Dave orig art for sale-Spidey & X-Men

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
AKAKJB
Lubber
Lubber

Dave orig art for sale-Spidey & X-Men

Post by AKAKJB »

Hello, fellow fans. I hadn't heard about this site until recently, so its good to see the fans have carried on and supported Dave's online community.

I started collecting comics the day my mother brought home a large, manila envelope that contained both Marvel & DC comics. A couple of the titles in the package were Marvel Team-up #1 & one of DC's 100 page giants that had reprints. My mother still regrets that little gift almost 30 years later.

It was a slippery slide into full blown four-colour addiction. I was 11 years old (I think) and the only places remotely close to my house that had comics were available and those were pretty much 2 spinner racks that made getting my comics every week or so a real shot in the dark.

As time passed, I discovered a great shop. The owner and I had gotten pretty friendly after a while so, when his father passed away, he even asked me to run the store. When he paid me for my time, I handed it back to him plus the difference in price for a piece of original art he had behind the counter. That piece of art was Dave Cockrum's original cover for Giant Sized Marvel Team-Up #1. This art has been in my possession ever since.

Due to an adverse financial situation, I've had to make some hard decisions about what stays, what goes and the least amount of money I'll take for them and make that my eBay minimum.

A year or two ago, I had the original artwork professionally mounted & framed with a copy of GS MT-U so you have the original art and the final color version right next to it. It makes for a larger than normal frame size but but it displays beautifully on the wall. If you're a fan of Dave Cockrum then you should take a look. Original cover art from key books from that period are hard to find.

The auction will start on Sunday. I'll post the link here as soon as I get the auction url from eBay. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at thekjbdotexcitedotcom (obviously change the word dot the the period).

KJB

[Edited on 20/10/07 by AKAKJB]