. Otherwise, I will find a way to shut your brain down. Are we clear?"

Daken: "Secrecy is paramount in my profession. The details of my jobs does not pass from myself to anyone else." Daken held his cool even with the threat. He was not a fan of telepaths, even though he'd trained himself quite thoroughly in shielding his thoughts. He knew that was only a momentary defense though. "Well then, how shall we proceed? Are you going to give me the details first or must I agree to the job blindly?"

Monet: "Non, of course not. And it is not merely one job. It will be several and shall be at my whim." Monet swirled the scotch in her glass as she met his eyes, "Though, I do not believe you will be adverse to them."

Monet: She smirked and took a sip. "I require someone who is able to charm their way into the bedrooms of people I need either information from or to keep tabs on. I will not tell you why I need the information or to know where they are or what they plan, but I do expect results and answers to my questions. Comprends?"

Daken: "Well that is a much more interesting offer than what I have been offered so far." He mulled the idea over while taking another drink. "I do wonder why you need a third party if you have the ability to melt my brain though." Daken considered using his pheromones to butter her up a little more to get more information from her.

Monet: "Because unlike you, I do not use my powers to get what I want. And a queen never does her own dirty work, besides." Monet gave him a flat look. "Which brings me to my next topic of discussion. You are never to use your powers against me without my permission or I will cut off your dick and feed it to you until it stops growing back."

Daken: Daken actually laughed at that threat. "That is a new one. Though I'm not sure it would stop growing back, so you would become quite proficient at removing genitalia. I will need detailed dossier's on the targets before hands. And I refuse to target minors or the innocent. Those last two are non-negotiable."

Monet: "Minors are absolutely out of the question, indeed. I do not plan to send you after anyone innocent, but if I so choose, your tactics for getting the information I require can be of a distinctly different nature. D'accord?"

Daken: Daken pondered that last bit for a moment. "If you approve we can play that one by ear. But if they will not be harmed then I can be persuaded." Daken took another sip from his glass. "Vous êtes bien plus amusant à négocier." He gave her a toothy grin.
Daken: ((French: You are far more fun to negotiate with.))

Monet: Monet smirked and leaned back to open the drawer on the other side of her desk, retrieving his first contact's dossier. She righted herself with her flight and handed it to him when she settled against the desk again. "I assume you are already acquainted with this woman as I require full dossiers of people I intend to work with as well."

Daken: Daken laughed again. "I guess it is good that I don't have a conflict of interest clause in my contracts. Yes I do know Viper. She has given me a few jobs here and there to keep me entertained while the Lord Imperial does not have work for me."

Monet: "Well now I will be the one giving you the jobs." Monet took a sip of her scotch and studied his face as well as his aura. "You are not to tell her that I have given this assignment to you. I merely need to be kept apprised of her location and her intended targets at all times."

Daken: "You noticed that flaw I mentioned hmm?" He smiled. "If that is the job, then that is what I shall do. Just let me know if you want me to cause a little chaos. I do quite enjoy throwing a wrench now and again."

Monet: "It is not a flaw if I can use it to my advantage." She crossed her legs toward him. "I do not want any of this chaos to bounce back on myself, my club, or Sebastian and his daughter. If that is achievable then you may cause as much chaos as you so desire."

Daken: "You need not worry. I would never let a little one be in danger. And you have done well to make sure I know nothing blows back this way. I will make sure none of my antics can be traced back here."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at him. "The fact that you feel the need to compliment me on that shows me just how little you know of me. You spend time in my club and you work for the man who was my King and equal. And yet, you still know next to nothing. Maybe I have made the wrong choice."

Daken: "Well your equal did not mention anything about the non-disclosure agreement not being in my standard operation. I threw it in because I was feeling nice. And I know enough about you not to cross you even without it. I only meant to compliment your intelligence my queen."

Monet: "Then next time I suggest you do so in a manner that does not come across as surprise in that fact." She drank the rest of the scotch in her glass and moved to the barcart to refill it. "Do not make that mistake again or you will find out what happens to those who cross me."

Daken: "I apologize for my slip of the tongue. It will not happen again." Daken was starting to reconsider going into business with her, she was all stick and no carrot.

Monet: "Bien." Monet turned to face him and watched the colors flicker in his aura. "What is it that displeases you so?"

Daken: "Hmm?" Daken cocked his head a little. Did she so easily slip past my shields?

Monet: "What is it that displeases you so," she repeated, slower. "I expect an honest answer."

Daken: "You caught me off guard is all. I'm used to these proceedings going quite differently is all. Usually my clients are in more need of my skills and react as such."

Monet: "Let me make one thing clear: I do not need anyone. I choose to use the services of those around me because I prefer it that way. If you have a problem with the fact that I do not fall at your feet begging you to do what I am telling you to, then you may go."

Daken: "I have no problem with that and I do not expect you to beg anything of me. You would not be in the position you are in if you were not extraordinarily powerful or resourceful. But I will say I work better without threats of my life or extremities. I am a professional and will act as such and would prefer to be treated that way as well."

Monet: "I treat everyone this way and you need to understand that or this agreement will not last long." She moved to sit at her desk and picked up her pen to start working on her next stack of documents and edicts. Monet gave him a smirk, "Bring me results and I will make sure you are rewarded handsomely. I may even let you choose between a few things if I like the results enough."

Daken: Daken smiled at the last comment. "You can expect results. I will contact you as soon as I have information worthy of your rewards." He stood up and placed his glass on the tray, before turning to head out.

Monet: "Daken," she called before he hit the door. "If I hear that she knows about me having you do this, that will be the end of this agreement." Monet didn't bother saying what else it would be the end of. He knew well enough already. And if he didn't, she would enjoy the surprise on his face.