9/29 Issue: Stalky Coffee

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

9/29 Issue: Stalky Coffee

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Afternoon of April 3rd, 2023

Daken: Daken sat at a table in the corner, where he could see the whole room. His coffee was still a little too hot to drink it comfortably but he sipped at it anyways. Hanging out in Boston was turning out to be far more boring than he was willing to put up with, but the money was good.

Jamie: Jamie watched as his mark had gone into the coffee shop and sat in his car across the parking lot, playing hangman with a dupe, waiting for him to come back out. But it had been too long. Did he leave? Had they been too engrossed and missed him? Jamie Prime growled under his breath, reabsorbed his dupe, and got out of his car. As far as he knew, the mark had never met him and therefore wouldn't know his face if he went in to get a cocoa.

Daken: The little bell on the door alerted Daken that a new customer had come in and he looked up to see his newest victim. Huh, he doesn't fit the usual clientele. He watched the new man with a little more interest than the rest since he seemed out of place.

Jamie: Jamie stepped up to the counter and ordered a cocoa with no whipped cream and covertly scanned the room while his head was down to get out his card from his wallet. Ah ha! There you are, you sneaky sneaker. Weirdo. He looked almost like Professor Howlett, but... also way not. Yep. Weirdo for sure. Jamie moved to sit by the fire while he waited on them to get his drink ready, keeping this guy in the corner of his eye the whole time.

Jamie: Sitting in this coffee shop was not the mark's job as far as he knew. Jamie looked around casually, trying to see if anyone else in the room could be his mark's mark. Hopefully not Marky Mark, though, because that would be sad.

Daken: Daken smirked a little at him when the man looked his way. The coffee was finally a drinkable temperature and he took a long sip of it before pulling out a newspaper to start reading.

Jamie: Hmm. A newspaper. Cover? Or legit? Jamie pulled his 'glasses' from his pocket, tapping a hidden button on the earpiece as he put them on and glanced back at the man. Date - April third. Okay, so it was real. Double hmm. He adjusted the glasses to press the button on the side again, making them not zoom anymore because boy did that give him a headache when he tried to look at things close to him.

Daken: Daken read through a few articles, peering up from time to time to see if the man was still staring at him. He did think he looked good today but not good enough to have this much attention devoted to him. Maybe I should have a little fun... After another sip of coffee, Daken started to release some pheromones into the air to encourage the populace to be a little more open with their desires.

Jamie: Jamie sniffed and pulled out his phone, snapping a selfie of him in the glasses for Jean, sending it instantly. [Miss you! Hope you're having more fun than me! This dude it boooooriiiiiing... Sex later?]

Jamie: He blinked at what he just sent, "Uh..." [Uh... That's... Yeah k sry. Ignore that...]

Daken: Ugh he's one of those, that does the stupid selfie thing. Daken rolled his eyes a little and went back to the article he was reading, quickly becoming bored with the man.

Jamie: Jamie shook his head, cleared his throat, and put the glasses away. Weird. He looked up as his 'name' was called and he went to get his drink from the counter, going to the condiment table to put some cinnamon in it. He jumped when his phone buzzed in his front pocket. Always put it in the back pocket, Jamie. He grinned at the reply from Jean, though: [ignore it?! nope! holding you to it!]

Jamie: Jamie instantly typed his response, [Good! Love you! C u later!] Back to work... It puts the cinnamon in the cocoa...nut... and it stirs it around. His head bobbed a bit to the song in his head while stirring.

Daken: Daken looked up to see the man bobbing his head for some reason. Welp.... he's definitely a weirdo, guess he does fit in. He took another sip deciding the news was boring today, no reports of his latest kill yet. Time to have some fun. He upped the concentration of pheromones, noticing a few of the couples openly making out finally. Wonder just how far they'll be willing to go.

Jamie: Jamie tossed the stir stick, put the lid back on his cocoa and shifted his legs a bit with a frown. He took a sip and yelped as it burned his tongue. Dammit. Well, even though dude had noticed him, he definitely had just drawn more attention. And he was ready to go pick Jean up. Like, 5 minutes ago.

Jamie: He moved to the table two away from his mark and pulled his phone out to 'play games', making sure the sound was completely off before actually turning on his camera to snap photos of the man not doing what he was being paid to do. Mr. Shaw would be pleased. Maybe.

Daken: Daken noticed the phone pointing directly at him and did his best to ignore it. He hated that they had games on them now, so he couldn't tell if someone was being rude or attempting to take pictures of him. Daken finished his coffee and smirked a little. He could possibly have some fun with this guy, but how should he do it?

Jamie: He swiped his thumb up, mimicking the motions he used to play those match three games, then made a frustrated noise when he 'lost' the level. Jamie blew in the hole of the lid on his drink and wished he hadn't burned his tongue. Cocoa would taste like cardboard now. It would also impede what he wanted to do to Jeannie. He growled softly again and shifted in his seat.

Jamie: Okay, this dude needed a more direct approach if anything was going to get done in any sort of feasible timeframe. He put his phone in his back pocket after closing out his apps, stood, and approached him. "I saw you staring at me. Do I know you?"

Daken: "I was going to ask you the same thing. You've seemed quite interested in me since you got here. Did I go to the wrong coffee shop today?" Daken folded his paper and sat it down on the table. "I wouldn't say I was looking for a hook up but if this is that kind of place." He gave a slight nod to the few couples in the place that were now getting pretty heated with there attentions to each other. "When in Rome huh?" He gave the man a sly smile.

Jamie: Jamie cleared his throat and rolled his shoulders under his jacket. "Um, no. Not interested in a hookup. I have a girlfriend." Who could melt your brains without even blinking. "Thanks, though." Maybe. "But, nope. Never seen you before as far as I know. I mean, you look kind of like someone I used to know, but other than that, nope."

Daken: Aww he's getting flustered, how cute. Daken upped the pheromones again, this time spiking in a little confusion just for the fun of it. "Maybe you should have brought her here instead of looking for men then hmm?"

Jamie: "I'm not looking for men," he countered. Just a man. Him. But he didn't need to know that. Did he? Nope. Nope, not at all. Don't get fired, Madrox. "But since you're here... Hi, I'm John Maddox." Jamie offered his hand.

Daken: Daken smirked a little. Skin to skin contact, just another way to dose him full of pheromones. "Daken Akihiro." He shifted the smirk into a smile as he shook his hand and dosed him with more pheromones with the direct contact.

Jamie: "Nice to, um, pleased to, uh, yep. Hi." Smooth, Jamie. Real smooth. Maybe he should have left the dupe in his car for back up. Jamie took his hand back and motioned at the extra chair at Daken's table, "Taken? I mean, empty? I mean, can I sit here?" Wow. What the heck?

Daken: "Feel free." He chuckled a little. "I might need more coffee though if I am going to stay and chat."

Jamie: "Oh? Were you about to leave? I can go. I just thought since we both thought the other knew us that maybe we should see if we know us." Yep.

Daken: "I was thinking about it, I only came in for some coffee."

Jamie: "Well then I guess I should let you get back to it. I mean, wouldn't want to keep you from whatever it is you do. Ya know... For a living. Work and stuff..." Jamie took a drink of his cocoa and stood back up. Maybe he could follow him to make sure his next stop was a shady enough looking stop for him to be able to tell Mr. Shaw that he was working.

Daken: Daken upped the pheromones again before offering a hand to shake. "It was nice meeting you Mr. Maddox."

Jamie: Jamie's knees went wobbly and he barely let go before he slumped back into the seat, covering his lap with his cocoa cup. "You, too. I'm just gonna... Um. Sit here for a minute. Finish my drink. 'Kay bye!" Gaaaah. Jeaaaan.

Daken: "Enjoy." He gave him a smile and brushed his arm as he walked to the door. "We'll have to meet up for coffee again sometime." Daken gave him a wry smirk.

Jamie: "I'll have my people call your people..." Not likely. He shifted a bit uncomfortably and waited for Daken to leave before heading out a side exit, stripping his jacket, and stamping his foot four times to dissipate the pheromones. Gaaaah. He quickly absorbed the dupes and power walked to his car to be able to follow Daken wherever he went next.