Dave rememberance at NYCC

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Alitar
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Alitar »

Just getting back from the New York Comic Con, I was very happy with the Dave Cockrum panel remembering the great characters and images this artist gave us, most importantly the favorite blue elf. Happy to say, if there was one character's name who was mentioned most frequent, it would have to be Nightcrawler. I managed to get a question in with Chris C. about the fuzzy elf in his most early issues of x-men and was happy to hear that nightcrawler was Dave's favorite character in the series ;). Chris C. frequently mentioned nightcrawler's mini series where he was teleported to another dimension, and explained how smurfs was very popular at the time (that explains a lot), giving reference to the fun and happy feel which Dave brought to his artwork. Despite an impending doom which threatened the characters on a daily basis, Dave managed to keep the humor and child fun and innocence is his work, and brought our favorite character to life.
"What's so Civil about War anyway?"
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Hey! I was there too, I may have met you.

But it really was a fantastic panel. Lots of really great memories shared and interesting information about the comic industry in the past. And it was great to see so many people there who cared about Dave :)

EDIT:

I'm gonna move this into Cockrum Corner so Paty is sure to see it :)

[Edited on 26/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JoeRubinstein
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JoeRubinstein »

Hi Guys,
I just wanted to introduce myself.
i was on the panel since I inked Dave's second run on THE X-MEN and his NC min-series.

Glad to be aboard.
:)
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Welcome to the board Joe. :)

Wonderful to have you here. I'm sure people may have lots of questions for you ;).

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

hey Joe! Welcome to Nightscrawlers!!

And seconding paws. It's really great you've come by :)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
tsukechick
Lubber
Lubber

Post by tsukechick »

Welcome, Joe! That panel was the highlight of the con for me - thanks for taking the time to come talk with us.

Big fan of your work, too! :wave
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:magneto
Hi, Joe...good to see ya over here at Cockrum Corner...feel free to answer questions the crowd may throw at ya...LOL... we are very informal here and much like a big family in many regards.
I will warn you, though, a good part of cockrum corner is a haven for those who are passionate about Claremont's Magneto...heheheheehehehehee...led by
YOU KNOW WHO!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA

Welcome, kiddo...
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by PirateKurt »

Paty also told me that the popularity of the smurf was why we didn't get a mass marketed BAMF Doll. Ah well. I found a pattern for it once and made a few, one of which is sitting atop a certain 'Need not be named' Magneto-fanatic's helmet who goes BWA-HAH-HAH a lot. (See above reply for hints.)

Yar!
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

WOW!

Post by PirateKurt »

Originally posted by JoeRubinstein
Hi Guys,
i was on the panel since I inked Dave's second run on THE X-MEN and his NC min-series.

Glad to be aboard.
Welcome! and awesome work! And I am gonna sit over here and geek out a bit and bounce in a pirate like fashion!
Cadbury
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cadbury »

Hi Guys,

Glad to be aboard.
Wow, indeed. It is an honour to see your name here, Mr. Rubinstein. Greetings to you as well, Mrs. Cockrum. May I extend my own condolences to you on the loss of your husband? Mr. Cockrum played an important role in my life as a collector of comics. The X-Men always have been and will be a favourite of mine.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Hi Guys,

Glad to be aboard.
Please allow me to echo the same sentiments. Welcome aboard, and awesome work!

[Edited on 18/6/2007 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven