10/9 Issue: Pretty Dangerous

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

10/9 Issue: Pretty Dangerous

Post by Esynthia »

Mid-day of April 10th, 2023 – After Tony's Dead Hooker

Carol: After some coffee and cold pizza, a nap, a shower, and some more coffee, Carol was finally feeling like she could manage this awake thing and sat on Rogue's bed watching tv. She didn't want to go home yet. There would be questions. So, for now, she was going to eat room service pastries and ridiculous daytime tv and try not to think about naked blue demons.

Rogue: Rogue rolled over and stretched then curled back up with the pillow, vaguely wondering what time it was. She peeked with one eye and frowned. This was not her room. She pushed up onto her elbow and looked around properly. How did she get into Tony's room? And where was Tony? Oh boy, she was a bad bodyguard.

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes and listened to the stillness of the room and finally heard the shower going. Found him. Good, he was occupied so she could make a classy exit. Rogue stood up and realized she needed clothes, lots more clothes than what she wasn't wearing.

Rogue: She fumbled with the clasp of her inhibitor as she moved towards her room, breathing a sigh of relief as her headache from it (and the alcohol) ebbed as soon as it was gone. She stepped through her door and froze. Carol! Oh shit. "Heeey..."

Carol: Carol looked over at the voice then instantly looked away again. Naked! "Why is everyone naked today?!"

Rogue: "Sorry!" Rogue flew quickly in the opposite direction from the bedroom and grabbed a towel to wrap around her from the bathroom. Then she came back out to hunt for clothes. "Stay on th' bed so we don't accidentally touch while Ah find clothes."

Carol: "I'm okay with that." She hadn't planned on moving. "You were wearing clothes when you went in there... well, minus pants...."

Rogue: "Uh huh..." Shit. What had happened last night? Rogue pulled clothes out of her drawers and started pulling things on under the towel until she had to drop it for her bra, but she made sure her back was to Carol while she did that. "Where's Chris?"

Carol: "No idea. Not sure where he landed after I threw him out the window. He's probably found a hole to crawl in by now..."

Rogue: Rogue whirled around, eyes wide, "You actually threw him out th' window? Ah thought Ah dreamed that!"

Carol: "He told me to... actually he requested the next state but I figured a few blocks was enough because Tony was busy staring at your ass."

Rogue: "Why would he wanna be thrown out th' window?" She made a face, "That don't make sense." Rogue pulled her shirt on then went in search of socks and gloves. "Just 'cause he didn't wanna meet Tony?"

Carol: "Tony was naked." Carol offered Rogue a grin as she lifted her coffee cup for another sip.

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Oh yeah. Ah f'rgot that part." She laughed harder as she pulled on her gloves. "How many shades o' red was Chris when he flew away?"

Carol: "I think he invented new ones," she laughed too, reaching to put her empty cup down. "You'd think after living with Greer so long he'd have gotten used to public nudity."

Rogue: "Ah guess it's one thing when it's tha woman y're sleepin' with an' another entirely when it's th' President?" She shrugged and flew over to flop beside Carol on the bed. "Whatcha watchin'?"

Carol: "Daytime tv. Best when you have a mushy brain... pastry?" she offered the contents of the tray. "I've been keeping them warm."

Rogue: "Ooh, yes please." Rogue peeled off her freshly applied gloves and picked up a pastry to pull apart. She groaned in pleasure as the first bite hit her stomach. "Ah didn't realize how hungry Ah was. Thanks." She arched an eyebrow at her, "Not that Ah mind, but why're ya still here? Were y' waitin' on me?"

Carol: "I ate all the pizza and I was still hungry so..." she shrugged, looking down at the tray for a moment while she considered whether or not to be truthful with her answer, "Didn't really wanna go home... and I kind of have some... holes... from last night... I was kind of hoping maybe you could fill me in? Because I think Chris is going to be avoiding my calls for the next month."

Rogue: "We had pizza?" Why didn't she remember pizza? Rogue tilted her head in concern, "Of course. Whatever y' need. Ah'll tell y' what Ah c'n remember, if that helps? But it's not a whole lot, mah own self..."

Carol: Carol chewed her lip, not sure if she'd get the answers she needed that way, "Nothing weird happened... right?"

Rogue: "Weelll... B'sides Tony bein' naked," which wasn't really weird for her, but probably was for Carol and Chris, "Ah don't know." Rogue wrinkled her nose. "Ah'm sorry. Ah remember booze? An' Chris comin'. An' wakin' up in Tony's be- Room."

Carol: "I know you're sleeping with him, you don't have to pretend," She leaned to bump Rogue with her shoulder.

Rogue: Rogue's eyebrows shot up and she choked on her bite of pastry. "Y' do?" What had happened last night?!

Carol: "You were making out over me.... not that it wasn't obvious before that but, yeah... you are busted."

Rogue: "Nooo," she laughed, but felt her face turning red. "No Ah was not. Ah don't kiss him in front o' people! Ah don't! It's like... An unsaid rule!"

Carol: "Well you woke up still drunk... and Tony started it so I guess he thought it was safe enough for me to see?"

Rogue: "He did?!" Was that a thing they did now? Kiss in front of people? Rogue stared at her pastry as she frowned in confusion. "So... Was he drunk then?" She suddenly wasn't hungry anymore and she dropped the rest of the pastry back on the tray before she fell backwards onto the bed. "Why don't Ah remember this?"

Carol: "He might have been? I don't know... he seemed to find the whole situation really amusing." She looked over at Rogue, "I could help? Maybe? I mean... would my memories of last night be all there for you or still all... with bits missing? At least you'd have the whole morning though..."

Rogue: "Ah should be able t' get 'em all. Ah mean, Ah know Ah say that Ah only get y'r memories, but it's more like telepathy in that Ah c'n see things y' don't remember, too." Rogue watched Carol for a moment, "Are y' sure?"

Carol: "No?" She replied, wrinkling her nose, "But how else are we going to get it all back? I'd rather know..."

Rogue: Rogue wrinkled her nose. "Ah guess y' got a point there." She licked the sticky from her fingers, wiped her hand on her jeans, then held it out to Carol. "Ah'm gonna let you be th' one t' touch me so that you control it. But Ah only need a light brush t' get everythin'."

Carol: It had been a long while since Carol had let Rogue take her powers and she'd been through a lot since then. There was no telling how her powers would react to Rogue after the Brood meddling... which was something else Rogue would know all the details of. She hadn't been through that with anyone.

Carol: She took a breath and let it out slowly to calm down before reaching out and lightly touching Rogue's outstretched palm with her fingertips.

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes at the rush of energy and took a deep breath. Her powers loved Carol's for some reason. Her jaw clenched as her mind raced through Carol's life and after about a minute, she opened her eyes to look at her friend. "Damn, sugah."

Carol: "Yeah..." she slouched back into the pillows, "I know... I'm a mess..."

Rogue: "So what's new? Ah'm one, too." Rogue gave her a smile and bumped Carol with her shoulder. "Good news is that nothin' sexual happened in here last night. So that's a plus."

Carol: "Oh thank God.... no offense.... just that would be super awkward...."

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Though, Ah'm flattered that y' liked th' view."

Carol: And now she was blushing. "Yeah... you're welcome?"

Rogue: She laughed, "Hey, it's nothin' t' be embarrassed about. If Ah liked girls, you'd be on th' top o' mah list. Promise." Rogue shrugged one shoulder and shifted to grab her gloves to slip back on. "As it happens, though, Ah like bits you don't have way more."

Carol: Carol laughed, "Yeah... I'm kinda fond of those too." Oh shit. She knew other things now.

Rogue: "So..." Rogue felt her face heat up a bit as she recalled everything from the morning in Carol's perspective. "Ah'm sorry 'bout Tony. That was weird. An' we're not a thing... We just..." How did she even begin to describe this? "Ah like him a lot. But Ah like other people, too... Like, um. Like how you do with Shinobi?"

Carol: Carol groaned and covered her face with her hands, "Please don't tell anyone..."

Rogue: "Ah would never. Y' know that." Rogue bumped her again. "Ah'm not a snitch. Got too many people's secrets in mah head f'r that. 'Sides. Like Ah said, Ah know how y' feel."

Carol: "Care to share?" she peered out between her fingers, "Seems fair...."

Rogue: Rogue groaned this time, "Ah mean... No?" But it really was only fair. "Ah've never told anybody... An' Ah ain't never said it out loud, neither..." She sucked in a deep breath and held it for as long as she could before blowing it out with the name at the same time as quick as she could, "Bobby."

Carol: Carol lowered her hands and blinked at Rogue, "Man, we are a pair, huh?"

Rogue: Her nose wrinkled up and she frowned at Carol. "A pair o' awful homewreckers. Tony's a great distraction though. An' bonus, he's nothin' like Sam, so Ah don't even get flashes when we're t'gether."

Carol: "Yeah? That's good... at least you have someone....." She offered Rogue a small smile.

Rogue: "It's easy when he's a genius inventor who c'n make it so Ah c'n touch just so he c'n kiss me 'cause he's also a horrendous flirt." She sighed and stared at the ceiling. "It's not like he likes me f'r more than what Ah c'n do f'r him physically. Off th' job, Ah mean. He likes th' fact that Ah keep him alive, too."

Carol: "Are you sure?" She knew Rogue now had the knowledge of her conversation with Sebastian too and wondered how long it would take to filter down. "I mean.... are you sure that's all it is?"

Rogue: Rogue frowned in thought. "Ah dunno... Ah mean, he likes me as a person, Ah guess?" Her head flopped to the side and she gave Carol a questioning look, "What makes you an' Shaw think differently?"

Carol: "Sebastian knows him well enough to know what normal behaviour is for him... if he thinks it's weird then there's gotta be something.... or maybe we're reading into it too much." She shrugged, picking up one of the pastries and pulling off a piece to pop in her mouth, "You know how he is with you... what do you think?"

Rogue: Rogue covered her face with her arms and sighed heavily. "Ah dunno. Ah mean... He's th' President. An' he still goes on dates with other women an' sleeps with 'em as far as Ah know, so... Ah thought Ah was just someone f'r when he didn't have a date?"

Carol: "He doesn't kick you out of bed..." Carol pointed out, "And how many other people can say they've slept with him more than once?"

Rogue: "Ah don't know? Ah've never paid attention t' that part. An' he wouldn't kick me out 'cause he doesn't wanna piss me off since Ah hafta keep him alive. Right?"

Carol: "Why would it piss you off though? You know how he operates.... he'd at least be nice about it I'd hope." She frowned a little, "I don't know..."

Rogue: "'Cause Ah'm cranky when Ah'm tired?" Rogue whimpered. "Ah dunno! Ah never thought about it b'fore! Oh crap. Now it's gonna get awkward... Caroool..."

Carol: "I'm sorry! I over think things! I can't help it!"

Rogue: "Ugh. Ah do, too... Ah'm surprised Ah'd not thought 'bout it b'fore. But maybe it's 'cause he does still sleep with other women?" Rogue's eyes went wide and she sat up suddenly. "Ah can't do this anymore if he likes me. Ah cain't be trusted t' be able t' protect him. Carol, Ah could lose mah job!"

Carol: "Then I guess you need to have a talk with him and figure out what's going on, huh?" She chewed her lip, "Whatever happens... you're still gonna have a job, you realise... the whole X-men thing..."

Rogue: "Oh no." She whirled around and gave Carol a pitiful look. "Did he really do that f'r me like Shaw thinks? Oh please tell me he didn't!"

Carol: Carol shrugged, "How the heck would I know? It could just as well be for his ego.... Either way, it's happening now."

Rogue: "Shit." Rogue scrubbed at her face and took a deep breath. "Ah don't wanna talk t' him 'bout this! How would Ah even bring it up?!"

Carol: "Want me to do it? Or I could ask Sebastian... or Jess..." That idea filled her with glee, "Please say I can ask Jess to do it."

Rogue: "Ask Jess t' talk t' Tony 'bout whether'r not he likes me? Carol, tha man won't be around her without some sort o' protection an' Ah do not wanna be present f'r that conversation."

Carol: "I can do that," she nodded, "That way I get to watch."

Rogue: Rogue took a deep breath and let it out as slowly as she could. "Okay. God help me. Okay."

Carol: Yeeeeeeeeees! This was going to be awesome. "I'll let you know how it goes... now we just gotta lure him over to their house.... or I can bring her here....?"

Rogue: "Either way it'd be pretty easy. Ah'll just tell him that Ah need t' take a personal day t' go see mah niece an' nephew, an' that y're gonna watch him. So Ah c'n either drop him with his husband or you c'n come here an' bring Jess as a tagalong."

Carol: "Which ever way works for you... just drop me a message when you've picked one. I'm staying with the Shaws until the blue demons are gone so... getting Jess in a hurry isn't gonna be hard."

Rogue: "Ah could use some cuddle time with th' kids... Maybe Ah'll bring 'im by since Ah'm goin' out anyway. Then Ah c'n pick 'im up on mah way back through. Just have 'im nice an' liquored up so Ah don't hafta deal with questions?" Bobby was going to just love this. She hadn't even worked up nerve to tell him there was anything happening.

Carol: "Oh we'll be drinking. Rest assured." She nodded slowly, "We're all going to need it for that talk."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Ah'm gonna need it just thinkin' 'bout that talk."

Carol: "Nah you just need kids to cuddle for a distraction while you try not to flirt with your best friend."

Rogue: "We flirt anyway. That's just how we roll. Everybody always thought we were a couple..." She sighed and fell back on the bed again. "What has mah life b'come?!"

Carol: "It's your own fault for being all Southern and adorable... and hot. It's a dangerous combination."

Rogue: That made her laugh genuinely, "Yeah huh. Ah killed you th' first time we met. That's what's dangerous."

Carol: She shook her head, "You didn't kill me... I'm still here," she leaned to wrap her arms around Rogue, "Now we're partners in crime."

Rogue: Rogue felt around for her gloves and pulled them on so she could hug back without fear. "Ah'm so glad o' that, sugah. Y' have no idea. Love you, gal."

Carol: She smiled and gave Rogue a squeeze, "Love you too... Like it or not, you're family now."

Rogue: "An' family means nobody gets left b'hind."

Carol: "Even if they totally deserve it."

Rogue: "Like Hope."

Carol: Carol laughed, "Yes, exactly!"

Rogue: "Okay, Tony was in th' shower when Ah left. Ah'll go tell him 'bout mah personal day an' deliver him t' y'r door in an hour?"

Carol: "Oh we're doing this today? Someone's in a hurry," she sat up again and picked up her abandoned pastry. "I'm totally taking these with me."

Rogue: "Well yeah! Ah gotta know! Ah won't be able t' be mahself 'round 'im 'til Ah know... You get it, right?"

Carol: Carol nodded, "Yeah, I get it." She offered Rogue her own abandoned pastry, "Finish your breakfast and have some coffee. Then we can do this."