Paty and all Dave's fans

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
GalacticAgent
Lubber
Lubber

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by GalacticAgent »

First to Paty. Thinking about you, kid, at this time and delighted to see your irrepressible, feisty presence back on forum.

Second to all his fans. Dave and Paty are truly blessed to have all you good people who care so deeply about them. It is truly a delight to check in and read all the messages of love and concern expressed thru this forum. To all of you, a belated Happy Thanksgiving and if I don't check in before Christmas, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
I'll just jump up here on the rigging. You mean on top of everything else, this ship is rigged? Rumble, rumble. Stop that rumbling down there! Rumble
SamKarns
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by SamKarns »

Thank you. How are you? Has Paty come by these forums lately?
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by Paty »

:magneto

actually I haven't been here for a while. I have been busy trying to whip this place into shape...and attending weddings and travelling all over the east coast...LOL
I have had computer problems, losing my monitor to snap crackle and pop...and finally getting a new one that has a screen so wide the messages come in in cinemascope.
but I keep muddling through. I am in the process of getting ready for a knee replacement surgery... and after that, you won't be able to keep up with me... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA ... eat my dust, y'all...
heheheheheheheee

I got a cryptic message to check out one of the threads but the one the link took me to was the news of Dave's death and there was nothing new on that one... so, since this one was the most recent, I decided to check it out... so here I am.

I am still crusading for my Mags... Claremont's Mags... and definately not the stale comments of a disgruntled Byrne...PTUI!

I managed to talk to Joe quesada in his office, last year...nice guy...I think he is really trying to control the idiots there at marvel these days... but whether he has the heart and dogged endurance to accomplish the cleanup needed I dunno...I guess time will tell.
All I know is if they screw up Mags again/any more I will walk away from the damn company and the godawful drek they expect us to plunk down three dollars an isue for.
I will keep a close eye on this year's editorial plotline by commission...sad that marvel should fall so far...cuz editors doNOT dictate storylines and plots in a creative company... writers do... and editors help coordinate all the diverse storylines to make it a shared universe. when editors dictate storylines and grandiose plots, you know the end is near cuz that kind of pond is stagnant and fetid... sorta like what is coming out of marvel these days...

I, on the other hand am attempting to return to illustrating. I have a book on my boards right now and we shall see how it goes. No... it is not comic format... my sis, boo, has written a children's book and i am gonna attempt to illustrate it. If it gets published, I willlet you all know... LOL

So that's it for now. Hang tough guys and gals!!!
Huggies
paty

Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by Slarti »

It's great to hear from you! Don't worry about that cryptic message - it was just a bit of spam and we already took care of it.

Good luck on that knee replacement, and the book! Keep us posted and hugs!
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by Paty »

thanks, darlin'
will do. we are off today to go to a concert of John williams music with Pirate Kurt...who has become a fixture here at Cockrum Corner...LOL no not the forum... I call our place Cockrum Corner, too... since it is on a corner of two roads crossing LOL
I shall try to check in more often, though...I do miss some of the good folk here...
Huggies to all
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Lovely to hear from you Paty - glad you are so gung ho and keeping busy!

Keep at it girl!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by PirateKurt »

Abd the John Williams concert was awesome. Darth Vader conducted the imperial march .. LOL
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by PirateKurt
Abd the John Williams concert was awesome. Darth Vader conducted the imperial march .. LOL
Now that is one reason I regret being on the other side of the country.

On the other hand, the local Salvation Army gave an award to our local 501st chapter at a special luncheon. Just imagine the amazement of all the luncheon guests as an Imperial officer (Mr. Ange) and a host of storm troopers "secured" the banquet room while Darth Vader accepted the award!

I guess it goes to show there's never a dull moment with geeks like us around!!!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by Paty »

HOORAY for geeks!!!
being a closet Klingon, I am BI... I love both star trek AND star wars!...LOL

OK kiddies... I will be gone for a bit. thursday... that is day after tomorrow... may 29... geez... where did May go???...I am going in for total knee replacement surgery and will be in the hospital for a few days... don't know exactlyhow many, yet... but... Pirate Kurt, who is now our adopted son... will keep you guys posted...OK?

Hopefully I shall return as the bionic woman... ready to kick butt... at worst, I get to pinch the asses of good looking interns...hehehehehehheehee
sounds like a fun thing to me...
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
I also like to tease my surgeon... his whole office now has a new knickname for him... Dr. Studmuffin! which he is...LOL

so here we goooooooooooooo
Later, dudes and dudesses...
Huggies

Paty

[Edited on 27/5/08 by Paty]
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Whoo! Pinch those tucchases!

I'm sure you'll be fine, but good luck anyways. Knee surgery these days turns out to be a snap.

Oh and yeah.... Props to the trekkies all the way!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Paty and all Dave's fans

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ah yes, nothing like going in to the chill of the surgical room dressed in nothing but a flimsy robe. However eye candy makes that trip a lot easier. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.