the outsiders

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
EUREKA28
Lubber
Lubber

the outsiders

Post by EUREKA28 »

Hi, I’ve got two questions :

- in what book can I find this Nightcrawler’s artwork ?

http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Cate ... 400462.bmp

- in what book can I find these drawings of the Outsiders members (Typhoon,Quetzal, Nightcrawler...)?

http://www.nightcrawler.coolfreepage.com/

I like vey much the x-men and David Cockrum.

Thank you.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

the outsiders

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I am not 100%, but I'm pretty sure the top one is just a concept sketch and description and wasn't actually published in any comics. I could be wrong, and Paty I'm sure could shed more light on it :)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
EUREKA28
Lubber
Lubber

the outsiders

Post by EUREKA28 »

Is paty the wife of Dave Cockrum ?

What is the synonym for lubber ?

Thank you.

[Edited on 18/3/07 by EUREKA28]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

the outsiders

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Paty is Dave's wife, yes.

And lubber is just one of our ranks based on post count :)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Editor Man
Lubber
Lubber

the outsiders

Post by Editor Man »

I ran all of those pictures in The Legion Companion in 2003, albeit in black and white, along with a lot of other artwork which Dave sent me copies of. They all date back to 1972, and none of them were published until years later. Outside of the group picture of The Outsiders (and maybe the Nightcrawler ones), the first place they saw print was in The Legion Companion, although Dave had posted scans of them online before that.