Dave tribute in Supergirl & the LSH #27

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Indigo
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Indigo »

FYI, there's a 4 page tribute to Dave in SUPERGIRL & THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #27 (Apr 2007).

It includes reproductions of Dave's Legion work and Barry Kitson, Jim Shooter, and Paul Levitz express their thoughts on Dave's passing.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Thanks for sharing that! We'll have to check it out.
jafabian
Lubber
Lubber

Post by jafabian »

Nicely done. The text really sums up Legion history well and acknowledges both the highs and the lows of the series. They all but admit that for a time DC ignored the Legion's place in the DCU. And they very accurately acknowlege Dave's role not only in Legion history but in the comics industry itself. I'm glad they had some of Dave's best layouts in here, showcasing his designs of that era, I only wish they had gotten a previous Legion artist like Mike Grell, James Sherman, Keith Giffen or Steve Lightle to draw the panels with the current team in Dave's costumes.

Other than that, I know DC probably hurried getting that out. I'm glad they did it. It was nicely done.
Beware the Sleestak