Post-it's to Players

It's a wide, wide world, so check in to see what's going on and maybe to create some of your own Scrawlerearth history.

Post-it's to Players

Postby fourpawsonthefloor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:46 pm

We thought it would be a good idea to have a little thread that was topped that had all the general things that we are plotting and what's going on in game - people can also ask questions here if they need things clarified. This way it's one simple look to know what the general theme is at the time you are curious about.

Make sure to 'game date' the posts so that people know when in game we're talking about.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Title: Executive Administrator

Post-it's to Players

Postby steyn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:05 am

Hey kids, wanna join the coolest club around? Ask mommy to take you to the nearest registration centre and have them check if you could be a MRA KID! Just one small prick on the finger to get a small drop of blood, and afterwards you get a juicebox and a cookie! A big cookie!

Get registered and join the MRA KID club!

Tv Commercial:

Black and white colour scheme, a boy sits alone in a room, everything dreary and he looks out the window seeing other kids playing.
Voice over of the boy:
"I always felt lonely. Left out. People didn't want to be my friends."
Saturation of colours gets more.
"And now I know I'm not lonely. There is others like me. I'm not alone, are you?"
Boy smiles at the camera holding up a MRA KID kids card. A picture of the MRA KID mascot is on the card, a cartoony purple and blue boy with tentacles under his arms, giving a thumbs up.
"Join the club, register today."
The camera pans out showing other kids in the room holding up their cards to the camera yelling "I'm an MRA kid!"
Even in the background there's a theme song playing.
M R A K I D, M U T I E! Song to the tune of The Mickey Mouse Club song

[Edited on 14/10/2008 by steyn]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post-it's to Players

Postby Slarti » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:44 am

Just a few points for clarity for folks who want to play MRA-related stuff this summer and into the fall:

-- MRA registration is not mandatory yet, so even obvious mutants can certainly still leave school grounds or go home for the summer. Public sentiment regarding mutants should not have changed much from what it was in the past year. Students should not reveal the real name/purpose/location of the school, however.

-- Feel free to reference the advertisements that Steyn posted, as well as other MRA-related propaganda previously established.

-- Mutants, registered or not, cannot be overly harassed, threatened, or physically assaulted, especially by government employees.

-- Referencing or NPCing subtle discrimination is fine, so long as it's subtle. The example would be dirty looks from everyday people, or some verbal skirmishes. Any physical altercation needs prior approval, and then what's approved must be what is played. No amping up the action.

-- Registration will become mandatory during the fall semester, and only after that deadline will mutants face potential fines, jail or deportation if they're caught out unregistered.

-- Even after that deadline, mutants won't just be stopped in the street by authorities and asked to show registration. This is not a police state. Only if the character gets arrested, or seeks a government license/visa/passport, or gets placed in a public hospital would he/she be tested if not already registered.

-- From now on, students will not receive letters from Xavier's inviting them to attend since a school sending out letters saying 'hey come to my secret mutant school' doesn't make much sense. Xavier will either personally or via someone else make personal contact. Students may then come to the school on their own, or a staff member , student -- or in some circumstances even a team of students -- will go pick them up.

[Edited on 15-10-2008 by Slarti]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post-it's to Players

Postby Esynthia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:55 am

Originally posted by Slarti
-- Even after that deadline, mutants won't just be stopped in the street by authorities and asked to show registration. This is not a police state. Only if the character gets arrested, or seeks a government license/visa/passport, or gets placed in a public hospital would he/she be tested if not already registered.

Would that be a widely known thing though? I know that I've had Rogue assuming that they would do that because she's scared out of her mind and assuming the worst, but I also know that nothing has been stated in game one way or the other. I, as a player, know they wouldn't, but would my character know?
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple

Post-it's to Players

Postby fourpawsonthefloor » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 am

Having cbaraters have worries is cool. That's normal. Having characters state that it happened to someone or having it happen to them etc is where we're drawing the line :).
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Title: Executive Administrator

Post-it's to Players

Postby Esynthia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:23 am

Yeah, I get that. ;) but would the gov't let people know they *wouldn't* be doing that?
ImageImage

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post-it's to Players

Postby steyn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:42 am

first of all, ask yourself, why would she be thinking that would happen in the first place, had it happened before to someone else?
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post-it's to Players

Postby Esynthia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 am

Because she's fucking paranoid that's why. :P she assumes the worst a lot of the time.
ImageImage

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post-it's to Players

Postby Slarti » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:11 am

Well, if she's paranoid, even if the government assures her that won't happen she's still worry so it wouldn't matter. ;)

But I would say the government *would* be saying this isn't turning America into a repressive police state, exactly because they want the Act to look attractive and they want mutants to register.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post-it's to Players

Postby Esynthia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:53 am

it wouldn't ease her worry completely no, but she'd feel *a little* better. thanks yall.
ImageImage

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post-it's to Players

Postby Freak » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 pm

*gives Rogue a tinfoil hat*

Edited to post the newspaper article in a separate thread. We want to reserve this thread for annnouncements from game moderators and for discussion on those announcements. Thanks!

[Edited on 16-10-2008 by Slarti]
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post-it's to Players

Postby Game Administrator » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Just a heads up to players so you don't think things have gone missing and all that. We're rearranging a few things to get prepped for the next semester and Nightscrawlers move so unless you think something has gone missing that you don't believe we know about don't worry. :)
Our policy is to use policies where applicable, but not where they violate policy. - Tom Brevoort, Marvel Comics Editor

:rogue :monet :ifist :deadgirl :lizard :northie :polaris :rachel :torch :selene :penance

"The truth is, the only thing I've really learned since I've been doing this is that you have no control over anything, so you might as well drink."
Game Administrator
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Title: Voice of the Game

Post-it's to Players

Postby Starfish » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Welcome to Camp Refugee!

As a result of the game “99 Luftballons
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post-it's to Players

Postby Ferguson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey everybody!

Just dropping a quick note here to let people know to start gathering favourite quotes and pictures from now and from days gone by from the RPG for a little project we're working on.

http://scrawlersearth.tumblr.com/submit for ease of feeding.

[Edited on 22/12/11 by Ferguson]

[Edited on 23/12/11 by Ferguson]
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: Post-it's to Players

Postby Starfish » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 am

Underused thread resurrection for great justice!

As you may have gathered already, the circus is in town, having pitched its tents not too far from Westchester for the next week or two. So if you'd like your characters stop by explore all the wondrous things there are to see, feel free to use it as a setting locale. Have fun, catch a show, get your fortune told, indulge in whacky games, or just stroll the colourful grounds. Who knows, maybe it'll all become more relevant than it seems further down the line...

To add a shameless plug, for those interested, I have a little show prepared that I'd like to do rather soon. So I hope you'll be around. ;)
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Title: Many Sticky Hands

Postby Slarti » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:24 pm

It's the beginning of summer break, with the events of the Feb. 22 game, posted here: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=18035

For the Cliff's Notes version, see the Wider Mutant World thread, which has important news affecting our characters: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=13604&p=137159#p137159

So, as of this week, it's early June - so celebrate summer, and know that the world now realizes that the X-Men still exist... and the danger of the Sentinel Program is looming.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JackSkulls » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Just dropping a line in here to let all of you know about our favorite metal working art teacher incase you haven't been reading. He's finally back from his "extended vacation" the was comprised of luxurious operating rooms and testing facilities. He's come back with a whole new outlook on life and what looks to be a new body.

For anyone who would like to reference seeing him before he has been fixed up by the budding scientific minds of Xavier's, he has been changed quite a lot. His skin is now a blue/gray hue and all of his tattoos and piercings have been removed. His hands up to his forearms are black as pitch and his fingers have been turned into wicked nasty claws. The last major change is his eyes, basically they have the same look as his hands (burnt charred stone) with glowing white coals instead of fleshy eyes.

Feel free to reference people seeing him being drug across campus by SHIELD or McCoy, maybe broo if steyn is willing to allow it. Basically for now he is a mindless monster and will act as such, he has been cuffed and depowered for student safety!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Postby Svartfreja » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:02 pm

The long-awaited reparations to the hole in the roof Danger created in her bid for freedom and murder are finally under way! Scaffolding is up and repair crews are working to restore the roof first then they will making their way down floor by floor to fill in all the holes and make it nice again. Hooray!

There is also the matter of the portal in the basement. Those who have been reading will know that Carol has ventured into another reality and met another version of herself. That version of herself will be hanging around the school on and off and will be distinguishable from their usual Carol by her brightly coloured superhero attire. If you would like for your character(s) to have a run-in with this alternative Carol, please pm Freja in chat ^_^
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Postby JackSkulls » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi there all! :D Hopefully you all enjoyed the First, albeit small, Installment of "monster theater" (Chris' Subplot) stared Christopher Nord with co-star Hope Stark, and other such cast members from Danvers Institute.

The Second Installation is about to begin. For those of you that haven't kept up with the school's art/biology teacher. Since returning and being brought back to a non-monstrous state. Chris has slowly regained his memories. Starting with the people he brutally killed in Alaska. Slowly these have evolved into stress induced dreams where he relives killing these people, as well as people that were not there. The most recent problems being having vivid hallucinations, seeing people covered in blood, his hands and even once he thought he saw the monster chasing people(which caused him to wreck his car).

Compounded with the recent events of Hope and him breaking up, his new girlfriend (Kat Pryde) having power issues, and his ex-wife (Greer Grant) returning to teach at the school has pushed what he can handle to his limits and he is taking a vacation. The portion where you're all concerned about this is, he's not coming back. Not instantly at least. He is going to be taken in broad daylight in Boston. The people that fucked him up the first time want him for further testing.

If you'd like to join in on Chris' subplot shoot me a line! I could really use the participation and it should be a fun actiony little subplot. Hit me up in chat and I can give you more details if you're interested or pm me here. :)
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Return to Planning for the People